Quick opinion on car purchase

DiB14-SAFD

Established Member
So my buddy found a car he is interested in buying and it seems like it might be a good deal but I wanted some other opinions. I don’t have time to go look at it with him so all I have is what he sent me on it.

It’s a 2017 GT premium with track pack. No accidents reported with one owner who appears to be local pd based on the stickers. Asking price is 30k firm.
It has 27k miles.

Attachments

• 72672617928__53E2C5A2-1F9F-4852-889E-2BE1685832E4.jpeg
    72672617928__53E2C5A2-1F9F-4852-889E-2BE1685832E4.jpeg
    442.7 KB · Views: 142
  • 72672623441__759EDD01-15CC-46F1-88AC-6E9B69F4FB14.jpeg
    72672623441__759EDD01-15CC-46F1-88AC-6E9B69F4FB14.jpeg
    584.3 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:

IA Shelby

Established Member
So my buddy found a car he is interested in buying and it seems like it might be a good deal but I wanted some other opinions. I don’t have time to go look at it with him so all I have is what he sent me on it.

It’s a 2017 GT premium with track pack. No accidents reported with one owner who appears to be local pd based on the stickers. Asking price is 30k firm.
It has 27k miles.
Does your buddy have enough of a $$ rainy day fund built up in case something goes wrong with the heavily modded car?

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
If it truly is, technically it's called a performance pack (PP), not track pack. If it is, it would be listed on the window sticker. IIRC in 2017, it was ~$3k add on. My '20 PP1 was $5k, and worth every penny imho.

Kinda threw me at first that it has PP2 wheels. Then I saw them listed in the mods. PP2 did not come out until 2018.

As Jessie mentioned above, unless your buddy is familiar with modded cars, I'd pass. Price seems reasonable.

This '17 is a Gen2 Coyote. If he can swing it, I'd recommend that your buddy look for a Gen3. Those will be '18-'23.

IMG_2382.jpeg

Here's a listing of changes G1, G2, & G3:

Here's another:

Last edited:

DiB14-SAFD

Established Member
Does your buddy have enough of a $$ rainy day fund built up in case something goes wrong with the heavily modded car?
Yes he could swing a repair if needed and has other vehicles to drive.

@Lambeau The car does have a long mod list but at a glance there are only a couple things that are invasive which are the cams and the MMR parts. Everything else is minor bolt ons really. He probably wouldn’t do anything else to the car mod wise and he doesn’t go to the track.

DiB14-SAFD

Established Member
Personally I don’t like those tail lights. Lol. But other than that I like the mods and the color. Seems like a fair asking price to me if it’s in a very good condition or better.
I agree on a lot of the cosmetic stuff that he has on there. I told him to find out if it comes with any stock parts.

bird_dog0347

Established Member
I dislike the window louvers and the tail lights (maybe it comes with the stock ones?), and I'd want to know what shop did the work and the tune and maybe make a call to that shop and ask them if they remember the car.

robvas

Established Member
Does he really want what is almost a max effort NA car? I would guess it has lead a "fun" life

DiB14-SAFD

Established Member
I dislike the window louvers and the tail lights (maybe it comes with the stock ones?), and I'd want to know what shop did the work and the tune and maybe make a call to that shop and ask them if they remember the car.
I agree on the louvers and lights. Good suggestion on finding out who did the work. There aren’t a lot of places close by that I would personally trust so we shall see.

DiB14-SAFD

Established Member
Does he really want what is almost a max effort NA car? I would guess it has lead a "fun" life
Buying a used mustang of any sort I would expect it to have been ran hard a few times. As far as my buddy goes I think he would be happy with the current level of performance and probably never do anything further. He likes the fact that all the exhaust and transmission work is done for him, the other mods are just kinda bonus.

Users who are viewing this thread