Recommendations

mrose75

Established Member
I'm swapping out my stock Eaton with a Stage V ported Steggy(yeah, I know) and I was curious what else I should do while I'm in there. I was thinking powercoat the valve covers, but I'm sure there are more practical things I could do with my time/money. What are your recommendations? Thanks.

mrose75

Established Member
I got injectors... Head cooling mod. Yes. Need to look into that one. Thanks.

SmokenGRA03

SmokEater "LIVE STRONG"
Established Member
Get the one from Lethal Performance. Dont get the one that hooks up at the back of the head. It blows the heater core in your car. The valve covers are a pita (Driver side) to take off. Not worth it. Get a smaller pulley and a bigger HE and HE tank...

gabe1530

Banned
Get the one from Lethal Performance. Dont get the one that hooks up at the back of the head. It blows the heater core in your car. The valve covers are a pita (Driver side) to take off. Not worth it. Get a smaller pulley and a bigger HE and HE tank...

So the LDC cooling mod or the ones that your describing blow the heater cores. Interesting, Do you have any first hand experience or can you link a thread to where this has happened?

cbr repsol

Established Member

Ive never heard of this either.

mrose75

Established Member
I have the BAP, MAF, injectors, and new plugs. I'm just curious if there is something else I should do since I have it open? Head cooling. I could do valve covers since it's apart. Anything else I could do so I don't have to take it apart again in the future? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

mrose75

Established Member
Replace intercooler bolts? With new ones I'm assuming? Got those as well as new gaskets.

T800

Established Member
A new clutch could be a good idea, but be careful. I got so pissed off with my new setup after install. Fidanza Alum FW, Spec clutch, FR TB, Lethal sleeve, 26sp input shaft...car felt like I bolted a boat anchor the flywheel. Pulled it all apart, checked my install, retorqued, tried every trick I could find online.

Called Spec and Fidanza both of them acted like I was insane for questioning the balance of their products. All the car really needed was a new TB...I figured I would "upgrade" and get the hi-zoot stuff. After discovering my issue, I did some research and found this to be a somewhat common issue...more than I would have guessed anyway.

This was soon after my rear diff cover grenaded with the BF IRS brace on it. Between the rearend and Transmission/clutch, I had about $2k in new parts in the car and it performed like sh*t. Was so disgusted, I said screw it and sold the car.

My lesson learned from this was to search for negative issues to potential mods...not just the benefits. I would have probably just put the new throwout bearing in and still be having a blast with the car.

Good luck buddy, I know you'll come out on top. If you need help installing that port shoot me a text.

mrose75

Established Member
A new clutch could be a good idea, but be careful. I got so pissed off with my new setup after install. Fidanza Alum FW, Spec clutch, FR TB, Lethal sleeve, 26sp input shaft...car felt like I bolted a boat anchor the flywheel. Pulled it all apart, checked my install, retorqued, tried every trick I could find online.

Called Spec and Fidanza both of them acted like I was insane for questioning the balance of their products. All the car really needed was a new TB...I figured I would "upgrade" and get the hi-zoot stuff. After discovering my issue, I did some research and found this to be a somewhat common issue...more than I would have guessed anyway.

This was soon after my rear diff cover grenaded with the BF IRS brace on it. Between the rearend and Transmission/clutch, I had about $2k in new parts in the car and it performed like sh*t. Was so disgusted, I said screw it and sold the car.

My lesson learned from this was to search for negative issues to potential mods...not just the benefits. I would have probably just put the new throwout bearing in and still be having a blast with the car.

Good luck buddy, I know you'll come out on top. If you need help installing that port shoot me a text.

:eek: What? Say it ain't so!!! Sorry to hear that, Shane. Are you planning on getting back in one in the future?

Yeah, take that plate off the bottom of the stage 5 blower.:nonono::dw:

I know. I called Steggy and talked to one of the guys about it a while back. Have there been anymore cases of the play exploding into the engine? Mine is post thin plate, but I think the issue was the weld IIRC.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
:eek: What? Say it ain't so!!! Sorry to hear that, Shane. Are you planning on getting back in one in the future?

I know. I called Steggy and talked to one of the guys about it a while back. Have there been anymore cases of the play exploding into the engine? Mine is post thin plate, but I think the issue was the weld IIRC.

The thicker plate versions are supposedly "fixed".

However being that keeping an eye on it involves removing the blower, I would not be able to sleep at night wondering if any cracks had developed.

mrose75

Established Member
The thicker plate versions are supposedly "fixed".

However being that keeping an eye on it involves removing the blower, I would not be able to sleep at night wondering if any cracks had developed.

Yeah, I know what you mean. You figure we'd have heard more on the issue by now tho.

Users who are viewing this thread