quick question..what did you use to lower your car.

what did you use to lower your car

• Eibach Pro-kit

Votes: 42 16.3%
  • Eibach Cobra R springs

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Steeda Cobra sport springs

Votes: 28 10.9%
  • H&R springs

Votes: 105 40.9%
  • Coil-overs

Votes: 24 9.3%
  • other

Votes: 56 21.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

lifter213

Established Member
Please take a second to vote on what you used to lower your 03. I was just curious because there are alot of suspension threads and it would be nice to have what everyone used in one poll. If its not listed just post it and i'll add it.

Juiced-03

Established Member
Hey Keith, I have the H&R springs on mine. I also had them on my 01 cobra as well. They gave me the look I wanted and the performance as well. I believe they are the lowest springs you can buy for these 03's. They are somewhat stiff, but well worth what you get in return. If I could do it again, I would definitely buy them again! I bought mine from the tirerack.com. Looks like in your sig you already have coilovers though??

lifter213

Established Member
The coil-overs arent on yet and i'm not sure if i want the headache of putting them on. And i got to thinking i really just need springs and caster/camber plates for what i use the car for. I'd be happy with just those so i'm not going to mess with the coil-overs. I think I know which springs I want I just wanted to see what percent of the board used what.

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Just received shipment of:

FRPP (800 lb/in) #M-5310-R00
FRPP (750 lb/in) #M-5560-R00

Pyro

Established Member
Originally posted by ox03
Just received shipment of:

FRPP (800 lb/in) #M-5310-R00
FRPP (750 lb/in) #M-5560-R00

Adam,
How low is that going to lower your Cobra? Also, how much did they run you?

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Originally posted by Pyro
How low is that going to lower your Cobra?
I should have a definite answer for you by Saturday :rolling: .

Also, how much did they run you?
Cheap, cheap. You have a PM, Randy ;-) .

roushraven

zzzZZzz
Established Member
Roush Cobra: H&R Sports with MM CC plates
Cobra Vert: Steeda Sports with factory CC plates

NightEnforcer

Established Member
I installed a Maximum Motorsports coil over set up, and MM Caster camber plates. Can set the car up any way I choose. Handles like a rocket sled on rails. Do a coil over set up you will not be sorry.

maoun

Established Member
adam, is it just me or do you hear bruce griggs calling your name during the night.....from the looks of your recent purchase, it IS just me! hehehe

enjoy the springs man.

m.

Farmer-Ted

I pooped a little.
Established Member
Originally posted by lifter213
The coil-overs arent on yet and i'm not sure if i want the headache of putting them on. And i got to thinking i really just need springs and caster/camber plates for what i use the car for. I'd be happy with just those so i'm not going to mess with the coil-overs. I think I know which springs I want I just wanted to see what percent of the board used what.
Do the coil over! I just put on the MM kit. No headache, the install was actually easier than regular springs. This was my first coilover install, I've done several regular spring install in IRS Mustangs - Much easier. You don't have to fight to compress the new rear springs to install them! And you have total control over ride height, etc...

matrix

MikeC,

How do you like the MM coilovers?? Also do you get them for the front and back? How much did you lower it in the front and back? Did you get 350lbs for the front and 450lbs for the rear? I was thinking about purchasing the MM coilovers my self.

Brad

Banned
Someone should make it clear that while the H&R's look awesome on our cobras they are horrible for street use. Expect to bottom out over every single small speed bump and rue the day you're at highway speeds and hit a big dip, it wont be pretty. If you install the H&R springs it means having to be extra careful about how you drive the car. If you end up on street with raised man holes just turn around, the car wont clear em.:eek:

NightEnforcer

Established Member
I installed MM coilovers front and rear, caster camber plates etc. . Lowered 1 1/8" in front and 1" in the rear. Car handles much better. No problems on the freeways or in town except at speed bumps. I approach those from an angle. When lowered you must watch the parking bumpers or you will hit them with the front spoiler. The car is stiffer and you do feel the bumps in the road more. However, I was willing to give up a little better ride for much much better handling and much better overall appearance. Mustangs just look better lowered about an 1"

jfclague

Established Member
I have the H&R Springs on my '03 and I love the look. They are a little stiffer than stock but not excessive. I wanted to go with the coilover setup but didn't want to spend the money so I just bought the springs. I also put the Steeda Ball Joint Kit and MM Caster/Camber Plates.

bimmerboy

Established Member
Originally posted by jfclague
I have the H&R Springs on my '03 and I love the look. They are a little stiffer than stock but not excessive. I wanted to go with the coilover setup but didn't want to spend the money so I just bought the springs. I also put the Steeda Ball Joint Kit and MM Caster/Camber Plates.

Also, please note that when using the H&R sports, the rear went down more than the front. That's why I used Steeda X2s to lower the front somemore and get the stance totally even. My 01 sits 26 1/4" from ground to fender lip on all 4 corners. This is with 275/35/18 wheels.

03BlownSnake

SVT Tech
Established Member
Originally posted by roushraven
Roush Cobra: H&R Sports with MM CC plates
Cobra Vert: Steeda Sports with factory CC plates
You have any pictures of the Roush cobra you could share? I would like to see it :)

roushcobra03

Established Member
roushraven, do you scrape your mufflers on everything? I've got the Roush side exhoust on mine and I scrape all the time with stock springs

roushraven

zzzZZzz
Established Member
As a matter of fact I do if I'm not too careful or if I'm on an unfamiliar road. By the way I sent you a pm.

Arthur

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread