raced a 13' GT500 with my C6Z--no vid!

Poppacapp

Established Member
Yep, the C6Z's are no joke. Light weight + big power= badass. In general, it takes about 120rwhp or so more for the GT500 to be able to take a C6Z... weight is our enemy. :(

rizjan67

Established Member
Nice one OP,i am really impressed with c6z performance,,actually my friend has 08 c6 z06 with heads and cams put around 550rwhp,i ran my kenne bell 04 cobra (street tune 623rwhp) with him and we were pretty much even from 50 roll to 140,,i did couple of runs, every time we start i gain atleast one car on him but when i shift he gets to my passenger door and stays till we shut down,,,,my down fall is 4.10 gears (too much shifting)but soon going back to stock or 3.27s.

F8l Vnm

Established Member
Thanks for compliment guys. Like most have said the weight difference is huge . About 700 lbs difference . Regdraless Ford hit a home run with the new GT500 , I love that beast.
Maybe one day =)

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Yep, the C6Z's are no joke. Light weight + big power= badass. In general, it takes about 120rwhp or so more for the GT500 to be able to take a C6Z... weight is our enemy. :(

In my experience it takes about 80 more whp to edge one out. Ran a cammed C5z making 100 less whp than me and walked him hard. As long as your shutting down around 130-140 it will be a good run. The higher speeds its where the vette really shines. Wish I had more around me to run, mainly a bunch of bolt on c6's to beat on.

CobRoush-00

Established Member
Hahaha by no means a kill fellas , he hung in their pretty damn good at times at my door but I did end up about almost a full car ahead and slowly pulling when we shut it down. I have no doubt a pulley GT500 will pull me heck I think an intake & tune GT500 would probably edge me out..I'am sure I will run into another one soon.

You are a classy guy. Nevertheless, it was a nice kill even by half of a car.:beer:

imstock2

slow 12sec c6
Established Member
Great story sir! Sounds like a great race and about to be what I expected given the mods on both rides.

Franz

Speed Freak
Established Member
Great story sir! Sounds like a great race and about to be what I expected given the mods on both rides.

Mods on both rides? Sounds like the GT500 was bone stock from the post I read. Nevertheless, with just minor mods on the C6Z, still the outcome I expected. This puts both cars dead-nuts even in a stock vs. stock roll-on.

Nice kill OP. Great looking Z. :beer:

imstock2

slow 12sec c6
Established Member
He did say a performance package but stock none the less. I'm sorry I'm not familiar with mustangs. Bare with me!

Franz

Speed Freak
Established Member
He did say a performance package but stock none the less. I'm sorry I'm not familiar with mustangs. Bare with me!

No problem. I was just happy to hear that the C6Z wasn't stock after it pulled ahead. That's the last thread of hope I have left that a Mustang will finally hang with the Almighty Z! :lol1:

I will give props to GM that the LS7 is probably one of the best performance engines of all time. At the end of the day I will always prefer the power delivery of a naturally aspirated sportscar.

FNBADAZ06

Established Member
No problem. I was just happy to hear that the C6Z wasn't stock after it pulled ahead. That's the last thread of hope I have left that a Mustang will finally hang with the Almighty Z! :lol1:

I will give props to GM that the LS7 is probably one of the best performance engines of all time. At the end of the day I will always prefer the power delivery of a naturally aspirated sportscar.

Hey Franz !!!!

My car just went into the shop for a small leak I had at the transmission and decided to go ahead and have the clutch put in.......it needed it real bad for high speed freeway stuff as my clutch pedal was going to the floor when shifting into 5th gear (during HPDE's of course). Unfortunetly, for us going head to head stock, I'm also looking at putting on the longtubes while the shop is in replacing my motormounts. Traction has been a real issue with our cold road temps as of late....I'm sure you've been experiencing some slip and slide as of late as well :D

Anyways.....the car will have longtubes on it, with the stock tune, but we can still go out someday to have fun.

Franz

Speed Freak
Established Member
Hey Franz !!!!

My car just went into the shop for a small leak I had at the transmission and decided to go ahead and have the clutch put in.......it needed it real bad for high speed freeway stuff as my clutch pedal was going to the floor when shifting into 5th gear (during HPDE's of course). Unfortunetly, for us going head to head stock, I'm also looking at putting on the longtubes while the shop is in replacing my motormounts. Traction has been a real issue with our cold road temps as of late....I'm sure you've been experiencing some slip and slide as of late as well :D

Anyways.....the car will have longtubes on it, with the stock tune, but we can still go out someday to have fun.

Hey buddy- Sounds like a plan, but we'll have to wait until my '14 comes in since I just sold my '13 last week. I bought a stock '12 in the meantime to keep me from total withdrawal, but I might as well face the GoPro forward with that car trying to running a C6Z with longtubes, CAI, and DRs!! :burnout:

FNBADAZ06

Established Member
Hey buddy- Sounds like a plan, but we'll have to wait until my '14 comes in since I just sold my '13 last week. I bought a stock '12 in the meantime to keep me from total withdrawal, but I might as well face the GoPro forward with that car trying to running a C6Z with longtubes, CAI, and DRs!! :burnout:

LOL....damn, that was quick !!!!! I haven't been on this site in a while, so I'm not up to speed on the '14 model and any improvements. I'll have to get with you and get some feedback on your 2013 ownership experience, which may alter my future purchase plan as well. It really doesn't sound like anyone has figured out the clutch and LC on these cars yet....and the cold air doesn't seem to have proliferated all the 10 second time slips many were expecting.

Not sure you'll want to run me in a stock 2012.....but heck, I'll entertain you if you want. I ran a mildly modded 2012 from N.M in late December at S.W. ......he gave up at the 330 mark.

FYI .... ran last Saturday in the great air to see if I could better any PB's before the new clutch and all went in.

[email protected] on a 1.53 60' . :rockon:

Franz

Speed Freak
Established Member
LOL....damn, that was quick !!!!! I haven't been on this site in a while, so I'm not up to speed on the '14 model and any improvements. I'll have to get with you and get some feedback on your 2013 ownership experience, which may alter my future purchase plan as well. It really doesn't sound like anyone has figured out the clutch and LC on these cars yet....and the cold air doesn't seem to have proliferated all the 10 second time slips many were expecting.

Not sure you'll want to run me in a stock 2012.....but heck, I'll entertain you if you want. I ran a mildly modded 2012 from N.M in late December at S.W. ......he gave up at the 330 mark.

FYI .... ran last Saturday in the great air to see if I could better any PB's before the new clutch and all went in.

[email protected] on a 1.53 60' . :rockon:

10.80s?? Wow, nice work getting out of the hole! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread