Relocating the stuff that is bolted to the side of the blower.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
The thing in the first picture I deleted by capping it off at the T fitting in the second pic. In the second pic those two selenoids I relocated to the cowl by extending the wires and vac line.

HwyKng

Street Beast...
Established Member
Id like to try this also. Can the parts under the cowl get water damage? Im suscribing now. Thanks Guys

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
I would not think so. The cowl area is much more comfortable than bolted to the hot engine. mine have been there since june, and no issues :thumbsup:

SonicTerminator

Whistle Box Equipped 4.6
Established Member
the sensors hissman relocated are all strictly emissions. the sensor with one plug and two vacum lines that got moved to the firewall is called a DPFE (delta pressure feedback exhaust) sensor. just a glorified EGR pressure sensor. and in post 20 in the bottom pic is also another emissions sensor. i cant remember the exact name of it, but i am pretty sure it has to do with controlling the DPFE. everything is strictly emissions no worries about where it goes. just make sure when you extend the wires to use the correct gauge and solder all connections. resistance needs to be low so the output of the sensors is correct to the ECM.

DaveHutch

Bullets and Cars n stuff
Established Member
^ why you pulling the motor? if you need any tips let me know.. i am geting ready to put mine back in!

forcefedcobra

Established Member
^ why you pulling the motor? if you need any tips let me know.. i am geting ready to put mine back in!

got a tick that we think is a burnt piston skirt so everything is coming out so a stroker shortblock, new heads, new fuel system, and maybe a rebuild of the irs can all be done here soon.

Voodoo Snake

Established Member
Thanks for the write up!

BTW Jeff, your Redline Tuning hood lifts are upside down...their instructions are backwards.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Considering that there are only 9 threads in the how-to section that this is located in, it does not require a sticky. LOL

laruei

Established Member
Back from the dead...

I did this and here are my pics and story..

The only weird issue i have noticed is that my car will die sometimes.. i havent reset my computer yet and i assume that would fix it but its only died coming to a stop at a light like 3 times.. so its not a huge deal yet.

OH OH OH BE CAREFUL... taking the cowl off.. broke mine in 2 spots.. it doesnt say in here that its something to be careful of.. and unless you want to buy another be SUPER careful...

Pics whoring go.. if anyone needs anymore let me know.. :beer:
PC130039.jpg

PC130040.jpg

PC130041.jpg

PC130046.jpg

PC130047.jpg

PC130051.jpg

PC130053.jpg

PC130054.jpg

PC130055.jpg

PC130056.jpg

PC130057.jpg

PC130058.jpg

PC130059.jpg

PC130060.jpg

PC130061.jpg

PC130062.jpg

PC130063.jpg

PC130064.jpg

PC130066.jpg

TRBO VNM

damn lot of work. I just removed all mine and had my tuner turn it off in the tune. no emissions testing issues or anything.

venom one

Schoolin' your kids
Established Member
"There is a hard plastic tube that runs from a port on the drivers side and attaches to a soft rubber hose mounted to the passenger side shock tower. I did away with the hard tube and used a 3/8th ID rubber vac line and reduced it to a 3/16 ID and attached it to the port that was located on the drivers side, but will soon be under the cowl. You will see what I am talking about when you start the project"

I'm pretty sure that everything is pretty straight forward.....cut stuff covering wires, make wires longer with connectors, put stuff inside cowl (does it just hang freely in there?).

The stuff quoted above is what has me confused. Any pics of what exactly you're talking about? Also, about how long should this whole procedure take? Thanks!! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread