Ready for the XFL?

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Thanks for affirming my point;)
Actually the opposite, if we had 129 NFL teams you can bet most would suck a fat one. So it isn't helping the NFL when they have more than a few garbage teams already (like cowboys :p)

So it doesn't mean college is boring, as they have more volume regarding games played, a higher chance of more entertaining plays/games, and more pride/trying to standout on plays instead of letting off the gas because you have a big contract.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I can understand Bama fans being bored. Or in the other spectrum Razorback fans being bored.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Actually the opposite, if *snip*

"if"
Wasted.gif

*Insert 25 cent to continue*

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Uh oh, you been learning how to counter from KingBlack? lol

We're talking about what is, not what ifs. How about we revisit this convo "when/if" the NFL ever expands to 129 teams. Until then I'm right and you're wrong lol.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
We're talking about what is, not what ifs. How about we revisit this convo "when/if" the NFL ever expands to 129 teams. Until then I'm right and you're wrong lol.
Don't go getting all cocky now, we compared number of teams because the numbers aren't necessarily in your favor of good vs bad games, lol.

Better be glad there aren't 129 NFL teams, because we would have even more shitty games. Or worse current teams would play more. Could you imagine having to suffer through 32 Lions games? :eek:. At least wouldn't have to worry about seeing them in anything post season, unless they bought tickets to those games, lol. In the spirit of what is, isn't college seeing an increase in views while the NFL continues to drop?

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
College football is NOT surperior to the NFL in any way. More than 75% of the games are blowouts every week. The talent gap from school to school is just to big for it to be interesting week to week.

I don't think it's that high, but let's say it is. That means 16 good games per week. Does the NFL have 16 good games per week?

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Protests won't be allowed.

XFL returns: Football league plans a comeback with 8 new teams

After flopping fantastically nearly two decades ago, the XFL is making a comeback.

The league, which lasted for a single season in 2001, is expected to announce this week that it will return.

Initially, eight cities will have teams — Dallas; Houston; Los Angeles; New York; St. Louis; Seattle; Tampa, Fla.; and Washington, D.C. — according to published reports.

Two of those cities — Los Angeles and New York — had teams the first time around, when a failed TV deal led to the league’s quick demise.

The XFL is owned by WWE chairman Vince McMahon, who will own all eight of its teams, as well.

This time, because of changes in the ownership structure and other league operations, McMahon said he believes the league will be a success.

“A chance to do it with no partners, strictly funded by me, which would allow me to look in the mirror and say, ‘You were the one who screwed this up,’ or ‘You made this thing a success,’ ” McMahon told ESPN in a recent interview.

The league aims to be different from the NFL in several key ways, the Houston Chronicle reported. For instance, games will be shorter and protests during the national anthem aren’t allowed.

Another difference: The pay. Forbes says XFL players, on average, are expected to make $75,000 — far less than their counterparts in the NFL.

The first season for the XFL will be in 2020. The league anticipates playing a 10-week schedule.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Let's not forget the league they are planning that is centered around the protesters. all the asshats will have a job for the week or two it will take for that league to fold LOL

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
LMAO, NO!

Why would I watch an inferior product with guys not good enough to make it to the NFL?

The rules in the NFL have made the NFL an inferior product. The talent does not outweigh the rules that have made the NFL boring.

I hope the NFL dies as it is shit and will become more shit.

I post golden memes using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
75,000 seems more reasonable. Paying player exorbitant amounts of money is stupid. I dont go to games anymore, i cant afford $16.00 for a hot dog. 12 for a soft drink. 22 and up for a beer. Its insane. I was given private suite tickets about 5 years ago to a Panthers game, i thought oh this will be cool. Private room, private waitress....yeh. For chips and cheese dip was $85.00. A plate 20 wings was damn near $100. That was the last NFL game i went to.

I think players play better when they make less money. We have seen it a million times, a player gets a huge raise after a great season. Then hes a bust. No effort and soon disappears. Pay these guys reasonably, let them kill one another. Make tickets and food affordable. Ill be a fan.

Sent from my LG V30 ThinQ using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Dusten

Established Member
75,000 seems more reasonable. Paying player exorbitant amounts of money is stupid. I dont go to games anymore, i cant afford $16.00 for a hot dog. 12 for a soft drink. 22 and up for a beer. Its insane. I was given private suite tickets about 5 years ago to a Panthers game, i thought oh this will be cool. Private room, private waitress....yeh. For chips and cheese dip was $85.00. A plate 20 wings was damn near $100. That was the last NFL game i went to.

I think players play better when they make less money. We have seen it a million times, a player gets a huge raise after a great season. Then hes a bust. No effort and soon disappears. Pay these guys reasonably, let them kill one another. Make tickets and food affordable. Ill be a fan.

You're going to the wrong games.

Seattle charges $5 for a domestic. $3 for a hot dog and has a 2 beer, 2 water popcorn combo for $12

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator

I haven't seen prices anything like that at a Panthers game. You sure you weren't trying to pay with Pesos?

scott_0

Established Member
meh, lol less than meh actually

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread