Ran a Pullied cobra

BayareaSS

Established Member
sounds like you beat the driver. ive ran similiar LS1's, and it was no where near that close, and i dont even have a pulley. just full exhaust, and intake.

the one that stayed right beside me though had longtubes, heavy cam, not sure about heads, intake, and a tune. i couldnt shake him off for the life of me.
Maybe u have a strong runner or just ran into a bad ls1. I know with my new mods i will either be pulling this cobra or it will be even.
I had a short run with cobra before the pulley and tune. So he just had full exhaust and intake. The run was cut short because of traffic in my lane. It was from about 70 and we went for about a gear and a half. Maybe til 110-115. I jumped out about a car and he pulled to about my mirror and i had to let off with me a little ahead. I know it wasn't a long run but i still held him off

klarkent42

Man of Steel
Established Member
Good runs. Although I'm not a big fan of chevy's, I love to see mustangs and camaro's going at it. I've had my closest runs against vette's/camaro's. Give respect where respect is due is what i say :beer:

Last edited:

MystictealLt1

Established Member
nice run,its always good when someone can be a good sport when racing even tho you lost..you will love the cam! im getting bored with cam only..so 408 ci is coming very soon

BayareaSS

Established Member
nice run,its always good when someone can be a good sport when racing even tho you lost..you will love the cam! im getting bored with cam only..so 408 ci is coming very soon

I wish i could get a 408 but i'm just going to try the cam only route and see if i want more. You could always add some spray for pretty cheap and see how you like that before you throw all that cash into a 408

MystictealLt1

Established Member
lol well its kind of like u getting revenge on the cobra,i had my ass handed to me by a kb cobra so i need to up the mods and give him a better run :) lol goodluck with your car

BayareaSS

Established Member
lol well its kind of like u getting revenge on the cobra,i had my ass handed to me by a kb cobra so i need to up the mods and give him a better run :) lol goodluck with your car

Well i'm actually faster than that cobra right now if i spray him. But i would like to be able to run with and beat pullied cobras all motor.

408 is a great choice. Thanks and Good luck to you too

whyte_03

I got your HEMI hanging!!
Established Member
The other night i went out and met up with my friends and one of them has an 03 cobra. We have been trying to set a run up for at least a month and it was finally time. His mods are intake, mid length headers, x-pipe, catback 2.76 pulley and tune.
So we line them up from a dig and we both instantly blow the tires off. Cold night and street tires not work well from a dig
I jump out on him about a car and i spin all of 1st and most of 2nd i was getting sideways and so was he but I was still out in front by 1.5 cars and then i see him pull up to my bumper and we shift to 3rd and he has a hard time getting in gear and i pull back my 1.5 lead. He then reels me in and is at my door and we shift to 4th and my lead is half car. At about 115 he finally passes me and at 120 i'm at his back bumper and we let off. I held off a pullied cobra in the 1/4 mile Both of us had a bad run but his very bad.

So we decide on a 50 roll on the highway. I honk it off and i jump out a half car for a split second and he pulls back and keeps on pulling at 130 i was 2.5 cars back. He said he was spinning and thats why i jumped him. But i think i did very well with only a bolt on SS. :rockon:

My mods are: LT, Duals, lid, ported tb, 85mm maf and thats about it.

with identical hook at the track with slicks it looks like the Cobra will win in the 1/4... its a drivers race with street tires, it sounds like. congrats on having a good time!!

SSmoked99

Burn that sh*t UBZ
Established Member
with identical hook at the track with slicks it looks like the Cobra will win in the 1/4... its a drivers race with street tires, it sounds like. congrats on having a good time!!
uMm...not to be an ASS, but I think we all know that! He has bolt-ons and the Cobra has bolt-ons with a pulley.

04OUTLAW

WWW.OUTLAWDIVISION.COM
Established Member
So you had a LS1 stay beside you and he had a cam? If you just had full exhuast and an intake then I call BS! Cuz if that was your mods at the time he would've spanked you...It sounds like you beat the driver of the LS1's if it was no where near that close...with your mods only being full exhaust and intake at the time. I'm not saying they should've won, but you shouldn't be pulling that much with just full exhaust and intake.

I have a few friends with LS1 cars and they're all bolt ons and cams one has LS6 heads. The fastest is one runs 11.80s@115. I ran him this weekend we started in 2nd and went to the top of 3rd and I pulled him by 4 cars. He also got beat by a cammed Trans Am which hasn't been to the track yet cause he just got back from RPM friday. I ran him thru 4th and beat him just as bad. I don't have any times for my recent mods but I ran 12.96@108 bone stock on BFG T/As and 12.40@116 with a 2.8 upper pulley with a Predator on the same tires. We are planning on going to the track this weekend and I'm gonna bolt on the E.T. streets.

Users who are viewing this thread