Rebuilding The Terminated Cobra1FAFP48Y43F309694

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
I have considered that but for some reason, people want to have a lot more than just the aprons and stuff, they want the entire front clip from about halfway behind down the door forward. I wish I could find someone who would be interested in teaching me how to do it properly. Just giving it to a shop handing them money and having it come back finished kind of defeats the purpose. The project has a message behind it. the reason I am willing to do this is that I want to rebuild the car to show the world that people with autism and learning differences can do great things. People stereotype people with autism more than you would think. That's the first half, the second was that it's a tribute to my uncle who was a Mustang enthusiast. He had a 99 Cobra. He passed away in 2017. I am not gonna just give up.
Why not build a '99 Cobra instead? Build it like your uncle's or the way he said he would like it to be. It will be cheaper than an '03-'04 Cobra.

Hopefully, you will have a dramatic shift in income sooner than later. Having a $12.00/ hr wage will be difficult to live on, let alone simultaneously undertaking a car restoration that is basically a body-in-white; and one that's severely damaged to boot.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I’m just going to throw this name out there……. “Revvv”.

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

latamud

Gearhead
Established Member
Pics of model custom viper?

My 2008, the one in Kuwait, I commissioned the scale model of.
inbound4102621283637023915.jpg

Was this car at one time in Huber Heights, Oh?

Do I know you? I had the cobra in my driveway in Huber 2010-2012, then moved to Tampa and basically contractor deployed for 10 years. I still have both the 66 coupe projects and the 65 Barracuda.

Terminated_cobra_03

Established Member
View attachment 1747710

Do I know you? I had the cobra in my driveway in Huber 2010-2012, then moved to Tampa and basically contractor deployed for 10 years. I still have both the 66 coupe projects and the 65 Barracuda.
you can take the 03 cobra off your profile.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I really hope this is all a joke
Right, kind of makes sense if you know what I mean.
I don’t think most of the people responding to this thread are being malicious, at all. I see a lot of advice from older and wiser folk who are trying to pass on their own experiences to a youthful person. Based off the information op has provided about himself, people are giving their “fatherly” advice to try and help protect op from really getting into a worse situation.
Ultimately, he is his own man and can do what he wants, but from the 30,000 foot view I am looking down from, most of the advice provided to the op has been sound.
Agreed.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
View attachment 1747710

I used to walk the neighborhood and saw it I lived in Larcomb at the time. Weren’t you on stangbangerz at one time? Screen name seems familiar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terminated_cobra_03

Established Member
Well its been seen around a few times during its travels by members of the forum. As well i got the service history of the car. It was in and out for warranty purposes a few times.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1651756450018.jpg
    FB_IMG_1651756450018.jpg
    317.7 KB · Views: 82

Venom351R

Established Member
Just read through all this and just wanted to throw in my .02 for advise as far as saving a few dollery doo's

You mentioned that high end traction control system and why the whole wiring harness was going to be an 8K project but was also asking about the stock blower and the tune regarding it either being pullied or ported ( cant remember which)

My point being that in your long term plans if you just want to keep the stock eaton on it ( regardless of a smaller pulley or being ported ) you don't need that amount of an advanced traction control system. I'm saying this because in the end if done your going to have all that advanced tech stuff wrapped up into a salvaged title Cobra.
I would suggest fully rebuilding the IRS with all new / upgraded components. This will give you a very well handling car that will keep the power to the ground that you would have with a stock blower car. The IRS can be quite impressive in these cars when built correctly. Factory they are ok and with age they can suck but when redone they can be quite nice. I would go this route if sticking with the power level of the stock eaton because you will be able to keep the power down and a much bigger savings cost then spending 8K on that advanced set up. Not a bad idea to do that to a car but I think this is the wrong one to try it in considering its rebuild title status. Getting the car running / driving and selling it as a salvage title someday is one thing, but having all that money wrapped up into it with a salvage title is a huge loss.

Last edited:

Terminated_cobra_03

Established Member
Not only that, but his $8k traction control is going to be outdated by the time the car is done.
it's more then just traction control. It's a full harness for everything, windows, lights, engine management EGTs AFR. I am looking at all my options as of right this moment I am more focused on saving up for the frame repair. When it comes to rods and internals, get used Cobra rods or get some new modern rods? thinking Wiseco boost line. I am still pricing things out.

Users who are viewing this thread