Rechargeable AA Batteries

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Awhile back Sid or Tob posted a thread about decent rechargeable AA Batteries.

With my kids and their professional ability to run through a set of batteries for no reason, I figured I’d ask if anyone has used them consistently.

Our place consists mostly of gaming controllers, RC car controllers, and flashlights (A, not E).

Bullitt1448

Established Member
I have been using Energizer rechargeables for about 10 years, used to use them pretty much on a daily basis at work in a AA Flashlight, I had 2 sets, on on charge and one in the flashlight. Worked well for me, a set would last a couple years before needing to be replaced.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I've tried rechargeables multiple times (never heard of the Panasonic Eneloop Pro) so I buy a big 40-pack of Duracells at Costco for around $20.00 and I'm good for a few years. I've got too many cord/cables for various devices as it is. I'm all about keeping it simple whenever I can.

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
Rechargeable batteries don't last long. I've tried a bunch through 4 kids, and none were any good.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I've tried rechargeables multiple times (never heard of the Panasonic Eneloop Pro) so I buy a big 40-pack of Duracells at Costco for around $20.00 and I'm good for a few years. I've got too many cord/cables for various devices as it is. I'm all about keeping it simple whenever I can.
I buy the big pack of the Amazon brand, no issues and great ratings. I buy a little small pack of the AAA's.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I was at IKEA a while back with my wife and I saw they had a 10 pack and the price was cheap enough to give it a shot.

They have been pretty damn good, especially for the price.

My old room mate has a ton of rechargeable batteries and has a charger that measures milliamp hours on them. The IKEAs seemed to wipe the floor with everything we had that wasn't a duracell or enegerizer, they were competitive with them but way cheaper.

This solves nothing if you don't have an ikea by you or if you have zero intention of going to one. If your wife is headed there tell her to grab a couple packs. I want to say it was like $4 for 10, but that was back before Biden so who knows now.

bglf83

Established Member
Panasonic Eneloop Pro is what you want.

I have a mix of Eneloop Pros and IKEA LADA. The capacity for mine were the same but I think the new pros might be a little higher.

There are two capacity LADA so make sure you get the higher capacity offering. The LADAs are like $7 for 4.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I have the Energizer one's and Eneloop, they both work great and last fairly long. I also have the fast energizer charger, must have for quick charges.

The amazon and best buy generic batteries are crap IMO, they loose charge pretty fast.

Users who are viewing this thread