RAM TRX debut

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
It’s torque that moves these pigs, stay out of the boost and the TRX probably will get respectable mileage. The Raptor, with the V6, well it’s hard to stay out of the boost if you’re doing much of anything other than sitting still. We get 16-17 between job sites and 9-10 towing anything remotely substantial. I can only imagine having 35’s and a wider footprint. We won’t be getting another one after this.
Just my opinion, but that doesn’t seem like a appropriate work vehicle.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
You would want a lesser engine because of sound...cool. Just say that .

Every new engine will have some teething problems. The 6.2's had some issues with valve springs breaking, causing a misfire and potential engine damage. They are much simpler engine than a 3.5 of course, with only 2 cams, no Direct Injection, and no turbochargers. They also make a lot less power and torque, weight more, and drink a lot more fuel than a 3.5.

My brother in law has a gen 1 raptor and it's a good truck , very raw ....but the Gen 2 is better and more capable on every level ( except sound).

With all that said since you were so close to being a raptor but didn't because of the sound I look forward to you posting up your TRX

“lesser engine” ... please... lol. Only 40hp more with a turbo set up and a **** ton less reliable. Weeeeee! Okay. Meanwhile, the TRX has (count them with me) 250 MORE HP than the gen2. Lol.

I’m glad you look for anyway possible to justify your purchase.

I’d probably be sour grapes too if I had just bought one thinking it was the top dog, only to be easily eclipsed by a new dodge truck.

BTW, no one here said that the gen 1 was a better truck than the gen 2. No need for you to get defensive about that as well.

Since you seem to beat your chest about What you do with that raptor, please do post some pictures or videos of some of your incredible adventures.

Don’t worry. I’ll wait.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Lol the fuel mileage probably is horrible in the TRX, like 15 highway I bet.
lol
It might even be lower than that. A 6.2 supercharged plus the weight of that pig,....... o_O :confused: She gonna drink and drink often. lol
Look at the Trackhawks, those things suck down gas like crazy.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Hopefully they offer an NA, less expensive version of the TRX.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My94GT

Established Member
lol
It might even be lower than that. A 6.2 supercharged plus the weight of that pig,....... o_O :confused: She gonna drink and drink often. lol
Look at the Trackhawks, those things suck down gas like crazy.
When I was shopping track hawks I saw people were getting 17 highway 15-16 avg

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Hopefully they offer an NA, less expensive version of the TRX.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that would be very nice. Have to admit that I much rather prefer the Raptor’s price point. Lol

blk02edge

Established Member
You guys with the sound deal are funny.
I don't really care about sound, or having a V8 in a truck, it's just unfortunate when EcoBoost owners think it's a wise idea to throw a cat back on. Because they sound like trash.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
I don't really care about sound, or having a V8 in a truck, it's just unfortunate when EcoBoost owners think it's a wise idea to throw a cat back on. Because they sound like trash.
I was reading in a raptor group on Facebook, typical 'what's the best catback' post came up and the majority literally said to leave it alone. I was floored, but also understood why as I've heard em lol

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
Just my opinion, but that doesn’t seem like a appropriate work vehicle.

I wasn’t the one in charge of ordering boss but I agree. Honestly, it was supposed to only be a transportation vehicle for crew only. That withstanding, that horrible mileage is with at most 5k pounds which is terrible for such a light load given it has the max towing package albeit it is 4x4.

The ecoboost may have its place, but using a smaller displacement engine in a heavier vehicle to begin with, and then compound that with towing duties is stupid imho. There are only 4 people I know who opted for them, and 3 regret purchasing them for work use. The other drives unloaded most of the time and is content. It’s a mixed bag.

My94GT

Established Member
Lol at people saying that the sound shouldn’t matter....like people don’t love to put exhaust on every performance car, or don’t bust on imports for not sounding as good. A great sounding ride is all part of the experience and when you’re paying closer to 100k you want all the boxes checked.

