Redeye testing in the Heat

slow poke

Established Member
Don't think any of these cars are meant to post a good track time. This ancient boat anchor weighs 4500lbs. Press on 5 dollar flares and slightly wider tires aren't going to turn this thing into a track beast.

How fast does 8 or 9k make you go in a 2020 auto GT?

slow poke

Established Member
This is a ford site, so some of you should understand why some people on here don't give a **** about these cars.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
This is a ford site, so some of you should understand why some people on here don't give a **** about these cars.

been on this site for over 15 years, and owned several svt products. so I get it, tons of Ford homers here. You miss out on some amazing cars if you limit yourself to fords.

Don’t see a ton of 9.3 second mustangs here with less than $10k in mods that aren’t on serious borrowed time.

72SBC

Established Member
Haters gonna hate. 4500lb car that goes low 9’s and traps 140’s with simple bolt ons. What world do we live in when that isn’t impressive?

HoW DoEs It HaNdlE?
ITs NoT $5k iN bOlTonS, iTs $9k

news flash, if the difference between $5k and $9k in mods means anything to you, then you need to step back to the children’s table. Definitely miss my charger hellcat.

Don’t make it seem like it’s less money than it really is and you wouldn’t get called out.

People that know better, know better.

slow poke

Established Member
been on this site for over 15 years, and owned several svt products. so I get it, tons of Ford homers here. You miss out on some amazing cars if you limit yourself to fords.

Don’t see a ton of 9.3 second mustangs here with less than $10k in mods that aren’t on serious borrowed time.

See I don't view it that way. Ford and Chevy keep advancing and Fiat puts out the same car with more power. It's lazy, adding power is so easy now to all platforms. Making a lighter, stiffer, and better handling chassis is way harder.

9.3 with 10k on top of a what 70k car?

My uncle has a 2018 392. The thing is stupid large, feels like a boat driving it.

The criticism against the car has solid basis

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
See I don't view it that way. Ford and Chevy keep advancing and Fiat puts out the same car with more power. It's lazy, adding power is so easy now to all platforms. Making a lighter, stiffer, and better handling chassis is way harder.

9.3 with 10k on top of a what 70k car?

My uncle has a 2018 392. The thing is stupid large, feels like a boat driving it.

The criticism against the car has solid basis

Drives nice to me, ive driven a couple. But also depends what you want. For a DD the Charger scat pack is a nice setup.

slow poke

Established Member
The 2020 gt500 has a similar base price to a redeye. The GT500 is light years ahead of it as a complete car.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
The 2020 gt500 has a similar base price to a redeye. The GT500 is light years ahead of it as a complete car.

In the real world you get a much better deal on the Red eye than the Gt500. But i agree the GT500 is a much better car over all. I would much rather have that. But not at 90-100k which is the real world price OTD for those cars.

slow poke

Established Member
In the real world you get a much better deal on the Red eye than the Gt500. But i agree the GT500 is a much better car over all. I would much rather have that. But not at 90-100k which is the real world price OTD for those cars.

I agree with that at the 90 to 100k price things change

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
Unless setting low ETs at the drag strip is part of what you define as part of a 'complete' car.
Plenty of GT500s can out trap our Redeye, but very few if any will beat it from point A to point B, and that matters to a lot of people ;)

As mentioned, base price on paper doesn't equate to the real world, very few people paid Redeye money for their GT500.

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
Alex, what is a 2020 $32k mustang GT?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
I feel like this is gonna turn into another 'all 10 speed GTs trap 121' discussion, but...really? Why isn't everyone running low 9s in their $32K GT with $8K in mods?

Not a bunch of stock bottom end cars with 25 psi on borrowed time that went down the track once, legit daily drivable low/mid 9 second setups?

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
You need 25psi to go lows 9s in a coyote??
Was in jest, as I suspect a power adder and all supporting mods to safely make power for a mid 9 second Coyote will require a good chunk of change.

Since you seem to fit the bill as a mid 9 second Coyote, can you share an approximate number of dollars invested to get you there?
I'll assume the 10 speed doesn't need the converter, so you can leave that cost out. Guessing the Procharger (or any good power adder) eats up 90% of the imaginary $8K budget we are working with here.

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
I might be wrong but it seems to me that if you want to compare cars vrs dollars you should consider the cost of the car with the mod price to get a total cost comparison.
Mustang GT $$$ mods $$$ = x vrs Redeye $$$ mods $$$= x
The truth is I love the fact that we are talking about street cars that are running in the mid 9s and you can drive them anywhere with AC heat and even cruise control. I don't care what brand it is I love where we are right now.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I might be wrong but it seems to me that if you want to compare cars vrs dollars you should consider the cost of the car with the mod price to get a total cost comparison.
Mustang GT $$$ mods $$$ = x vrs Redeye $$$ mods $$$= x
The truth is I love the fact that we are talking about street cars that are running in the mid 9s and you can drive them anywhere with AC heat and even cruise control. I don't care what brand it is I love where we are right now.
BINGO!!!
My man,..............

In before "but honda civic....."
HA HAAAAAAAAAA
1469930_358306407687042_8645654102075959290_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread