Rear shock tower brace questions???

black 10th vert

Established Member
I have the Hans Racecraft version, and it is a very stout piece! It has a single 2" diameter tube between the towers, and plates that connect down the sides, that connect to plates welded into the floor. Also welded in the BF plates on the IRS rear mounts to, while I was at it too.

greengt88

Established Member
steeda told me theirs wouldn't work on a convertible, any installed height measurments and how much room is there with the top down??

black 10th vert

Established Member
steeda told me theirs wouldn't work on a convertible, any installed height measurments and how much room is there with the top down??

I can tell you for sure that the Hans works perfectly on the vert with plenty of clearance.

black 10th vert

Established Member
Do you have any Pictures of the brace installed?

not yet, but I can try to take some. I actually just finished cutting the panels to fit back in a couple of days ago. It was kind of a bitch fitting the panels back in, but it looks pretty decent, and the bar looks almost like it belongs there. No clearance issues at all with the convertible top, or the well because it is very low profile.

greengt88

Established Member
i followed the link and posted in the HANS GB that i was ready to buy the RSTB hopefully someone will answer me.... if not i think i like either the CHE or KB...like to see some installed pics with and without side carpet installed before i buy...I have the Billetflow Plates welded in already as well...they helped like crazy with the wheelhop, more than anything else so far. Can't see how the RSTB couldn't help with that in a vert.

black 10th vert

Established Member
I also welded in the BF plates "while I was in there". Unfortunately, I don't think I have any pics of it without the panels. I just put them back in a few days ago, and it was a real pain the a$$, because they had to be cut to fit around the new bar. I will check my pics, and see if I had taken any, though.

beabout

Established Member
The KB brace works. Tightened up the overall car when used with MM front brace and full length sub-frame connectors. To install the KB rear brace you will have to rotate the rear audio amps slightly to clear.

greengt88

Established Member
Still holding for install pics in verts...kinda looking for something that just installs with minimal mods other than cutting the carpet....ready to buy come on guys!! Haven't seen pics of the HANS brace yet either....

greengt88

Established Member
HOW WOULD I GO ABOUT ROTATING THE AMPS WITH THE KB BAR…? Maybe I should put the top down and do some measuring back there, might have to make my own bar

black 10th vert

Established Member
HOW WOULD I GO ABOUT ROTATING THE AMPS WITH THE KB BAR…? Maybe I should put the top down and do some measuring back there, might have to make my own bar

I had to unbolt my amps and just relocate them slightly to clear the Hans bar, which is huge! If you remove your rear seats, it is a piece of cake to set everything up correctly, and there is a ton of clearance for the amps anyway, so no issues with relocating them. I will see if I can remember to get a shot of the bar on mine. I keep forgetting about it, until I see these threads!:bash:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I had to unbolt my amps and just relocate them slightly to clear the Hans bar, which is huge! If you remove your rear seats, it is a piece of cake to set everything up correctly, and there is a ton of clearance for the amps anyway, so no issues with relocating them. I will see if I can remember to get a shot of the bar on mine. I keep forgetting about it, until I see these threads!:bash:

:beer:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member

:rolling:

black 10th vert

Established Member
here is a quick picture of my Hans rear bar installed. Sorry, I forgot to take pics of it before the panels went back on.

013-2.jpg

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
I'll put pics of my che brace up tonight if I don't forget :beer: <---- the reason I may forget :-D

black 10th vert

Established Member
Damn that thing is MEATY. :rockon:

What did you have to do to fit the panels back?

Yes, it is! I think it's at least 2" diameter, maybe bigger! I had to take very careful location measurements, cut out holes, with a hole saw, then cut slots to slip the panels around the pipe. What you can see in the pics, is the plates that attach it to the towers. It is welded to the top, then it goes down the front, and meets with a plate that gets welded into the floor, and then the side bracing gets welded to that floor plate, so it isn't going anywhere! While I had the welder in that area, I also welded in a set of the BF plates that support the rear subframe mounts. None of this is a simple "bolt-on task, but if you have access to a good welder, or weld yourself, it isn't bad at all.;-)

Users who are viewing this thread