Dusten

Established Member
Thats what Ford Performance has always been about: Bragging rights. O. John Coletti, Hau Thai-Tang, Jamal Hameedi, Dave Pericak.... These men were responsible for a dominance of Ford SVT and Ford Performance. Until the ZL1 Camaro came out, there was NOTHING domestic touching a factory Cobra and GT500 short of a Z06 Corvette. That was a badge of pride unto itself: it took a Corvette from Cheby to compete with SVT.

Shouldnt be hard at all to adapt the 10R140 from the Super Duty. If thats too large of a trans, I dont see why they couldnt beef up the 10R80 to pass validation testing. Enough Mustang GT guys making big power through the 10R80 that it could be done.

Somewhere in Dearborn, there is a mid-level project manager that just got kicked in the nuts. Why? He didnt think FCA would actually Hellcat a Ram Rebel, and now has to come up with reasons why the Soy-latte powered EcoPowerBoost Raptor for the new Gen F 150 is getting pwned by a big ole Supercharged Hemi **** YOU from an American truck brand owned by Italians and the French.... lmao!

The 10r80 doesn't live. Around 700 in a car it dies.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
..... He also offered to let me take it for a test spin so stay tuned!!!
I just may let him take my Raptor for a spin as well but I’m afraid he won’t come back. LOL"

You won’t have to worry about that.

His sounds like a proper Man’s truck, while yours sounds like the rainbows produced by night full of Elton John and Richard Simmons scissor friction.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member

His sounds like a proper Man’s truck, while yours sounds like the rainbows produced by night full of Elton John and Richard Simmons scissor friction.

Actual film of @kaz109 at the 3.5 Ecoboost Engineer's mixer
bGO1OgY.gif

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member

thank goodness my keyboard is waterproof!

wait, coffee is mostly water right?

kaz109

Established Member
Lol at people saying that the sound shouldn’t matter....like people don’t love to put exhaust on every performance car, or don’t bust on imports for not sounding as good. A great sounding ride is all part of the experience and when you’re paying closer to 100k you want all the boxes checked.

I agree with this to a point but the absolute only complaint for the Raptor is the exhaust note, so with that I'm not buying the argument that all boxes have to be checked on a vehicle that 70k. For me personally that's putting the exhaust note to high up on the list.

For reference no way I would pay the money for a demon or red eye. I'm not paying that kind of money for shit interior and handles like a whale out of water. But most ppl love it for the power and exhaust note.

Again it's fine if you don't like it, I don't think it's that great either but it's class-leading and everything else and I personally wouldn't let the exhaust note be the end-all-be-all. If that were the case by your logic why do people buy Porsches when you can just buy a red eye....

I don't know maybe I just like cars that dojt sound good. I hate the sound of my E46 M3 yet it's one of the most fun cars I have ever owned

Pribilof

Life's Better @ Elevation
Established Member
For reference no way I would pay the money for a demon or red eye. I'm not paying that kind of money for shit interior and handles like a whale out of water. But most ppl love it for the power and exhaust note.

Again it's fine if you don't like it, I don't think it's that great either but it's class-leading and everything else and I personally wouldn't let the exhaust note be the end-all-be-all. If that were the case by your logic why do people buy Porsches when you can just buy a red eye....

If you think the 5th gen Ram 1500 has a "shit" interior you are blind. Go test drive one. I'm in the market for a new truck and the F250 interior is shit. The F250 w/ the 7.3 is a better truck than the Ram 2500 but that Ford interior... :eek:

Regarding Porsche... that flat 6 engine and exhaust note are great!

kaz109

Established Member
If you think the 5th gen Ram 1500 has a "shit" interior you are blind. Go test drive one. I'm in the market for a new truck and the F250 interior is shit. The F250 w/ the 7.3 is a better truck than the Ram 2500 but that Ford interior... :eek:

Regarding Porsche... that flat 6 engine and exhaust note are great!

I never said that...please actually read my post

Users who are viewing this thread