Raced 03-04 Cobra in Thousand Oaks?

Quick VR4

Established Member
There was a silver 03 cobra that had some races on the freeway after leaving the local BJ's. He ran my car and my buddies black supra.Anyone know who that was. It had exhaust for sure, and vortech sticker on it. It also had nitto tires.

WTF

law abiding citizen
Established Member
Quick VR4 said:
There was a silver 03 cobra that had some races on the freeway after leaving the local BJ's. He ran my car and my buddies black supra.Anyone know who that was. It had exhaust for sure, and vortech sticker on it. It also had nitto tires.

Did you lose? :-D

MKIVdan

Established Member
Ya we ran into that cobra after a good night at BJ's he followed me out of the parking lot and onto the 101 fwy. I believe the vr4 and 300zx lost by a car to the cobra but when i raced him from a 2nd gear roll on the freeway about 65mph i pulled him from the get go and leaded onto about 7 car lengths at 130mph or so. Just wanna figure out who the guy is since he was way cool and gave us thumbs up hopefully come and have some fun with a lot of other cars we know.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
I would say it wasn't an 03/04...that is the only vortech kit running around since it is still in the prototype stages and he was the test pilot.

MKIVdan

Established Member
Just becasue had a vortech sticker doesnt mean he had a vortech kit on the car. it was def. 03/04 cobra. The typical charger whinning from it the 03 wing the 03 front the 03 wheels and the distinct looking exhaust and def wounded like an 03 cobra. sure as hell one fast cobra.

ForceFedZ32

SRT Handz said:
I <3 Terminator Cobras

I Dont <3 Supras.....they are really heavy

Shows how big peoples mouths are when they dont know shit...make sure u know facts before you make yourself look like a retard. The cobra def. was 03/04 and there was also a sticker at the bottom of the hatch glass that said 81.

Last edited:

Quick VR4

Established Member
Dgussin said:
I would say it wasn't an 03/04...that is the only vortech kit running around since it is still in the prototype stages and he was the test pilot.
are u kidding me. i heard the damn wine from the root blower. We checked out the car. it was terminator. the car was obviously on stock blower. cause otherwise i wouldn't be able to keep within a car.

Last edited:

Quick VR4

Established Member
SRT Handz said:
I <3 Terminator Cobras

I Dont <3 Supras.....they are really heavy
yah so are cobras. thanks for trying to change the topic of this thread though. It is always the guys who do not even own the cars being talked about who say the most un educated things. anyone else ever notice that?

SRT Handz

Banned
the shop i work at has a dyno. and we track tested a heavly modded 1-JZ supra and a 03 cobra cause of bets going around the shop. In the end the cobra ended up pulling a better power to weight ratio and track tresting showed up that on a road course we like the stang better.

Supra are cool as hell, i alwasy liked them, but latley the 'Like" Factor kinda faded. Super are tight. Really sports car

Last edited:

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
Quick VR4 said:
are u kidding me. i heard the damn wine from the root blower. We checked out the car. it was terminator. the car was obviously on stock blower. cause otherwise i wouldn't be able to keep within a car.
why are you getting so defesive? All I said was that if it was a vortech and it wasn't the one I mentioned above then it wasn't an 03-04 cobra. Now you're saying it's an eaton car...u need to get your story straight, bud.

SRT Handz

Banned
from what i know Vortec only makes centrifical Superchargers.

....the only other thing i could think of that has to do with "Vortec" are the Vortec GM truck engine. Motor Swapped???

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
SRT Handz said:
from what i know Vortec only makes centrifical Superchargers.

....the only other thing i could think of that has to do with "Vortec" are the Vortec GM truck engine. Motor Swapped???
vortech and vortec are not the same. :beer:

Quick VR4

Established Member
yah vortec is the gm truck engine thing. I ma not getting defensive. I jsut assumed when u said it wasn't an 03-04 that u were trying to infer that there was no way it was an 03-4 becasue my frineds car beat it and that i lost by 1 car on 14.5psi. thats the way i took the statement.

Also i would hope the cobra end up making more power because it is newer designed car and also is a v8.

Last edited:

03DOHC

Established Member
ForceFedZ32 said:
Shows how big peoples mouths are when they dont know shit...make sure u know facts before you make yourself look like a retard. The cobra def. was 03/04 and there was also a sticker at the bottom of the hatch glass that said 81.
OK don't start shit and don't be an asshole when correcting people's information, right or wrong.

All you new people, if you haven't read the rules I suggest you do.

Users who are viewing this thread