RIP Glenn Fry

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
I grew up listening to The Eagles on road trips. Truly saddened by this news. RIP Glenn.

oldmodman

Established Member
RIP. “Desperado”

We have now lost two years worth of celebrities. Isn't the rule three at a time? Not seven or eight?

Last edited:

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
RIP Roach, God you were good. So sorry that you're Already Gone...

I bet you're singin' your tribute to James right now.

MI0003589288.jpg

He was only 67.

Last edited:

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
"Along came a Spyder and picked up a rider*
And took him down the road to eternity*...
You were too fast to live, too young to die, bye-bye.*"

How a band can have 2 of the best guitarist/songwriters work together is a magical thing. I was fortunate... My old neighbor was first cousins with Joe (Fiddler) Walsh. When the Eagles came to town it was amazing the access she got us. Backstage before the show (I guess it is really limited, and nearly impossible) along with lots of other swag. When I met them (Aside from Don) they were super friendly and having fun. Glenn was more laid back (looking back I assume the intestinal disease took allot out of him, so he rested more than the others) I was lucky to get a quick peek backstage and I was just in awe, and can't remember most of what I said. Except for telling Joe when he asked if I play I said "Do you count PlayStation rockband guitars? ... I've played funk #49 so many times the keys are wearing off... if "life's been good" ever comes out it's toast."
A few days later my neighbor gave me an autographed shirt and she apologised. Apparently after the show she (was a bit tipsy and) talked with Joe, telling him about me being the "greatest neighbor" and Joe being ornery suggested to Glenn that he thought it'd be a kick for them to sign my rockband guitar... she'd just have to bring it to the next nights show. Unfortunately she forgot to tell me or grab it.

Glenn was a hell of an artist. But unfortunately the brightest stars in the heavens and here on earth always burn out the fastest. But he's not hurting now, and he will live on eternally in his music. People will still hear his voice long after most of us are gone and forgotten.

Last edited:

snakedoctor

Established Member
I was 4 years old when Hotel California came out and remember that being the first song I liked when it came on the radio. We're losing too many talented musicians lately and the sad thing is that they aren't being replaced by anyone new.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
"Along came a Spyder and picked up a rider*
And took him down the road to eternity*...
You were too fast to live, too young to die, bye-bye.*"

How a band can have 2 of the best guitarist/songwriters work together is a magical thing. I was fortunate... My old neighbor was first cousins with Joe (Fiddler) Walsh. When the Eagles came to town it was amazing the access she got us. Backstage before the show (I guess it is really limited, and nearly impossible) along with lots of other swag. When I met them (Aside from Don) they were super friendly and having fun. Glenn was more laid back (looking back I assume the intestinal disease took allot out of him, so he rested more than the others) I was lucky to get a quick peek backstage and I was just in awe, and can't remember most of what I said. Except for telling Joe when he asked if I play I said "Do you count PlayStation rockband guitars? ... I've played funk #49 so many times the keys are wearing off... if "life's been good" ever comes out it's toast."
A few days later my neighbor gave me an autographed shirt and she apologised. Apparently after the show she (was a bit tipsy and) talked with Joe, telling him about me being the "greatest neighbor" and Joe being ornery suggested to Glenn that he thought it'd be a kick for them to sign my rockband guitar... she'd just have to bring it to the next nights show. Unfortunately she forgot to tell me or grab it.

Glenn was a hell of an artist. But unfortunately the brightest stars in the heavens and here on earth always burn out the fastest. But he's not hurting now, and he will live on eternally in his music. People will still hear his voice long after most of us are gone and forgotten.

A great back story. You were very fortunate, for sure.

Very sad to hear of Glenn's passing. A guitar/songwriter legend who will be greatly missed.

ssssnake

Established Member
Who, of our peers, didn't grow up listening to the Eagles? Lots of memories. Thanks Glenn for giving us a lot of happiness. You were way too young to leave us.

ssssnake

Established Member
RIP. “Desperado”

We have now lost two years worth of celebrities. Isn't the rule three at a time? Not seven or eight?

We've had nine big ones pass in the past two years. Don't know if I can take too many more.

Johnny Winter, Alvin Lee, Phil Everly, Glenn Frey, Lemmy Kilmister, David Bowie, B.B. King, Scott Wieland, Jack Bruce

Last edited:

ur bittn

By the snake
Established Member
We've had nine big ones pass in the past two years. Don't know if I can take too many more.

Johnny Winter, Alvin Lee, Phil Everly, Glenn Frey, Lemmy Kilmister, David Bowie, B.B. King, Scott Wieland, Jack Bruce

Also Natalie Cole, RIP

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
All the talented people are dying and we are left with a new crop of garbage.

I tell my wife the exact same thing but I go further and ask why "artists" like that Swift chick or any of the numerous pieces of crap don't drop dead instead of the truly talented artists like RVZ, Chapin, Mercury, etc..,

azmarkus

Established Member
RIP to a supremely talented individual, but a raging jackass of a bandmate; check out Don Felder's Heaven and Hell: My Life in the Eagles 1974-2001.

Users who are viewing this thread