returnless gt pumps stock fpdm ???

03cobrajc

Established Member
I got fuel pumps changed to 255 gt pumps thought that would be good come to find I can't tell if I have stock fpdm or modified. Is it possible to run gt pumps with stock fpdm?

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Dual GT pumps on a single stock FPDM will over load it. Cheapest way is to order a second FPDM from Tousley and a pigtail and wire it in.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Yup a modded FPDM is definitely easier but almost double the cost. If you can do some simple wiring adding a second stock FPDM is cheaper. If not plug & play with a modded unit.

fbody83

Z06 to Raped Ape
Established Member
a stock FPDM will run them until you start getting on the gas and increasing the power through it. I ran my stock one for a about week with twin GT pumps while breaking in my motor. No issues.

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
I bought a modified FPDM and it was defective so I returned it. I then bought a second FPDM in case I decide to wire the two up instead. There are some plug and play options that will minimize how much wiring you have to do. From what I've seen, these are some part #s you'll need if you go 2 FPDMs. It will be more expensive.
Dual set up part #
(1) Used FPDM XR3F-9D372-AE Retail $100 (go mine for $30)

(1) Wiring Assembly
WPT-568 3U2Z-14S411-VJA Retail $48.25

(2) Wiring Assembly
WPT-504 3U2Z-14S411-SAA

Last edited:

MalcolmV8

Established Member
When I purchased my second FPDM from Tousley it was $70 brand new. That was a few years ago, prices may have gone up.

Brutal Metal

Established Member

jblood37

Established Member
I got fuel pumps changed to 255 gt pumps thought that would be good come to find I can't tell if I have stock fpdm or modified. Is it possible to run gt pumps with stock fpdm?

Have you opened the fpdm and compared it to pics of modified units?

rudycobra

Established Member
We did open it and it appears to b stock . But the pumps are also wired with just stock wiring . Can the wires handle both pumps safely ?? On mine I have fore hat , twin fpdm only because I thought u had to have seperate pump wires

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
^These are Derek's (Black306) pieces,I have it in mine, zero issues! And the price break is SWEET!:rockon: What some guys aren't divulging about running twin fpdm's in the stock hat is that a hole has to be drilled in the top of it for the additional wires and it's a Bitch to seal it correctly.. single modded is the way to go UNLESS you have an aftermarket hat..

Yes, I use to use Derek's Modified Single FPDM ... seemed to work great!!!!! :beer: .... Zero issues!

That on-sale price is KILLER!!!!

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
I have a spare FPDM I will make you a deal on if you want to run dual FPDMs.
My preference is dual instead of a modified single.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
^These are Derek's (Black306) pieces,I have it in mine, zero issues! And the price break is SWEET!:rockon: What some guys aren't divulging about running twin fpdm's in the stock hat is that a hole has to be drilled in the top of it for the additional wires and it's a Bitch to seal it correctly.. single modded is the way to go UNLESS you have an aftermarket hat..

Good point on the hat. I just assumed aftermarket hat since he has GT pumps. Stuffing GT pumps in a stock hat with the PPRV delete is in itself a big fail and headache I won't ever do again.

For guys that do put those pumps into a stock hat can't they just wire the output of both FPDM's to the single wire that runs into the hat? I've never looked at the circuitry in the FPDM so not sure if that messes up how they work or what.

Avispa

Established Member
For guys that do put those pumps into a stock hat can't they just wire the output of both FPDM's to the single wire that runs into the hat? I've never looked at the circuitry in the FPDM so not sure if that messes up how they work or what.

No. If the two FPDM outputs are the least bit out of synchronization (and they will be because of tolerances in the electronics) tying the two pump drive outputs of dual FPDMs will really mess up the power signal to the pumps. Ford put dual FPDMs in Shelby GT 500s with one power wire per pump for a reason.

It's a nuisance to put GT pumps in a stock hat, but it's not impossible. Been running mine w/modified FPDM all this year (about 12,000 miles so far) and zero issues.

03cobrajc

Established Member
No. If the two FPDM outputs are the least bit out of synchronization (and they will be because of tolerances in the electronics) tying the two pump drive outputs of dual FPDMs will really mess up the power signal to the pumps. Ford put dual FPDMs in Shelby GT 500s with one power wire per pump for a reason.

It's a nuisance to put GT pumps in a stock hat, but it's not impossible. Been running mine w/modified FPDM all this year (about 12,000 miles so far) and zero issues.

What did you use to seal ur wires in modified stock hat?

Brutal Metal

Established Member
What did you use to seal ur wires in modified stock hat?
Guys have run the gammant trying to think up ways, I've seen threaded plastic pcv pieces screwed in the top of the hat with epoxy, you name it man, it's a hassle for sure, especially if you see a puddle of fuel under the tank in the garage, that way you know it was unsucessful:nonono:

Users who are viewing this thread