Redeye testing in the Heat

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
Ha, well, the guy who drives and tunes the Redeye owns a nasty little Civic. Lol.
Makes like 650 at the front tire and goes like hell.

there’s no hate for anything that goes fast around our office.

slow poke

Established Member
Unless setting low ETs at the drag strip is part of what you define as part of a 'complete' car.
Plenty of GT500s can out trap our Redeye, but very few if any will beat it from point A to point B, and that matters to a lot of people ;)

As mentioned, base price on paper doesn't equate to the real world, very few people paid Redeye money for their GT500.

So people consider a car that has the lowest ETs to be the most complete car? Lmao

The GT500 is the the more complete car period

slow poke

Established Member
I do have a question, I don't belong to any other brand forums. Are there FORD guys that continually post on dodge forums? And if so, why?

I'd like to understand the mindset.

Tunedprt91

Established Member
I do have a question, I don't belong to any other brand forums. Are there FORD guys that continually post on dodge forums? And if so, why?

Yes there are ford owners who post on other sites. Things change sometimes to the point where maybe when they first joined they had a vehicle affiliated with *insert car forum* but saw another vehicle from *insert different car brand* that they wanted to try out. If you have spent a few years on your site of choice most of the time if you change vehicles that doesn't mean you'll stop posting. That's my mindset anyway.

To be technical, If most people only posted on the forums affiliated with their vehicle a bunch of folks wouldn't even be on this site including yourself. SVTperformance, and correct me if I'm wrong, it doesn't seem like you're rocking an svt vehicle:D

slow poke

Established Member
Yes there are ford owners who post on other sites. Things change sometimes to the point where maybe when they first joined they had a vehicle affiliated with *insert car forum* but saw another vehicle from *insert different car brand* that they wanted to try out. If you have spent a few years on your site of choice most of the time if you change vehicles that doesn't mean you'll stop posting. That's my mindset anyway.

To be technical, If most people only posted on the forums affiliated with their vehicle a bunch of folks wouldn't even be on this site including yourself. SVTperformance, and correct me if I'm wrong, it doesn't seem like you're rocking an svt vehicle:D

There is an active sub forum on here for 2011 - 2014 mustangs though.

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
So people consider a car that has the lowest ETs to be the most complete car? Lmao

The GT500 is the the more complete car period
You’ve taken what I said out of context.

I said if someone considers low ETs to be part of their idea of a complete car, then there are other options.

Your factual statement is in fact, an opinion. It’s a great car but for the money I’ll take the Redeye. No corner carving in my 3 mile commute...

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I feel like this is gonna turn into another 'all 10 speed GTs trap 121' discussion, but...really? Why isn't everyone running low 9s in their $32K GT with $8K in mods?

Not a bunch of stock bottom end cars with 25 psi on borrowed time that went down the track once, legit daily drivable low/mid 9 second setups?

Fair enough.. the wild card is motor strength at 900whp. Mine popped around 950.

I can tell you when my built motor goes in I'll have bottom 9/high 8 sec capability with 160+mph traps all for under $11k invested including the built motor.

I do all my own wrenching so there is no labor cost in that $11k, just parts. Turbo kit and fuel system was about $5500, the built motor is going to cost me around $5000.

If you are a garage DIY guy, there is simply no cheaper way to go fast in a new car than the Mustang GT.

Take the motor build out of it and keep the boost down and youll have a car that lives a long life at 800hp or so trapping over 140 for under $6k.

You need 25psi to go lows 9s in a coyote??

lol.. the dodge guys think so. I went 147 mph on 11 psi.

Last edited:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Fair enough.. the wild card is motor strength at 900whp. Mine popped around 950.

I can tell you when my built motor goes in I'll have bottom 9/high 8 sec capability with 160+mph traps all for under $11k invested including the built motor.

I do all my own wrenching so there is no labor cost in that $11k, just parts. Turbo kit and fuel system was about $5500, the built motor is going to cost me around $5000.

If you are a garage DIY guy, there is simply no cheaper way to go fast in a new car than the Mustang GT.

Take the motor build out of it and keep the boost down and youll have a car that lives a long life at 800hp or so trapping over 140 for under $6k.

lol.. the dodge guys think so. I went 147 mph on 11 psi.

Thats pretty damn cheap, 11k for everything needed in parts. Do you have a build thread going on?

csc427

Established Member

Some people also have numerous car brands in the garage. There are so many great cars from various manufacturers right now. You’re missing out if you truly only stick to one brand. I’m a member on numerous forums. Most of which are open to other brands and not quite so homer based...

slow poke

Established Member
You’ve taken what I said out of context.

I said if someone considers low ETs to be part of their idea of a complete car, then there are other options.

Your factual statement is in fact, an opinion. It’s a great car but for the money I’ll take the Redeye. No corner carving in my 3 mile commute...

Heavily biased opinion, you own one. One car is objectively better overall than the other. A ZL1 1le is also a better car.

csc427

Established Member
Heavily biased opinion, you own one. One car is objectively better overall than the other. A ZL1 1le is also a better car.
Better? That’s subjective. Just because you and I like the mustang better, that doesn’t mean it’s the far superior car. The red eye offers things the mustang can’t and I appreciate that. Different, and better in my opinion, exhaust note. Pushrod motor. I love the way it looks. No denying the interior is far roomier and allows for comfortable transport of passengers or children in the back. Much much better resale value. There’s a lot that goes into deciding on a car other than its x brand, that’s what I get.

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
I drive a Scat Pack. I'm also not making statements that sound factual like 'a ZL1 1LE is a better car'....lol.
Better if you are less than 6' tall and never want to use the back seat? Better if you want to get dragged by Hellcats and GT500s on the street?
Or, better in a specific environment of a closed course race track? Yeah, that's a very small part of what 99% of anyone does with any car...but if thats what makes it BETTER for YOU, then that's your opinion, not fact.

All this said, my lease is up this week and I have cross shopped cars like nobody's business. I have been looking at C7 Grand Sports, Hellcats, and some Mustangs. Even looked at some BMW and Audi stuff. My latest discussion is happening with a guy at Tesla (doh). Bottom line I want something faster than I am in now, that I can somewhat afford a monthly payment on. Brand matters not. Fast does. I don't expect anyone to want the same list of cars that I do, and I understand and respect that everyone has a different means of obtaining their 'fast fix'.
My only issue with Mustangs is they are everywhere. Every intersection I pull up to I see at least one. Several of my buddies drive them. There's 3 of them in the parking lot here at work. Its the most affordable option i am looking at, and a coworker just got a 20 GT for 0 down, 0% and claims they never even ran his credit, so its like they are giving them away. But, if it makes the most sense, I'll be driving one and will be seeking the cheapest way to make it faster :)

Just to put it out there, last month I found a local brand new 19 Redeye in Orlando for $64K. Thats a hell of a lot of car and potential for that kind of cash...

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
Mike, you make good since with your commits. I will own a Redeye someday just not right now. I bought a 17 CTSV last year and so I will have to wait for a while. Probably be selling my 03 vert for some kind of convertible next as I'm getting older and don't want to shift gears in heavy traffic anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread