Ran a Pullied cobra

BayareaSS

Established Member
The other night i went out and met up with my friends and one of them has an 03 cobra. We have been trying to set a run up for at least a month and it was finally time. His mods are intake, mid length headers, x-pipe, catback 2.76 pulley and tune.
So we line them up from a dig and we both instantly blow the tires off. Cold night and street tires not work well from a dig
I jump out on him about a car and i spin all of 1st and most of 2nd i was getting sideways and so was he but I was still out in front by 1.5 cars and then i see him pull up to my bumper and we shift to 3rd and he has a hard time getting in gear and i pull back my 1.5 lead. He then reels me in and is at my door and we shift to 4th and my lead is half car. At about 115 he finally passes me and at 120 i'm at his back bumper and we let off. I held off a pullied cobra in the 1/4 mile Both of us had a bad run but his very bad.

So we decide on a 50 roll on the highway. I honk it off and i jump out a half car for a split second and he pulls back and keeps on pulling at 130 i was 2.5 cars back. He said he was spinning and thats why i jumped him. But i think i did very well with only a bolt on SS. :rockon:

My mods are: LT, Duals, lid, ported tb, 85mm maf and thats about it.

C6 Vette

Established Member
The other night i went out and met up with my friends and one of them has an 03 cobra. We have been trying to set a run up for at least a month and it was finally time. His mods are intake, mid length headers, x-pipe, catback 2.76 pulley and tune.
So we line them up from a dig and we both instantly blow the tires off. Cold night and street tires not work well from a dig
I jump out on him about a car and i spin all of 1st and most of 2nd i was getting sideways and so was he but I was still out in front by 1.5 cars and then i see him pull up to my bumper and we shift to 3rd and he has a hard time getting in gear and i pull back my 1.5 lead. He then reels me in and is at my door and we shift to 4th and my lead is half car. At about 115 he finally passes me and at 120 i'm at his back bumper and we let off. I held off a pullied cobra in the 1/4 mile Both of us had a bad run but his very bad.

So we decide on a 50 roll on the highway. I honk it off and i jump out a half car for a split second and he pulls back and keeps on pulling at 130 i was 2.5 cars back. He said he was spinning and thats why i jumped him. But i think i did very well with only a bolt on SS. :rockon:

My mods are: LT, Duals, lid, ported tb, 85mm maf and thats about it.

Nice runs!!! You have a solid mid 12 second car (low 12's I assume with a great launch) and thats enough to put the driver in the pullied Snake to have to run mistake free to beat you......

Last edited:

TrickStang37

Established Member
Ya, now being the winter, my car lights them up even in third, at night. Sucks actually, takes all the fun out.

BayareaSS

Established Member
Nice runs!!! You have a solid mid 12 second car (low 12's I assume with a great launch) and thats enough to put the driver in the pullied Snake to have to run mistake free to beat you......
Thanks bro!

It was fun but he was obviously the faster car but that is all changing very soon.

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
sounds like you beat the driver. ive ran similiar LS1's, and it was no where near that close, and i dont even have a pulley. just full exhaust, and intake.

the one that stayed right beside me though had longtubes, heavy cam, not sure about heads, intake, and a tune. i couldnt shake him off for the life of me.

SSmoked99

Burn that sh*t UBZ
Established Member
sounds like you beat the driver. ive ran similiar LS1's, and it was no where near that close, and i dont even have a pulley. just full exhaust, and intake.

the one that stayed right beside me though had longtubes, heavy cam, not sure about heads, intake, and a tune. i couldnt shake him off for the life of me.
So you had a LS1 stay beside you and he had a cam? If you just had full exhuast and an intake then I call BS! Cuz if that was your mods at the time he would've spanked you...It sounds like you beat the driver of the LS1's if it was no where near that close...with your mods only being full exhaust and intake at the time. I'm not saying they should've won, but you shouldn't be pulling that much with just full exhaust and intake.

Users who are viewing this thread