Random Picture Thread

blk02edge

Established Member
Always thought it would be fun to go on a gun run with one of these-
AH-6-Little-Bird-wallpaper-4.jpg

Also to think someone was like "yeah some gatling guns are cool, but what about something bigger in this plane?"
"Ok, how about some 40mm cannons?"
"Awesome, add those too."
"...wait, too? Not instead of?"
"Yeah. And can we get anything bigger?"
"What, you want to put a ****ing artillery piece in here or something?"
"Exactly! Put a 105 in the tail!"

0qynx2db3jn21.jpg

a-105-mm-howitzer-and-a-40-mm-cannon-protrude-from-the-side-of-a-16th-special-30acef-1024.jpg

I can't imagine being in there while it's flying and firing. Just walking through a parked one was enough of a trip.

I also can't fathom what it would be like road racing a C2 back in the day. Big block on those tiny bias ply tires.
1967-Le-Mans-Corvette-Racing.jpg

1101601-1536.jpg
One of the wildest drives I ever did was a 1962 E-type Jaguar factory racer on period correct bias plys in the rain... scarier than a modern F3 car..
FB_IMG_1652809106545.jpg

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
One of the wildest drives I ever did was a 1962 E-type Jaguar factory racer on period correct bias plys in the rain... scarier than a modern F3 car..
View attachment 1827122

I was at a car show and a guy had an old fiberglass T-bucket, complete with skinny bike tires up front and cheater bias plies out back, powered by an 8-71 blown Hemi. Looked like something out of an Ed Roth cartoon. There was more engine than car. Just two little rails, couple leaf springs, a fiberglass tub with a bench seat and lap belts. I greeted the guy with "So this is what someone who isn't afraid of death looks like." My hat goes off to people driving sketchy shit that makes my cars look like a Volvo.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

blk02edge

Established Member
I was at a car show and a guy had an old fiberglass T-bucket, complete with skinny bike tires up front and cheater bias plies out back, powered by an 8-71 blown Hemi. Looked like something out of an Ed Roth cartoon. There was more engine than car. Just two little rails, couple leaf springs, a fiberglass tub with a bench seat and lap belts. I greeted the guy with "So this is what someone who isn't afraid of death looks like." My hat goes off to people driving sketchy shit that makes my cars look like a Volvo.
Thing has probably never seen more than 50% throttle

Users who are viewing this thread