raced a 13' GT500 with my C6Z--no vid!

gkviper192

Established Member
You want to run a '13 GT500 with the $125K modded blue C6ZR1 from that video? That's kind of like a senior in HS walking into the 8th grade boys locker room and asking who wants to fight. :lol1:

by shelby I mean't at least fullt bolt on '13 shelby because I know they make great power and definitely roll out.

gkviper192

Established Member
i wouldn't necessarily put money on my 680rwhp zr1 vs a 750rwhp geared '13 shelby with slicks. The '13s are very fast stock and can be extremely fast modded. I obviously have a weight advantage but I think that would be a good race.

Last edited:

Franz

Speed Freak
Established Member
by shelby I mean't at least fullt bolt on '13 shelby because I know they make great power and definitely roll out.

OK, that makes more sense. Your ZR1 should rip a stock '13 GT500 a new one from a 60-roll. Great looking car!

You from the Philly area? I sold my silver 2009 M3 coupe to a guy there who modded it over 600 hp. I'm pretty sure he street-races it.

STCobra

STREDEYE
Established Member
Nice kill by the Z but you gotta be impressed with a stock car hanging in with a lightweight, modded Corvette! That's very impressive too:)

gkviper192

Established Member
Nice kill by the Z but you gotta be impressed with a stock car hanging in with a lightweight, modded Corvette! That's very impressive too:)

I dont think a stock '13 shelby would hang with a stock zr1 at all from a roll.

STCobra

STREDEYE
Established Member
I think it would be close and can come down to driver mod.---bad ass driver in a Shelby vs. a mediocore driver in a ZR1----Shelby wins (I'm biased-lol) :banana:

gkviper192

Established Member
I think it would be close and can come down to driver mod.---bad ass driver in a Shelby vs. a mediocore driver in a ZR1----Shelby wins (I'm biased-lol) :banana:

i agree to disagree, The bolt on '13 Gt500 on That Racing Channel got beat by tune only zr1. Stock vs stock even with a mediocre driver in the zr1 id still say its pulls away easy. Definitely not close enough to be a drivers race... unless the guy in the Zr1 flat out sucked.

AWDLS2

Established Member

13s struggle to slightly pull stock Z06s, a ZR1 would rape a stock 13

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
i agree to disagree, The bolt on '13 Gt500 on That Racing Channel got beat by tune only zr1. Stock vs stock even with a mediocre driver in the zr1 id still say its pulls away easy. Definitely not close enough to be a drivers race... unless the guy in the Zr1 flat out sucked.

I think you need to watch that video again because with a mediocre driver that GT500 in that video would have won. ZR1 driver was driving his ass off and slowly pulling away.

gkviper192

Established Member
I think you need to watch that video again because with a mediocre driver that GT500 in that video would have won. ZR1 driver was driving his ass off and slowly pulling away.

I've watched the video plenty of times... That is a 700rwhp gt500 vs a tune only zr1 and he still gets beat.

That race isn't even what we were talking about. We were talking stock vs stock

I said "I dont think a stock '13 shelby would hang with a stock zr1 at all from a roll."

Than STCobra said "I think it would be close and can come down to driver mod.---bad ass driver in a Shelby vs. a mediocore driver in a ZR1----Shelby wins (I'm biased-lol)"

So just to give him the benefit of the doubt I compared a bolt on shelby to a tune only zr1 and he still gets walked.. not that bad... but he gets beat and hes making 100rwhp over stock.

Read the thread next time

Upheval

American Muscle Lover
Established Member
Thanks bro. As I said two American super cars battling. I don't get caught up in brand wars as I love all American cars.

Amen!:beer:

I got a friend that has a stock 08C6Z and we are going to run em when I get back state side. Should be a good race!:pop:

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
I've watched the video plenty of times... That is a 700rwhp gt500 vs a tune only zr1 and he still gets beat.

That race isn't even what we were talking about. We were talking stock vs stock

I said "I dont think a stock '13 shelby would hang with a stock zr1 at all from a roll."

Than STCobra said "I think it would be close and can come down to driver mod.---bad ass driver in a Shelby vs. a mediocore driver in a ZR1----Shelby wins (I'm biased-lol)"

So just to give him the benefit of the doubt I compared a bolt on shelby to a tune only zr1 and he still gets walked.. not that bad... but he gets beat and hes making 100rwhp over stock.

Read the thread next time
Ok I went back and read your previous post and I evidently misread it. My apologies.

res0n0xg

Established Member
stock zr1 and 13 gt500 should be close zr1 makes about 500rwhp stock, 13 gt500 about 600rwhp, so I imagine they'll be pretty close in most categories.

gkviper192

Established Member
stock zr1 and 13 gt500 should be close zr1 makes about 500rwhp stock, 13 gt500 about 600rwhp, so I imagine they'll be pretty close in most categories.

Zr1s make about *540rwhp not 500. Sorry buy a 60rwhp advantage does not make up for a nearly 500lb weight deficit.

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
looking to run a 13 gt500 with my Z !
I'll race you. If you're in Pa. we can set up a date at Atco this spring, preferably at a rental.
Once the weather clears a bit and the garage at my house in Jersey gets finished I'll be bringing one of the '13's up here. Both cars are bone stock. I figure that will be sometime in mid-late February.
We can run them legitimately, at the track, where there are no excuses. I only ran 11.3@127 my black '13 GT500 at Orlando Speedworld, so I should be easy pickings for your ZR1.
S.

gkviper192

Established Member
I'll race you. If you're in Pa. we can set up a date at Atco this spring, preferably at a rental.
Once the weather clears a bit and the garage at my house in Jersey gets finished I'll be bringing one of the '13's up here. Both cars are bone stock. I figure that will be sometime in mid-late February.
We can run them legitimately, at the track, where there are no excuses. I only ran 11.3@127 my black '13 GT500 at Orlando Speedworld, so I should be easy pickings for your ZR1.
S.

Sweet, I will definitely be hitting up atco in the spring as well.

Last edited:

Neverbdonegt

Established Member

AWDLS2

Established Member
Those same magazines usually all have Z06s in other issues doing the exact same times and traps as the GT500.

Plus that was a real world race in that thread so track times are irrelevant

Users who are viewing this thread