Road and Track. GTR vs Z06 vs 997

fastss

Fast00ss
Established Member
You're obviously a hater and can't give credit where credit is due. Put the haterade down and stop hating something just because it's not american and doesn't have a V8.

I will give credit where it is due. It is an incredible car. But I wouldn't buy it because it doesn't have a v-8. I am sorry that is what I like, so that is what I will buy.

kuruma

Established Member
I'll take a GTR. Love the car, the looks, the performance, and you have room to stuff a few friends in the back when you need to. That, and you can drive it in bad weather with out worrying.

All the cars are amazing, I can't afford any of them. But I'd take them all. All very cool cars.

Stevenbekah

Cobra bitten
Established Member
25 less hp, less torque and like a 600+ pound difference laps 5 sec faster then the Z...Am i missing something?

(i didnt read the article so dont get pissy if it explains it)....also isnt the Z on the shitty runflats? why dont they actually test one with real tires

I'll add my 2 cents on this one:
-First, the GTR is AWD...that helps big time.
-Next, outside of two of the top Ferraris out there, it's got one of the MOST impressive launch control programs ever made for a production car. Once you understand HOW to effectively use it, it's literally as simple as can get which says a LOT because launching a Z must take some serious skill.

Those two alone will attest to why it's so fast around the track...

You'll see this as well in the trap speeds of the GTR vs. the other two...it's much slower there while also hitting roughly the same 1/4 times...again, based on just how dang well that thing gets off the line.

Stevenbekah

Cobra bitten
Established Member
I think the point was give credit where its due and overlook it being a nissan. Just like people bash nice mustangs, vettes, etc because the see GM and Ford.

Agreed 10000%...and props to Vindication for posting this...dude's got a Z already and he's giving props.

Hey, let's all be honest here...the car is a beast, very unigue and highly advanced technically. And most of us here on this forum are very much into modding our rides anyway so just imagine what potential this new GTR has...I've heard that once the tuner market understands how to get into the program and up the boost this GTR may be untouchable...who knows:rolling:

Either way, I look at it this way...it's been a LONG damn time since we've had some real performance options out there. I remember back in the early 90's when the SUV craze was coming into fruition and the Twin Turbo Z, the RX7, the Mitzu 3000 GTR, the Dodge stealth RT were just about all you could get OUTSIDE of a Mustang GT or a Z28. The Vettes back then were poor, slow, cheap looking and way behind technically. All those cars went away by the mid-90's except for the Vette, the Camaro and the Mustang.

Now a days you've got a veritable boat load of cars that are in the sub 6 let alone sub 5 0-60 times.

Not to mention the new CTS-V, the new Cuda, the new Challenger, the new camaro...(I've heard rumors that new SS may have the upgraded Pontiac GT8 engine in it putting out 500HP!!!)

Good times for sure...

Now if this frickin' gas price would just get back in line...

fire

Bleeding Blue
Established Member
its without a doubt a nice car, but the z06 will always be my first pic, and if by some chance I was rich enough to buy a z06 AND got beat by a gtr.... i'd just have to make it even and twin turbo the vette :-D

Phallen

Trackday Junkie
Established Member
Refinement. Ease of drivability. Top notch awd system. The GTR is doing very well for a reason. It can make any driver look like a pro.

I do believe, if the Z06 did have stickier tires, it would have been a closer race at Buttonwillow. But, then again, you have to have a lot of training to push a light rwd car to the limits without going over board. It is NOT easy.

Calling the GTR an $80k G37 is really like calling the 04 Cobra an overpriced V6 mustang. It is no where even near the same category, in technology and equipement.

Drive both and you'll be a believer. Other than that, if I owned Vincications Vette, I would somehow bolt on F1 slicks to it. THAT would fun!

fiveo'cobra

Established Member
Stock motor runings Low 9's, Yeah ford has failed jesus, dont even get me started on that nissans trap speed in the 1/4 116 hahahaha thats a joke. the thing I Most enjoy about these test are people listen to everything they say, and buy nissan Skyline thinking they have
z06 killer haha

OMG WHO CAREEEEEEEEES what the Gt500 runs in the 1/4? Skyline's aren't 1/4 mile cars nor were they EVER in their 40 year history meant to be. Compare the GT500 in the GT-R's domain, a road course, and the 500 gets destroyed. You can build a fast car in a straight line out of junk parts at a scrap yard. Takes a bit more than that to make it handle and keep up supercars around a track.

And as far as trap speeds I don't know why you're suprised. Wouldn't you EXPECT a 5.4 supercharged V8 to trap higher than a 3.8 V6-TT? OF COURSE its going to trap faster considering they weigh about the same.

Last edited:

Tedisky

Need more Money!!!!!
Established Member
Agreed 10000%...and props to Vindication for posting this...dude's got a Z already and he's giving props.

Hey, let's all be honest here...the car is a beast, very unigue and highly advanced technically. And most of us here on this forum are very much into modding our rides anyway so just imagine what potential this new GTR has...I've heard that once the tuner market understands how to get into the program and up the boost this GTR may be untouchable...who knows:rolling:

Either way, I look at it this way...it's been a LONG damn time since we've had some real performance options out there. I remember back in the early 90's when the SUV craze was coming into fruition and the Twin Turbo Z, the RX7, the Mitzu 3000 GTR, the Dodge stealth RT were just about all you could get OUTSIDE of a Mustang GT or a Z28. The Vettes back then were poor, slow, cheap looking and way behind technically. All those cars went away by the mid-90's except for the Vette, the Camaro and the Mustang.

Now a days you've got a veritable boat load of cars that are in the sub 6 let alone sub 5 0-60 times.

Not to mention the new CTS-V, the new Cuda, the new Challenger, the new camaro...(I've heard rumors that new SS may have the upgraded Pontiac GT8 engine in it putting out 500HP!!!)

Good times for sure...

Now if this frickin' gas price would just get back in line...

+1, couldn't agree more. Well put!

kuruma

Established Member
its without a doubt a nice car, but the z06 will always be my first pic, and if by some chance I was rich enough to buy a z06 AND got beat by a gtr.... i'd just have to make it even and twin turbo the vette :-D

In your mind is a :
3.8L v6 twin turbo even playing field with a V8 7.0L twin turbo?

your missing 2 cylinders and 3.2 liters to make it even on the GTR side. The turbos are what make it "even" now. And it still isnt, the Z06 has more horsepower.

fiveo'cobra

Established Member
I don't understand why people complain and bitch when a great car comes out. You guys should be HAPPY. Cars like this is what drives innovation and technology to keep progressing in the automobile industry and as a result produces better and better vehicles.

Last edited:

Fenah

Crazy Greek Man
Established Member
Ill give props to where its due. Nissan built one hell of a car!

Personally id still take the Z06 and 911 over the GTR, but thats just me. :shrug:

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
and where are the extra 2 seats in the vette? :D

what the gt-r really shows is just how badly ford failed with the gt500

youre such an idiot. the gt500 cant be compared with the gt-r, hell it shouldnt be compared with a corvette, yet, it is, and people are paying 20 to 30k over invoice for them... if selling out of a product, while marking it up 540 percent or more is the new definition of failing, then yeah i guess they did

SVTContique

The Z06 has shittier tires.

Plus the launch control on the GTR gives it a huge advantage on the race course and in the 1/4 mile. But it wont last long, none of those paddle shifting DSG transmissions with launch control last long (see Lambo, Ferrari, etc.)

tristateZ28Lt1

Established Member
dont even get me started on that nissans trap speed in the 1/4 116 hahahaha thats a joke. the thing I Most enjoy about these test are people listen to everything they say, and buy nissan Skyline thinking they have z06 killer haha

Absolutely, the 1/4 mile time is not impressive at all. I was actually disappointed because everybody was saying that it was the greatest thing on earth and it's far from that

iczar1

Established Member
Ford has failed at just about everything it came out or coming out with. Perfect example, the Bullitt.

What about the Ford GT ... that thing is an amazing car.. though a bit more $$ =)

Im also willing to bet that the 2000 Cobra R would kill that car on a track... and that cars 8 years old now =)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread