raced a 13' GT500 with my C6Z--no vid!

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
Zr1 is out of their league stock, 2013 are a better race for Z06s stock for stock
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...55141-ran-09-z06-roll-you-guys-might-mad.html
Honestly, the only reason the ZR1 is faster is that Ford too seriously hobbled the GT500 from the factory. The "electronic powertrain feature" (clutch protection) and PCM parameters that prevent the car from making full power with coolant temps under 170* hurt the car. IMO, with these features disabled they would be ~10.9-11.0 cars in the 129-130 mph range.
S.

AWDLS2

Established Member
Manufactures always find one thing to mess up lol, cuz the rest of the car is pretty sick imo alot cooler than the ZL1 but just a little overhyped

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
Manufactures always find one thing to mess up lol, cuz the rest of the car is pretty sick imo alot cooler than the ZL1 but just a little overhyped
Agreed.
I should restate my previous post, if Ford hadn't hobbled the '13 GT500, IMO it still wouldn't be quite as quick as an equally driven ZR1, but it would be much closer.
It's hard to make up for the weight factor and skinny rear tires, especially at that power level.
S.

Neverbdonegt

Established Member
Those same magazines usually all have Z06s in other issues doing the exact same times and traps as the GT500.

Plus that was a real world race in that thread so track times are irrelevant

They are very close et wise by road and tracks numbers but the gt500 has a higher mph than the z06. [email protected] for the z06, [email protected] for the zr1, and [email protected] for the gt500. Yes I know anything can happen on the street just trying to point out that despite the weight difference they are pretty close. The zr1 is def faster and up high it should only get worse but the gt500 is an overachiever for how much it weighs and its shape.

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
They are very close et wise by road and tracks numbers but the gt500 has a higher mph than the z06. [email protected] for the z06, [email protected] for the zr1, and [email protected] for the gt500. Yes I know anything can happen on the street just trying to point out that despite the weight difference they are pretty close. The zr1 is def faster and up high it should only get worse but the gt500 is an overachiever for how much it weighs and its shape.
Compared to C6 Z06's racing at the same day, same track my '13 GT500 was typically several mph faster.

I know somebody will point to the top three C6Z's on the "Fast List" which ran 127-128 mph, but look at the other ~30 cars, which all ran at least several mph slower. Also, consider the track conditions for those top three cars...which were all raced at MIR in very negative DA.

So yeah...same day, same track, same driver...I'd put the GT500 around 2-3 mph faster than a C6 Z06.
S.

Njtony

Established Member
I'm in for racing from a roll or not. Stock zr1 or zo6. At atco or elsewhere. Only car I've come across driving lately was a 911 turbo. Getting a bit bored.

MWR

YWSOTD
Established Member
I'm in for racing from a roll or not. Stock zr1 or zo6. At atco or elsewhere. Only car I've come across driving lately was a 911 turbo. Getting a bit bored.

What mods/tire used for your times in you sig?

Users who are viewing this thread