RAM TRX debut

My94GT

Established Member
You are correct. I should have been more clear, as I wasn’t knocking the ram interior. Ive just been driving a JKU with seat covers and a raptor lined interior, with drain plugs pulled, for a decade. Basically anything i get next will be exponentially nicer than the wrangler lol.

there is something satisfying about a simplistic interior like that too at t
Yeah, the 5th generation Ram's interior are super nice. Even my '16 Ram Sport interior is really nice.
That blue would be the color I would get, if I were to get a TRX. Love it.

I love that blue. The more I see them the more I want one but we’ll see. The current ram does everything I need and I still enjoy driving it. Plus the TRX is still priced pretty hefty, I optioned one how I’d like and it was 83k msrp

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I love that blue. The more I see them the more I want one but we’ll see. The current ram does everything I need and I still enjoy driving it. Plus the TRX is still priced pretty hefty, I optioned one how I’d like and it was 83k msrp
I hear that brother. I think the one I priced out was about the same price. Prolly be more wit the ADM anyways, unless you just order it, like I would do. I love the blue.
I don't need another daily driver for a long time. My '16 Ram only has 22,400 miles on it.

My94GT

Established Member
I hear that brother. I think the one I priced out was about the same price. Prolly be more wit the ADM anyways, unless you just order it, like I would do. I love the blue.
I don't need another daily driver for a long time. My '16 Ram only has 22,400 miles on it.

Oh yea that’s nothing for mileage. I have 46k on my 19 already. I’ll probably keep it till 100k miles and see how I feel from there. We need a larger suv for the wife anyway so I think we’ll check out the Grand Wagoneer first.

kaz109

Established Member
So the first one has been spotted in the wild....
BF9F029F-D489-4915-B16C-D1E1B7F79498.jpeg

16818345-C00C-4E08-BF43-23D130995C78.jpeg

68780195-FC01-49C7-BF2C-203314250BC9.jpeg

This is what the guy who took the pics said , he is from Canada btw......

" Talked to the owner today turns out he his an Executive in the USA that’s doing a “TEST” drive for the factory before they come out in October.
I drove by in my Raptor and we chatted a bit he says that it’s a “PIG” on gas and that he preferred the Ram Limited to the T-REX. He also offered to let me take it for a test spin so stay tuned!!!
I just may let him take my Raptor for a spin as well but I’m afraid he won’t come back. LOL"

kaz109

Established Member
Saw a Raptor the other day with a nice set of aftermarket wheels. It looked fantastic. Then there was the sound...

Why Ford, WHY???

You aren't alone, most ppl who use them to use them as a mall crawler , or care about a 0-100 feel the same way. Glad Ram did this for them.........10 years later

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
You aren't alone, most ppl who use them to use them as a mall crawler , or care about a 0-100 feel the same way. Glad Ram did this for them.........10 years later

Lol. That’s not quite the way I see it. I almost bought a raptor myself, but couldn’t justify the expense, since it does not check all the boxes for me.

Also, Dodge might have taken a while to bring the TRX to light, but it has now not only brought competition, it has brought a clear winner.

Between the two... TRX all the way!

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Yea the sound is really damn unfortunate

I’d even be happy with a new raptor with the old 6.2L.... even if it has less power than the current motor. Way WAY more reliable and much MUCH better sound. Easy to make power with it too, if one cared to go that route.

kaz109

Established Member
Lol. That’s not quite the way I see it. I almost bought a raptor myself, but couldn’t justify the expense, since it does not check all the boxes for me.

Also, Dodge might have taken a while to bring the TRX to light, but it has now not only brought competition, it has brought a clear winner.

Between the two... TRX all the way!

Until both are tested I wouldn't say clear winner. It is great that there is another option but again , you are praising a company for making a " clear winner" to a vehicle that is already over its Gen production cycle and did it at a 15k premium.

I just hope the TRX is not a heavy high hp V8 payment pounder that everybody is wanting the raptor to be.

Me personally ,I want the Gen 3 to be just as light and with 550hp with better suspension. That would be a trx killer. Unless we are talking stoplight to stoplight on your way to the mall or Starbucks ......which that is was most in this thread is wanting to use it for

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I can only imagine the gas mileage on that bad boy. I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's very terrible. lol
I wonder if this thing will have a gas guzzler tax on it?? I'm assuming it does.

kaz109

Established Member
I can only imagine the gas mileage on that bad boy. I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's very terrible. lol
I wonder if this thing will have a gas guzzler tax on it?? I'm assuming it does.

No way I would get this TRX over a Shelby F150 Sport if i was in your shoes......

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
No way I would get this TRX over a Shelby F150 Sport if i was in your shoes......
The TRX would be a lot nicer, interior-wise, and more practical in the winter months as it's higher than the F150 Shelby Sport. But, the Shelby would hella more fun during the spring, summer and fall. :D ;)
Both are crazy cash! lol

kaz109

Established Member
I’d even be happy with a new raptor with the old 6.2L.... even if it has less power than the current motor. Way WAY more reliable and much MUCH better sound. Easy to make power with it too, if one cared to go that route.

You would want a lesser engine because of sound...cool. Just say that .

Every new engine will have some teething problems. The 6.2's had some issues with valve springs breaking, causing a misfire and potential engine damage. They are much simpler engine than a 3.5 of course, with only 2 cams, no Direct Injection, and no turbochargers. They also make a lot less power and torque, weight more, and drink a lot more fuel than a 3.5.

My brother in law has a gen 1 raptor and it's a good truck , very raw ....but the Gen 2 is better and more capable on every level ( except sound).

With all that said since you were so close to being a raptor but didn't because of the sound I look forward to you posting up your TRX

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
It’s torque that moves these pigs, stay out of the boost and the TRX probably will get respectable mileage. The Raptor, with the V6, well it’s hard to stay out of the boost if you’re doing much of anything other than sitting still. We get 16-17 between job sites and 9-10 towing anything remotely substantial. I can only imagine having 35’s and a wider footprint. We won’t be getting another one after this.

Users who are viewing this thread