quick question..what did you use to lower your car.

what did you use to lower your car

• Eibach Pro-kit

Votes: 42 16.3%
  • Eibach Cobra R springs

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Steeda Cobra sport springs

Votes: 28 10.9%
  • H&R springs

Votes: 105 40.9%
  • Coil-overs

Votes: 24 9.3%
  • other

Votes: 56 21.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
Koni coil over conversion 350/500.
There is a point of diminishing returns, besides bottoming the front set up over rough roads.

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
96stanggt said:
Cut stock springs about 3/4 a coil all around....rides, handles, transfers weight just like stock...
Apex motorsports told me a good rule of thumb is (at least the front) 27" from the flat part of the fenderwell (closest to the tire) to the ground.

sssvtcobra

Established Member
I have installed MM's front and rear coilovers with bilsteins, and it's not that hard. I just rented the spring compressor from Autozone for the rear springs. The rear took me about 2.5 hours from start to finish. The fronts took a little longer since I also installed the C/C plates. From start to finish it took me about and a friend about 4 hours. But we ran into a few problems. First the stock bolt for the passenger strut cross threaded itself on to the new strut for the coilover. So we had to tap that out. Second one of my lugnuts got cross threaded onto the bolt. So we had to fight to get that off. Luckily he had a spare new lugbolt and lugnut. The sad thing is that my local tire shop was the last ones that put them on. So they gave me a new set of locking lug nuts, since that's the one that was cross threaded.

Overall it's a pretty easy install. Lowered the car 1.5" all around.

Venimus03

Established Member
Kafn8td said:
H&R Race for me, installed on Sat.

Your has a nice stance to it, it doesnt look toooo low. Are the H&R Race springs less of a drop the the SuperSports? How do you like it so far?

Also all you guys with lowering springs did you notice any differences in your 60fts? Did they get worse? Why kind of 60fts does everyone cut with there lowering springs?

98tacoma

Banned
How many of you added new shocks when you put springs in? I don't hear much about that as much as I did with my '96 (where it almost seemed critical).

BadMoFo

Get Some!
Established Member
subscribing. I was thinking h&r race springs so its not to low but lower, and I dont want any tire rub issues also someday plan on the long tubes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread