Raced a TT Cobra!!!!

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
Matt, I've seen to many videos of that transmission being put through hell. Not sure thats the way I want to go.

lmfao, this tranny is new bro... it's got 800 miles on it... I've got 3 1/4 mile passes, 2 1/8th mile break in passes, and about 10 roll races on it... No big deal, I'm going to put it in the vert if I can't sell it... It has not been abused, the car was never on stickies at the track with it, so it hasn't been under a 1.7 60 foot ever (2,500-3K launch).

It's barely broken in, and the fluid that came out of it looked brand new. I'm not selling cause its broken (I wouldn't sell something broken to a friend!~esp without telling them) I am selling it because it will more than likely not live behind 1700 hp and 1500 # feet of torque.

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
Not to mention pay a 50% mark up on the retail price due to being made of gold.

dude your jokes are really fuc en played... Im sorry, what was the price I gave you on my dad's transmission? Oh wait, you thought it was damn good because it was cheaper than any other person's on the market that wasn't stolen and selling for crack money...

yes I asked too much for my Cobra, but I don't want to sell it! I have always been reasonable on stuff I actually want to sell. sorry for trying to make you a deal on the other Tremec... :rollseyes

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
Once again, he's on stock half shafts currently. Get off his nuts Dan.
Sounds like a personal problem. Does that mean he's going to snap an axle if he lays into it. No it does not. I know many people that ran their cobras at the track on stock axles with full slicks launching them at 5K rpms and they were making around 550rwhp. So if he can drive it, it shouldn't be a problem.

Last edited:

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
Sounds like a personal problem. Does that mean he's going to snap an axle if he lays into it. No it does not. I know many people that ran their cobras at the track on stock axles with full slicks launching them at 5K rpms and they were making around 550rwhp. So if he can drive it, it shouldn't be a problem.

J can drive... , but he's making near 800 rw, not 550 you said you've seen live up... and a TON of torque... probably 300 more foot #s than your "550 car"

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
dude your jokes are really fuc en played... Im sorry, what was the price I gave you on my dad's transmission? Oh wait, you thought it was damn good because it was cheaper than any other person's on the market that wasn't stolen and selling for crack money...

yes I asked too much for my Cobra, but I don't want to sell it! I have always been reasonable on stuff I actually want to sell. sorry for trying to make you a deal on the other Tremec... :rollseyes

Whah, whah, whah, get the sand out yuppie brat. You're all fine and well when I'm your biggest cheerleader other times, but I give you a little shit and Mangina gets loaded with sand. Get over it.

Btw, I don't remember the price on the tranny and clutch, how much was it again?

foofinator

Engineer/Lawyer
Established Member
Hey Dan!!

No one cares!!

HPP > Gearheads.

Come throw down from a roll to see which shop built the faster car. I'll run you slipping clutch, short shifting and with shit tires!!

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member

You do know he's making about 200 rwhp more than that now, right?

Almo

Established Member
The VA forum must be really boring. :lol1:

Naaa, just looking around to see who might be able to hang with some of us around the VA area. :p

By the way, you didn't get the memo about Sonic Blues being out front? LOL I kid I kid! :-D

Last edited:

Almo

Established Member
Well even if our cars aren't up to snuff, I know we whooped y'all in football. :p

You know you got me good here... I am a die hard Vol fan and I can't even toss that back now seeing how the only loss for the Vols (BB) right now is TX. :whine:

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
You know you got me good here... I am a die hard Vol fan and I can't even toss that back now seeing how the only loss for the Vols (BB) right now is TX. :whine:

:lol:
In all fairness I thought up that comeback while I was waiting for my car to wrap out second gear so I could shift to third. With my huge amount of power (280 rwhp), that's a solid 20 second time period. :shrug::beer:

foofinator

Engineer/Lawyer
Established Member
Haha, what's up Almo. Did you sell that crazy blue car?

Shit I could only imagine what it would do with a big blower on it, as fast as it ran with the combo's you had. :beer:

Almo

Established Member
Haha, what's up Almo. Did you sell that crazy blue car?

Shit I could only imagine what it would do with a big blower on it, as fast as it ran with the combo's you had. :beer:

Thanks! I could only imagine what yours would do with a good tire on it. :banana: :beer: Matter of fact are you still running a street tire? If so and no disrespect in saying this but that is extremely funny. I am sure your seat time at WOT is a very exciting one. :D

I have decided to keep my car and continue down the road of "I will not be able to make up my mind" what I want. :rockon:

Oh and before I forget... you guys are up early!! :eek:

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
Hey Dan!!

No one cares!!

HPP > Gearheads.

Come throw down from a roll to see which shop built the faster car. I'll run you slipping clutch, short shifting and with shit tires!!
When I put the turbo on my car this year I'll be more then happy to drag your ass down what ever hwy you want. My car is still in its building stage, so as you can see not everything is finished yet. Plus I'll be able to drag your ass from a dig also, something you will never be able to do. So how about you tell your buddies over there to build you a rearend that can handle some power... You are just like those GM guys that are scared of running from a dig because they would rather put a big motor in but not do anything about the rearend. Real men race from a dig. So grow a pair and bring it to Denton or Dale sometime.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread