quick question..what did you use to lower your car.

what did you use to lower your car

• Eibach Pro-kit

Votes: 42 16.3%
  • Eibach Cobra R springs

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Steeda Cobra sport springs

Votes: 28 10.9%
  • H&R springs

Votes: 105 40.9%
  • Coil-overs

Votes: 24 9.3%
  • other

Votes: 56 21.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

davidmax

Established Member
I had Eibach Sportline lowering springs on all 4 wheels.I just switched
to a 8.8" solid rear and I changed the rear to Hal coil overs and I just cant wait to drive her,Dave Smilovic

Killer Cobra

Established Member
H&R's and smashed crossmember into oil pan causing a bearing to spin. I hit a rock dead on. $6k later, new short block guts and I'm keeping the springs. Bad luck just sucks!

Hunter6

Established Member
Those of you who have done springs post the amount of drop you experienced. It would be interesting to compare different springs.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
H&R WITH urethane isolators dropped me 1.5 in front and 1.75 rear. I didn't change my driving habbits and have no problems with pot holes or other obstacles to date. I was told by MM wihtOUT isolators the front would drop another .75" and be way too low. Setup works on stock C/C plates thus far.

cobra4v

Hooked On SVT
Established Member
I have H&R Race springs on my Cobra. I would say it dropped it one inch.

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
yep i'm doing the same exact setup aaron is (03yllwguy). his car looks bad ass and it's my background pick on my computer at work. the important thing is getting the urethane isolators.

03yllwguy said:
H&R WITH urethane isolators dropped me 1.5 in front and 1.75 rear. I didn't change my driving habbits and have no problems with pot holes or other obstacles to date. I was told by MM wihtOUT isolators the front would drop another .75" and be way too low. Setup works on stock C/C plates thus far.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Yup, Supersports with MM Isolators all 4 corners..

JoeNashville

Ghostrider
Established Member
Cut stock, rides and handles great with even fenderwell gap all around. Cut .5 coil front and rear. (Not my car in sig)

jeb

Established Member
i have mac lt headers and i want the h&r race springs.will this combo be trouble???????????????

csumt76

Established Member
I just ordered the H&R SS and MM isolators..... before reading this thread lol.

I dont really like how the MM CC plates look though, so I didn't buy those.

Sonik Blur

]V[EGADET]-[
Established Member
I've got H&R Super Sport springs with rear MM isolators and I scrape everything on God's green earth. My passenger side tailpipe is bent all to hell and now my 315 Nittos with a 30mm H&R spacer are rubbing on the fender, chewing up my tire. Whould I do it again? Hell yes.

-Mike

shznit

shznit
Established Member
Avoid Eibach like the plague!!!!

I originally ordered the H&R's for my car (right after they went on backorder). MM called me & told me, then persuaded me that the Eibach Pro-Kit would be a suitable substitute. NOPE! I purchased the urethane isolators to replace the factory ones & installed them.. the front went down & looks good.. but the back looks the same/or even worse than before. I emailed MM - no help. Called Eibach, and they tried to have me make sure the rear bushings weren't preloaded, etc... everything is fine. So now I'm out the installation cost, and still need to lower the vehicle right (not to mention $$ is a little tight from the 1st round of mods).

Anyhoo.. curious what part #'s you guys are using from H&R. I show in their catalog they offer the Sport (51659) & Race (51659-88), and no IRS option for the Super Sports?

Thanks for the venting/info.

Damon
'04 Oxford Cobra :bash:

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Cut stock springs about 3/4 a coil all around....rides, handles, transfers weight just like stock...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread