Ran a Pullied cobra

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
SS's are deadly with heads/cams/intake and little spray. A beautiful car as well. Nice runs-Shane

Boosted_Cobra.

Matta fact...
Established Member
According my f-body friends they say that you dont put heads unless you plan on building the motor.

Cam and Sauce is the best combo for a factory block.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I remember leaving SC to be stationed in South Texas. My friend was driving my SC 02GT and I was driving my Cobra. I was gonna fly him back when we got to Texas. I came up on this beautiful Black SS Camaro. My 04 at the time was ported throttle body, elbow & supercharger all done by leathal, with a 2.8 upper, 4lb lower, JLT CAI, Bassani mid, Borla catback, Diablo Predator tune by Rick at Amazon Tuning Solutions. Just under 500rwhp and tq. Man..I so wooped that SS's ass. But it was a beautiful car with a killer exhaust. My friend called me from behind rather excited. I bet my GT would have taken him at the track but not from a roll. She was a built auto with 4.10 gears and procharger. Might have...but would be a better race. I'm alot faster now though in my Cobra with the KenneBell:beer: -Shane

16kOrBust

Established Member
According my f-body friends they say that you dont put heads unless you plan on building the motor.

That is inaccurate information. There are TONS of heads/cam combo cars out there, on and off the spray, that don't have built motors. It's probably one of the most popular mod combos among people who have the money for heads. The stock LS1 block will hold north of 500 on average; some have been known to hold a bit more, but it gest risky. And there are more and more h/c LS1 packages hitting the 500rwhp mark on the stock bottom end. Texas Speed probably does the majority of them, but there are others. Do a search on LS1Tech.com and you'll see what I'm talking about. Just thought I'd let you know.

16kOrBust

Established Member

That is inaccurate information. There are TONS of heads/cam combo cars out there, on and off the spray, that don't have built motors. It's probably one of the most popular mod combos among people who have the money for heads. The stock LS1 block will hold just north of 500 on average. Some have been known to hold a bit more, but it gets risky. And there are more and more h/c LS1 packages hitting the 500rwhp mark on the stock bottom end. Texas Speed probably does the majority of them, but there are others. Do a search on LS1Tech.com and you'll see what I'm talking about. Just thought I'd let you know.

Whoops, how did that double post happen? I can't seem to delete it.

Last edited:

lilbuddy1587

Banned

Cam and sauce is an amazing bang for your buck combo BUT with the addition of heads you add quite a bit of power under the curve and @ peak.

Dont get me wrong, the factory heads flow great. But the ability to get more air in and out with larger valves and MUCH better flowing int/exh ports coupled with added compression will more than compliment a cam and more so on a cam+spray combo :beer:

Best of all, a decent set of heads is only around 1,200 give or take :rockon:

Last edited:

BayareaSS

Established Member
That is inaccurate information. There are TONS of heads/cam combo cars out there, on and off the spray, that don't have built motors. It's probably one of the most popular mod combos among people who have the money for heads. The stock LS1 block will hold north of 500 on average; some have been known to hold a bit more, but it gest risky. And there are more and more h/c LS1 packages hitting the 500rwhp mark on the stock bottom end. Texas Speed probably does the majority of them, but there are others. Do a search on LS1Tech.com and you'll see what I'm talking about. Just thought I'd let you know.

i agree, there are plenty of heads & cam cars out there without spray

04OUTLAW

WWW.OUTLAWDIVISION.COM
Established Member
I completely understand. The ms3 with ls6 heads should be pretty damn fast. Have you ran your friend on the spray yet?

Not yet after christmas both us will be spraying. I hope to have I built straight axle aswell then see how deep in the 10s she'll go.

Users who are viewing this thread