Rocket wheels

fullboogie

Established Member
I like fat, 5-spoked rims and have been looking for something that will fit on my '07. None of the "bargain-priced" rims will fit, and I'm just not going to spend the money for the uber-expensive forged rims out there. I came across these on the Rocket website - has anybody seen these in person? I like the fact that I can get them in 18's to match my current tires. They're about $300 each, and come in chrome, chrome w/black spokes, and a smokey chrome. I confirmed with Rocket that these do fit the Brembo brakes up until 2012. Any thoughts on the looks?

rocket_zps1884d0aa.gif

Chrome:
rocket3_zps81bbe3ac.gif

Smokey (black) chrome:
rocket2_zps0ba1a4f6.gif

Chrome lip and black spokes:
rocket1_zps231f9c8d.gif

Last edited:

54First

Grouchy Old Guy
Established Member
I used to agree with you, but so many regular Mustangs have similar wheels that they've lost their appeal for me.

Steve

fullboogie

Established Member
Flame suit on, but I would gladly put a set of "bullitt" rims on my car if they would fit. In fact, I'd love a set of Cragar S/S or Centerline Autodrags! Boy, that must date me pretty badly.

fullboogie

Established Member
Here's a real world shot:

1238703180248_DSC00016_zps4418cadd.gif

And here's a set on a black Shelby:

33241095_zpsb3e3e9ff.gif

Last edited:

fullboogie

Established Member
I really don't like the "spider web" design that seems so popular today - tons of thin spokes that go to the very outside of the rim, with no lip. Just looking for something different, I guess.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Here's a real world shot:

1238703180248_DSC00016_zps4418cadd.gif

^^^If the car had the right stance and tire combination, I could be into the wheel pictured above, but it would have to have a "correct look", to bring the old school and new school together. I believe this could be best achieved with a 2007-2009 GT500......just my opinion.

R

Last edited:

Crushinator

Established Member
They'll make your car look too much like a regular Mustang GT. I don't like the look at all. But it's not my car. But I vote a big no, don't do it. They don't even look as good as the stock '07 to '09 Shelby wheels.

fullboogie

Established Member
They'll make your car look too much like a regular Mustang GT. I don't like the look at all. But it's not my car. But I vote a big no, don't do it. They don't even look as good as the stock '07 to '09 Shelby wheels.

You guys may be right. And maybe it's because I previously had a GT with Bullitts. I'd love to have some TF's, but just can't afford them. I think it's called having champagne taste and beer budget. Sigh.

iwannacobra5

Established Member
i read somewhere that if you put them on your car it will automatically turn into a 1998 body style. lol...jk... everybody has their own taste. if you like them, get them. you'll get too many opinions on here.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
A set of TF's might not be that far out of your budget, did you ask Steve if he had any good deals laying around?
Don't waste your money on those wheels, they aren't what you want and they certainly won't make your car "stand out" like an aftermarket wheel should.

TexasShelby

Established Member
Flame suit on, but I would gladly put a set of "bullitt" rims on my car if they would fit. In fact, I'd love a set of Cragar S/S or Centerline Autodrags! Boy, that must date me pretty badly.

I owned both of those :rockon::beer: what I'd give to have those two rides back. :mj:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
You guys may be right. And maybe it's because I previously had a GT with Bullitts. I'd love to have some TF's, but just can't afford them. I think it's called having champagne taste and beer budget. Sigh.

When comparing to the oem bullit wheel linked below, yes the Rockets to look very similar. I guess there is very little you can do with a five spoke wheel, they will always look similar except the specific spoke design......

Ford Mustang 18" 2006 2007 2008 2009 Factory Rim Wheel Bullitt Package 3648 | eBay

The spokes on the oem bullit wheel remind me of the Cragar S/S spokes. The Cragar S/S was a Great looking wheel, but I have seen them on S197's in 20"......Not for me......

I recently saw a set of Cragar G/T's for sale, I had not seen them in years.......decades......

R

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread