RAM TRX debut

F8l Vnm

Established Member
Remember guys, power is irrelevant in this segment. There is absolutely zero need for a v8.
I agree but when your Raptor that happens to be the baddest truck on market sounds like a Tacoma with an exhaust it becomes relevant. I like the Eco motor like most here. Gobs of torque and pulls hard but it’s the damn awful exhaust sound it emits that’s cringe worthy

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
I don’t think anyone has said that. And I don’t know a single Gen2 owner that thinks because it is a V6 that it is the best. This shit is tiring.

I promise you it has been said several times on here, by current Raptor owners. It's not worth quoting, as I'm just poking some fun at it. Not looking to call people out.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member

giphy.gif

blk02edge

Established Member
Last edited:

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
I promise you it has been said several times on here, by current Raptor owners. It's not worth quoting, as I'm just poking some fun at it. Not looking to call people out.
The only other person that I know for a fact that has a Gen2 in this thread is @kaz109 he has said specifically he would prefer a V8 and so would I. However, in ‘17 the 3.5 HO was the most powerful engine in Ford’s lineup besides the Voodoo (HP not TQ). Yes, the 3.5 HO was made “specifically” (quotes because it made its way into other platforms/trims) for the Raptor, but that does not change the fact it was Ford’s best engine at the time. So for me that is the engine I wanted. If they had a TT 5.0 at the time I would have opted for that engine. To be honest I would only want the Predator if you could select power levels for it. 700ish HP on the dirt is a quick way to wad up the truck. On the street a different story.

It is like sport bikes. On the street I want a liter bike because I’m a big dude and need/want the power. However, on a track (given skill) a 600 would be better.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Or like the 2010 GT guys when the 11 came out.

Friend did that lol. Then lost contact for awhile met up recently with my new build (700+ from my old 440hp) he had bought a 350 right before the 500 came out. Drove mine got pissed and sold the 350. Dude has the worst timing.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
lmfao, bet the guys that recently bought one feel like 01 cobra owners did when the 2003 Cobra was announced...
Nope. Do I think it will affect the resale of my truck? Yes, because most people don’t actually off-road their truck and just want to look cool. Difference between the ‘01 and ‘03 is that the ‘01 actually sucked. It was slow, it’s IRS was weak, and it looked only marginally different from a GT. Wait I forgot, it came with amber taillights. Fact of the matter is that the Gen2 does not suck, it does have shortcomings though.

I don’t know what Ford will do with the Gen3...but if they go the powerboost route I think I will call that a fail. I just don’t see how a hybrid system would work well off-road. If they decide on the Predator reference my post up a little ways.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Or like the 2010 GT guys when the 11 came out.

those 3 valve guys were pretty damn salty...

Friend did that lol. Then lost contact for awhile met up recently with my new build (700+ from my old 440hp) he had bought a 350 right before the 500 came out. Drove mine got pissed and sold the 350. Dude has the worst timing.
Ford does have a tendency to **** it’s fan base. Take for instance the 5.4L Gen1 guys...

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Ford does have a tendency to **** it’s fan base. Take for instance the 5.4L Gen1 guys...

Ooof, yeah guy on my old softball team was selling a Raptor at a great price when I had my 07 5.4 F150. I was interested till I found out it was a 5.4. Sooooo, same engine with better suspension I will never use?? Sure does look nice though. Sad my new tuned 3.5 makes make a **** ton more power and torque than that Raptor.

I mean it is getting to the point where it unusable power in a truck. Pretty much just bragging rights. The GT500 powered Raptor better also get the GT500 brakes...

kaz109

Established Member
Ooof, yeah guy on my old softball team was selling a Raptor at a great price when I had my 07 5.4 F150. I was interested till I found out it was a 5.4. Sooooo, same engine with better suspension I will never use?? Sure does look nice though. Sad my new tuned 3.5 makes make a **** ton more power and torque than that Raptor.

I mean it is getting to the point where it unusable power in a truck. Pretty much just bragging rights. The GT500 powered Raptor better also get the GT500 brakes...

While we're at it let's give it the GT500 gas tank

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
While we're at it let's give it the GT500 gas tank

Lmao, I'll keep my 36 gallon tank thanks. Unless you're saying the GT500 brakes would be a downgrade. Not going to lie I have no idea what this Gen Raptor has.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Lmao, I'll keep my 36 gallon tank thanks. Unless you're saying the GT500 brakes would be a downgrade. Not going to lie I have no idea what this Gen Raptor has.
It would be an overall downgrade. For what the Raptor is meant for, 17” wheels are best for 35” tires. Gives a good amount of sidewall. Some will argue 37”s but with the way the Raptor is...you lose a lot with minimal gain. Basically more sidewall the better.

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
Nobody seems to have mentioned it, but if they were to put the predator in the new raptor, what transmission would it get? Seems like an unlikely place for a DCT. 10 speed? Aren’t there a bunch of people wishing the 10 speed was available in the GT500 rather than the current DCT that seems to be limiting performance?

Users who are viewing this thread