Replaced my very old K&N air filter; guess what?

coild

Established Member
Replaced my 16 year old K&N drop in and...holy shit....what a difference!! The butt dyno says at least 25 more hp, and the blower whine is WAY louder. Much more responsive and powerful. Even though I cleaned it regularly, it appears they do either wear out, not clean well as they age or what ever. But what a difference! Think I'll be replacing it every five years or so. Still a great air filter and cheaper in the long run.

robvas

Established Member
$75 every couple years is nothing. I noticed how much louder it made it putting a bigger one on!

4rd Toys

Polishing my SVTs....
Established Member
You should call K&N filter company directly....

I did regarding how my panel filter was starting to break down after cleaning & oiling all these years on my 2K4 SVTF.

The sweet lady [on the phone] was shocked that I had the original K&N filter from 2004 and was still using it in 2021/22!

She sent me a new filter, no questions asked.

Only difference is the new filter fiber element is different from my original & the rubber molding DOESN"T have "Made-in-USA" on it.

4rd Toys

Polishing my SVTs....
Established Member
I was using ACCEL "Kool-Blue" panel for a number of years before I swapped out my OEM intake assembly on my '01 SVTL with a FRAM-Boost Intake kit years ago...
I found AEM uses a similar kit and ordered an AEM Dri/Open-element Filter so that I can wash/dry between AEM & FRAM-Boost filters...

coild

Established Member
You should call K&N filter company directly....

I did regarding how my panel filter was starting to break down after cleaning & oiling all these years on my 2K4 SVTF.

The sweet lady [on the phone] was shocked that I had the original K&N filter from 2004 and was still using it in 2021/22!

She sent me a new filter, no questions asked.

Only difference is the new filter fiber element is different from my original & the rubber molding DOESN"T have "Made-in-USA" on it.
Thanks for the info, should have called them first I guess. Oh well. Live & Learn.

coild

Established Member
Thanks so much, but I'm keeping that baby until the day comes I can no longer drive. Hopefully, that will still be a long time from now. As you well know...never a dull moment when driving a Lightning. Still can't believe Ford 're-used' the name on their EV truck.

coild

Established Member
Go back and read your post. Uber? WTF? Have a nice day. Seriously, no harm, no foul. I hope you enjoy your Lightning as much as I do mine. Later, dude.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Me either! I give @coild credit for having the will-power to keep his Lightning stock (well, technically not factory stock) all these years. The feel/fun gained from a simple pulley/tune is so great and so cheap, resisting it is really, really hard.

Love the Sonic Blue paint, too! Oh, and your Lightning isn't 100% bone stock if it has an aftermarket Magnaflow catback installed.

Users who are viewing this thread