Reason #8452 why I hate people. Merry $^#I$% Christmas...

robraySVT

Established Member
Why are people such ****ing assholes?

My mom ordered some Christmas presents for my daughter. By accident, she used an old address of mine in her address book since she hadn't purchased from this store for awhile. As a result, the packages got delivered to my old address.

This old address happens to be no more than about 2 miles from where I currently live. So, I drive over there today, knock on the door, explain the situation, and ask them if they've recently received any packages addressed to other people. Keep in mind, there's tracking information showing it was delivered last Friday, and left on the porch.

This old bitch goes back in the house to "ask her husband", comes back out and says "no, we haven't received anything". I said, "you want to check again? I have tracking information". She says "no", and slams the door in my face.

So now, my daughter likely won't get her presents in time for Christmas, and my mom has to pay for the shit twice. Yeah, I get it was my mom's mistake. But if people weren't such goddamn assholes, there wouldn't be an issue here.

Merry ****ing Christmas.

/rant off
I would have to take a nail studded bat to someone and tell them please check again. Wrong answer, asshole!

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Last week my wife and I mailed out our Christmas cards along with my Mother's birthday card. My folks got the Christmas card at the end of last week, but still No Birthday card.

How the hell does USPS have two cards going to the same address and only one is delivered?

I do not trust any of the delivery services, they all suck donkey balls.
Sweaty donkey balls.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Equalbracket

Established Member
Unless it required a signature, and doesn't sound like it did as it was left on the porch I doubt anything can be done. Instead of having her pay two times for the gifts, find out what they were and and PM me.

CV355

_
Established Member
In retaliation for allegedly stolen presents, the SVT answer is committing multiple felonies. Dang.

Hey, that's why I suggested an inflatable life vest for the cricket bomb. Otherwise the ATF shows up and shoots your dog.

I guess the more passive-aggressive approach would be to mail them a box with your name on it, but this time it's just filled with rocks and a letter that says "I know what you did."

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
If someone knocked on my door and did what the OP did, I would have been compassionate and asked questions about when it was delivered. I would be concerned...because I am a human being. The reaction of the old woman tells me that she is full of shit, or at the very least, a cockroach who doesn't care about others. It's best to just move on or talk to law enforcement. No need to do something stupid. She isn't worth it.

Tx5811

Veni, vidi, vici
Established Member
Have your mom order something else. Something cheap. And have it delivered to the same place. And then record what happens next.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Why are people such ****ing assholes?

My mom ordered some Christmas presents for my daughter. By accident, she used an old address of mine in her address book since she hadn't purchased from this store for awhile. As a result, the packages got delivered to my old address.

This old address happens to be no more than about 2 miles from where I currently live. So, I drive over there today, knock on the door, explain the situation, and ask them if they've recently received any packages addressed to other people. Keep in mind, there's tracking information showing it was delivered last Friday, and left on the porch.

This old bitch goes back in the house to "ask her husband", comes back out and says "no, we haven't received anything". I said, "you want to check again? I have tracking information". She says "no", and slams the door in my face.

So now, my daughter likely won't get her presents in time for Christmas, and my mom has to pay for the shit twice. Yeah, I get it was my mom's mistake. But if people weren't such goddamn assholes, there wouldn't be an issue here.

Merry ****ing Christmas.

/rant off

It's Christmas season and packages get stolen all the time. If the package was left on the porch, what's to say someone didn't come along and steal it off their porch?

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
It's Christmas season and packages get stolen all the time. If the package was left on the porch, what's to say someone didn't come along and steal it off their porch?
Been a big issue just south of me in Ft. Myers this year. I'm sure it happens here, but not enough to make the local news.

Coiled03

Established Member

I live in a town where people leave their doors unlocked during the day. The odds of that happening are essentially zero. Even if it did happen, I don't care. The attitude the lady gave me when I asked the question is inexcusable. She's still an asshole whether she stole my package or not.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
I live in a town where people leave their doors unlocked during the day. The odds of that happening are essentially zero. Even if it did happen, I don't care.

The description you gave makes me believe it is the perfect area for stealing packages since no one expects it nor is guarded.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I live in a town where people leave their doors unlocked during the day. The odds of that happening are essentially zero. Even if it did happen, I don't care. The attitude the lady gave me when I asked the question is inexcusable. She's still an asshole whether she stole my package or not.

While I can understand your frustration, something tells me you would react the exact same way if the rolls were reversed.

Old owner: Hello. I have tracking data that says you received a package that was meant for me. Do you by chance have it?

Coiled03: Let me check. ... No.

Old owner: I don't believe you. Go check again.

Coiled03: **** off, asshole!

ur bittn

By the snake
Established Member
While I can understand your frustration, something tells me you would react the exact same way if the rolls were reversed.

Old owner: Hello. I have tracking data that says you received a package that was meant for me. Do you by chance have it?

Huge eye roll

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
It's possible, but there is just enough ambiguity in this to create doubt. That's how people can get away with stuff like this.
I guess it comes down to if you have faith in humanity or not

Coiled03

Established Member

So, you're accusing me of having no integrity?

Stay classy, bro.

I'd do no such thing.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
So, you're accusing me of having no integrity?

Stay classy, bro.

I'd do no such thing.

From what I gather he thinks you would be frustrated and annoyed if someone approached you in an offensive manner. Your integrity is not being questioned.

Sent from my iPad using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread