Road and Track. GTR vs Z06 vs 997

yoda

Boost Lee Roy
Established Member
What are the major mods this car is gonna have? Upgraded turbos? but what else

Each turbo is rated at 350 hp each according to nissan.The Amuse GTR has dynoed at 530 whp with just exhuast and Ecu tune. There GTR is also running 59 sec lap times at tsukuba circuit.

slammedtermy said:
What are the major mods this car is gonna have? Upgraded turbos?

A full bpu GTR should be in the 600 awhp range.Thats plenty good for a street car without getting into aftermakerket turbos if you ask me.

Last edited:

whitecobra2387

Established Member
[ame=http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Evolution-Performance-Inc-Shelby-GT500-Runs-930_144244.htm]
a3332936-b46d-4028-81be-9a0701444db9.jpg
[/ame]
Stock motor runings Low 9's, Yeah ford has failed jesus, dont even get me started on that nissans trap speed in the 1/4 116 hahahaha thats a joke. the thing I Most enjoy about these test are people listen to everything they say, and buy nissan Skyline thinking they have
z06 killer haha

Last edited:

redline360

Established Member
25 less hp, less torque and like a 600+ pound difference laps 5 sec faster then the Z...Am i missing something?

(i didnt read the article so dont get pissy if it explains it)....also isnt the Z on the shitty runflats? why dont they actually test one with real tires

GunsUpCoyote

Global Wahhh? 12 mpg
Established Member
Looks like Nissan screwed up with the turbos integrated into the exhaust. O yeah and for the guy bashing the Gt 500 and ford, Grow some balls, drink a beer, and call yourself an American Damnit!

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
The z06 out trapped the GTR by 7.2mph thats a pretty big difference. So on the street stock for stock (which isn't really going to happen much given how mod friendly both cars are) the z06 still is king.

Actually, in most street races from a stop, the AWD GTR will get the best of the Z, unless there's enough room to go past 100. The highway races is where the C6Z will kill it.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
So the GTR traps what a stock GT500 traps? Nice

Cant outrun ugly though

DouBLeJ16

Roadkill Lurker
Established Member
Trap speed seems low for the GT-R, compared to what they have been hitting.. But the track times are amazing. 5 seconds difference on that track isn't even close.

JD03Cobra

Who's your Daddy!
Established Member
I'm sorry, but it is still a ****ing Nissan, so who cares. You couldn't pay me to drive any Nissan. I also will never understand all the Ford bashing on a Ford site, but some people just like to bitch. No need to respond because the chances of me even bothering to read in this thread again are pretty much 0.

I hear ya brother.

DouBLeJ16

Roadkill Lurker
Established Member
I'm sorry, but it is still a ****ing Nissan, so who cares. You couldn't pay me to drive any Nissan. I also will never understand all the Ford bashing on a Ford site, but some people just like to bitch. No need to respond because the chances of me even bothering to read in this thread again are pretty much 0.

There's always one of these people.. No matter what the car is, no matter how good the performance numbers are there will always be someone that says "It's a ____, who would buy it?"

The only way this type of person will be happy is if they get they're favorite badge on the back on the car. Anything around that badge is meaningless.

New viper? Badass.... ohwait, I think I see a dodge badge.. (squint) Yeah, that car is weak now.

electrikoptik

Get to the choppa!
Established Member
Stock motor runings Low 9's, Yeah ford has failed jesus, dont even get me started on that nissans trap speed in the 1/4 116 hahahaha thats a joke. the thing I Most enjoy about these test are people listen to everything they say, and buy nissan Skyline thinking they have
z06 killer haha

Edmunds.com got 121mph trapseed out of the new GT-R. Who's the joke now?

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
There's always one of these people.. No matter what the car is, no matter how good the performance numbers are there will always be someone that says "It's a ____, who would buy it?"

The only way this type of person will be happy is if they get they're favorite badge on the back on the car. Anything around that badge is meaningless.

New viper? Badass.... ohwait, I think I see a dodge badge.. (squint) Yeah, that car is weak now.

Soooo you're supposed to buy something because of numbers on paper vs. something that you REALLY want?

The GTR could run 10s on dirt roads and cost $30k, doesn't mean I want one. :bored:

Tunedprt91

Established Member
I think the point was give credit where its due and overlook it being a nissan. Just like people bash nice mustangs, vettes, etc because the see GM and Ford.

Users who are viewing this thread