Red Haartz top pics

TheDoughboy

Established Member
I am going to need a new top before winter hits. I am thinking about a red Haartz cloth one for my laser red. I am looking for more pics of the car below or pics of yours if you have a red/burgundy top.

Anyone got pics for me? :rolling:

red%20top_zpstgvzdmen.jpg

richstang

Established Member
It's hard to see in this dark night photo. I think I like it. I remember BMW 3 series in the late 80's early nineties with matching color canvas tops. My neighbor was an Eagles rookie and bought one in dark green with a green canvas top. I didn't like that color combo. Try searching ebay for the BMW's to see if any have similar red color tops. We just don't see canvass tops on many pre '05 Mustang's.

I put a black canvass top on my '88 LX and love it. It definitely an upgrade over the vinyl.

IA-SteveB

Established Member
I'm not a convertible fan but I have to admit that the red canvas looks nice with laser red paint.

Snagmaster

Established Member
Yeah it looks nice, I'm thinking of a red top for my black 98 vert, now if I could only find a full red interior, but mines mint so the cost would be spent better elsewhere.

Does anyone know where to get a haartz red top?, I've dug around the net with no luck so far.

Snagmaster

Established Member
I just checked Haartz website and they don't list a top for a 98, earliest they list is a 2002 in black or parchment.

I know somebody makes one?

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
I can tell you that the Haartz Stayfast Canvas Top is a great upgrade from the vinyl crap. I wanted the cloth like the 03-04 Cobra and a few buddies talked me out of it in favor of the Haartz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheDoughboy

Established Member
That top looks great in THAT pic, but I have a suspicion that I may not like it in daylight.

Exactly, that is why I am on the hunt for more pics. Hopefully 1 or 2 during the day time. Does anyone know the owner of this Cobra? I have tried the search function here and using Google images for more pics, but
no luck :nono:

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
The frustrating thing about this is the owner of that car is/was a fairly active member here quite a few years ago but for the life of me I can't remember their screen-name. I've seen pictures of the top in the daylight and it didn't look that bad. The car eventually got a two tone red and silver paint job if that could help you track it down.

-edit-

A little clever google searching got me some results. The owner is still an active member here. His screename is rdsnk46. Found more pictures, including some with the top in daylight.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...46-photoshoot-96-cobra-with-03-04-cobra-motor

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?919716-Rdsnk46-goes-9-94-141-76&highlight=

http://www.mustangandfords.com/featured-vehicles/mmfp-0805-1996-mustang-cobra-convertible/

lrgDSC_11302.jpg

Last edited:

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
The frustrating thing about this is the owner of that car is/was a fairly active member here quite a few years ago but for the life of me I can't remember their screen-name. I've seen pictures of the top in the daylight and it didn't look that bad. The car eventually got a two tone red and silver paint job if that could help you track it down.

I remember seeing that car. I cannot think of where. I know it was on a site and had a few pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nomoretickets

Established Member
That top looks great in THAT pic, but I have a suspicion that I may not like it in daylight.

That is how I feel too. I would worry that it could end up looking real 80's tacky, i.e. those green on green BMW's, the ice ice baby fox body, etc.

Im not a huge convertible guy, but IMHO you can never go wrong matching the top to your interior color.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
^^^ I agree on both counts. I'm really up in the air with a red/maroon top. I mean, it's going to have to be a perfect rendition of red/maroon to not look tacky. I'd much rather match to the interior, like you said. JMO.

TheDoughboy

Established Member
^^^ I agree on both counts. I'm really up in the air with a red/maroon top. I mean, it's going to have to be a perfect rendition of red/maroon to not look tacky. I'd much rather match to the interior, like you said. JMO.

I agree my saddle top matches the interior well and looks good. I see SN95's all day long, rarely do I see a SN Cob Cobra let alone a convert. I see more New Edge Cobras than SN ones. I'm thinking a color matched top on my SN would be even more unique and match we;;

But, the shade of red/burgundy would have to be the Right one to look good. I need to get some samples before deciding. Hopefully some day time pics of the above car in all laser red as well.

TheDoughboy

Established Member
With the search function working again I still could not find and pic of a red top. Still hoping someone might come through with a couple. I'll be getting a cloth top for sure before thanksgiving. I'd sure like to see an actual red one vs the little red fabric swatch the top shop has.

Users who are viewing this thread