Road and Track. GTR vs Z06 vs 997

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
i've never really heard anyone say it wasn't the real deal. but i've also never heard anyone say they would take a nissan over a porshe or z06:shrug:

the issue most people have is when its compared to the 08 viper or zr1

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
Its competition is in the 2+2 market. Since the Viper is a two seater, its not exactly in its class, but don't doubt that it wouldn't hold its own.

and where are the extra 2 seats in the vette? :D

what the gt-r really shows is just how badly ford failed with the gt500

Vashthestampede

Its not a TUMAH
Established Member
The z06 out trapped the GTR by 7.2mph thats a pretty big difference. So on the street stock for stock (which isn't really going to happen much given how mod friendly both cars are) the z06 still is king.

scn

Established Member
I have never been impressed with Road and Track. They are very inconsistant. If they did indeed push ALL the cars to their limits, kudos to the GT-R. A 5 sec. victory on that track seems a bit much, but who knows.
I am not saying the GT-R didn't lap the fastest, I just think this test just showed which car was easiest to go fast.
BTW, here is the track:http://www.buttonwillowraceway.com/

Vindication

Flossy Fast
Established Member
i've never really heard anyone say it wasn't the real deal. but i've also never heard anyone say they would take a nissan over a porshe or z06:shrug:

the issue most people have is when its compared to the 08 viper or zr1

Look up all my posts about the GTR here. I've said don't be shocked if the GTR runs past the Z06 on a road course. I'll say it right here right now don't be shocked if the 08 Viper and ZR1 are slightly slower or at the same times with the GTR. Nissan built a awesome car. Hands down. I know tons of people hate me on the Corvette Forum right now. :bash:;-):lol:

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
Look up all my posts about the GTR here. I've said don't be shocked if the GTR runs past the Z06 on a road course. I'll say it right here right now don't be shocked if the 08 Viper and ZR1 are slightly slower or at the same times with the GTR. Nissan built a awesome car. Hands down. I know tons of people hate me on the Corvette Forum right now. :bash:;-):lol:

yea, they built a great car, thats for sure. but someone needs to explain to me how a car with at least 25 less hp, a ton less tq, and over 700lbs more wieght, lapped that course almost 5 sec faster? :poke:

theres a reason i usually don't go by a "magazines test" lol

Last edited:

yoda

Boost Lee Roy
Established Member
Cliffnotes..

The z06 ran a 11.7@ 123.7 mph,0.99 skidpad,70.6 mph slalom
3.4 sec 0-60. Weighed in at 3300lbs , 505hp.Avg 2:02.2 laps at buttonwillow raceway.

The 911 turbo ran a 11.7@ 121.2mph, 0.99g skidpad, 70.4 mph slalom, 3.4sec 0-60. Weighed in at 3710 lbs,480hp. Avg 2:02.1 laps at butonwillow raceway.

The GTR ran a [email protected], 1.01g skidpad, 73.4 mph slalom, 3.4 sec 0-60,476HP.Weighed in at 3960 lbs:eek:. Avg 1:56.9 laps at buttonwillow raceway on Dunlop SP Sports. 5 secs faster per lap then the other two cars tested.

Videos here

http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid717440069/bclid716073162/bctid1460762884

http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid717440069/bclid716073162/bctid1460823999

Last edited:

AirForce Hemi

Kenne Bell FTW
Established Member

Sorry the 08 will pwn the GT-R at the track. It may be at the same level as the ZR1 but I doubt that, too.

fangstang

Established Member

You got the corvette forum part right

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
and where are the extra 2 seats in the vette? :D

what the gt-r really shows is just how badly ford failed with the gt500

Ford has failed at just about everything it came out or coming out with. Perfect example, the Bullitt.

64comet

Established Member
I'm sorry, but it is still a ****ing Nissan, so who cares. You couldn't pay me to drive any Nissan. I also will never understand all the Ford bashing on a Ford site, but some people just like to bitch. No need to respond because the chances of me even bothering to read in this thread again are pretty much 0.

Thursday

Tu ne cede malis
Established Member
Ford has failed at just about everything it came out or coming out with. Perfect example, the Bullitt.

God, why can't threads stay on topic. How long has the Bullitt been out to be a failure? Ford will have no problem selling them, no matter if they appeal to you. Oh yeah don't forget the BREAD WINNING GT-500. Ford will be just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread