Rear shock tower brace questions???

greengt88

Established Member
had mine installed awhile back in my convertible from HANS....made a noticeable difference in rearend stiffness. Also helped with wheel hop and cornering stability. Gave it that riding on rails feeling, nice complement to my billetflow irs braces and mm flsfc's. def. worth the money, didn't loose any trunk space and top goes all the way down fine.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
had mine installed awhile back in my convertible from HANS....made a noticeable difference in rearend stiffness. Also helped with wheel hop and cornering stability. Gave it that riding on rails feeling, nice complement to my billetflow irs braces and mm flsfc's. def. worth the money, didn't loose any trunk space and top goes all the way down fine.

Any pics? I've been holding off on my install due to trunk space.

greengt88

Established Member
I actually have everything out right now since i installed my BAP. i need to put it back in so i can snap some shots...i never trimmed the top center panel, so i'll do that then. Doing FTBR kit install friday, I should probably take pics of that as well.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I actually have everything out right now since i installed my BAP. i need to put it back in so i can snap some shots...i never trimmed the top center panel, so i'll do that then. Doing FTBR kit install friday, I should probably take pics of that as well.

Any updates?

black 10th vert

Established Member

Trimming those panels is a real bitch to get just right. For me it was definitely the hardest part of the whole job! The center panel (depending on how you did the install) only needs to be trimmed slightly in a couple of places. In my case, I relocated the amps, because they wouldn't fit back in correctly with the factory studs because they hit the bar. It wasn't a big deal, though.

greengt88

Established Member
amps fit fine, top has clearance, i need to trim the bottom off the heavy center panel....i put everything in last night night to check fitment....now i need to move the BAP so the left side panel fits back in.....so out it comes...again. maybe this weekend i'll get free time to do the trimming. i guess i need to make a bracket to hold the bap. i mounted that adjacent to the fuel cutoff switch, gonna move it over next to fpdm via bracket, then all panels should line back up. i'll make sure i do it during the day so i can get pics this time though

Users who are viewing this thread