Raced 03-04 Cobra in Thousand Oaks?

Xjman1

Established Member
MKIVdan said:
So what are you trying to say? stock to stock the vr4 came with less power than your car, the car is 12 years older you have two more cylinders, bigger displacement, and a blower on top of that. and for the mods you have, a cat back exhaust and a drop in intake you are barely modified as you claim you are, so its true. im sure you beat a lot of cars on the street since the 03 cobra is no slouch and yes when he beats you, your mods are in order, clearly since the vr4 has many more upgrades. All the vr4 is saying is he wants to try you out with a friendly race. nothing more than that. But from my experiance i wouldnt even waste my time on a 03' with a catback exhaust and drop in intake. since i would drop by boost to 15-16psi and put my car back on pump gas and tear you apart especially if its a vert.

Damn, I just went through TO and did not see anyone. Yes I have a vert and would love to play once in a while although I am very cautious. I have respect for all cars as each has its own appeal. I am just not a big fan of large wings on the back, but then again one of my favorite cars is the Subaru WRX and was looking at one but why did they have to throw such a huge freakin wing on it? I used to tease my buddy that I was going to hang washable diapers on it so he can dry them as he drove around. All kidding aside when and where do you all meet?

MKIVdan

Established Member
We meet up randomly at times, we just call each other up and meet in a spot and get the video camera out. usually we have like 3-4 300zx's my supra and my bosses supra vr4 and other misc. cars next time we meet up ill shoot you a pm

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
MKIVdan said:
We meet up randomly at times, we just call each other up and meet in a spot and get the video camera out. usually we have like 3-4 300zx's my supra and my bosses supra vr4 and other misc. cars next time we meet up ill shoot you a pm
I will definately come out in a few months and ensure the domestics take some wins. :pop:

Xjman1

Established Member
Quick VR4 said:
i wouldn't be too sure of that

Not even "some wins"? Are you guys that darn good? :-D Do not even know you yet and you are scaring me. Guess I need to spend more time in TO to see all the bad ass cars. :D

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
Xjman1 said:
Not even "some wins"? Are you guys that darn good? :-D Do not even know you yet and you are scaring me. Guess I need to spend more time in TO to see all the bad ass cars. :D
2 more cylinders and bigger turbos... :pepper:

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
996TTx50 said:
Can I join in the festivities? I am 15 mins East of TO. I only have a puny 3.6l, but Ill try to keep pace.

996TTx50
I got my money on this car. :read:

So, Craig, when can I have a ride?

996TTx50

Established Member
Quick VR4 said:
craigs car is fast...have seen it in action
Thanks for the kind words. FWIW, my car is completely different from when you previously saw it . . . completely different inside and out.

996TTx50

Last edited:

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
996TTx50 said:
You can have a ride whever you want . . . give me a call.

996TTx50
I'll give you a ring when I've got some time (next couple of weeks). I am super busy w/ school and extra curricular activities right now.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
996TTx50 said:
You can have a ride whever you want . . . give me a call.

996TTx50

Craig,

I ran you in my Cobra back when I was stock.... haha I still wouldn't run it again today :rockon: :rockon:

MKIVdan

Established Member
Ah craig, the good old 996. I def remember the time you raced that pit bull vette and give him four cars out of the hole and still crapped on him. that was a good race. You also raced my buddys 300zx and my buddys red supra in oxnard. Remember the race from a roll with the red supra?

EDIT = so everyone wants to get a meet together in Thousand oaks? im down for the meet. Craig- you should bring kesler out too! havent seen him in a while. If you guys are down for a meet my number is 805-298-9673 give me a buzz and we'll get a bunch of cars together.

Last edited:

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
MKIVdan said:
Ah craig, the good old 996. I def remember the time you raced that pit bull vette and give him four cars out of the hole and still crapped on him. that was a good race. You also raced my buddys 300zx and my buddys red supra in oxnard. Remember the race from a roll with the red supra?

EDIT = so everyone wants to get a meet together in Thousand oaks? im down for the meet. Craig- you should bring kesler out too! havent seen him in a while. If you guys are down for a meet my number is 805-298-9673 give me a buzz and we'll get a bunch of cars together.
I am down for a meet, but my car will not be ready.

Xjman1

Established Member
Depending on when it is I ma down for a meet. My weekends are pretty well shot, unless everyone wants to meet at Meieval Times on October 9th? A few Mustangs are talking of meeting there on Stangfreak.com

JeromeMach1

Established Member
I would like to meet up with you guys as well. It's been a while since I have seen some of you. I am getting my car tuned Saturday. Is Sunday lunch good for anyone? Pick a place.

Jerome

Users who are viewing this thread