Question From A Noob (Terminator Inquiry)

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Every now and then I have a good memory. That’s good you gave the okay to buy with confidence. Maybe you can give the sales man you used in the past to not only help him with commission, and help ease OP mind.

For sure. I forget his name. Younger Hispanic dude. Tell him that the guy from Minnesota that bought the inferno orange c6zr1 gave you his contact. His cell phone number is +469-381-4788

LS WUT

Established Member
Thanks Dan. Better hope that thing is tuned with that pulley. BBK intake is pitted to hell, and looks like a Steeda idler maybe.
You’re welcome, I noticed that too. That intake looks beat to hell, and the exhaust looks bad. I know I’m anal about stuff like that, but damn it looks rough, and crooked.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
You’re welcome, I noticed that too. That intake looks beat to hell, and the exhaust looks bad. I know I’m anal about stuff like that, but damn it looks rough, and crooked.
I saw that. Car is running and the vacuum looks about right, but might have some kind of make believe A/F gauge. Hard to tell though.

01yellercobra

Established Member
The "wideband" looks like the ones the people used to use that run off the narrow bands. They're just a light show really.

I think most of us would end up changing the CAI. At least I know I would. The exhaust looks like how it comes from Borla to me. Not the polished set up us OCD types have to have.

LS WUT

Established Member
The "wideband" looks like the ones the people used to use that run off the narrow bands. They're just a light show really.

I think most of us would end up changing the CAI. At least I know I would. The exhaust looks like how it comes from Borla to me. Not the polished set up us OCD types have to have.
Took it off to be polished lol

Attachments

• IMG_7674.jpeg
    IMG_7674.jpeg
    314.9 KB · Views: 52

SsnakeSVT03

Established Member
Doesn’t look like it was really kept clean. I have never seen those BBK intakes rust or pit that bad.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
My car came with a 2.8 pulley, intake, catback and no tune. Ran fine. Didn’t take me long to get it tuned though.

A cobra as a DD…no way. Buy an S197 GT.

Lol, DD for over a decade. Had the dumb idea to cut through Manhattan on a Memorial day weekend with no AC in a black car. Changed my perspective.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I daily'd my 01 for about 10 years. From stock to a big bore with a D1. It was a lot of fun and pissed off a lot of soccer moms. I'm a little older now and deal with a little more traffic so I enjoy my automatics.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
I daily'd my 01 for about 10 years. From stock to a big bore with a D1. It was a lot of fun and pissed off a lot of soccer moms. I'm a little older now and deal with a little more traffic so I enjoy my automatics.

99.9% loaded F150 all day, some much more enjoyable if you're not a mission to find trouble. But it is fun to take to get groceries from time to time for that exact reason. Just the looks of hate.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
I DD my 2001 GT with a procharger. It was fun but after switching to my 97 Lincoln TC, I knew I couldn’t daily an SN95/New Edge.

Fun as hell, but definitely reach a point of "well I checked this of my bucket list". NY does not help, how many times do I have to stop, is traffic coming to a full stop? Was not fun with a 60+ minute 20 mile commute to work.

wckdvnm

Established Member
I agree with the above; DD a terminator is do-able. BUT they get way too much attention from the wrong people these days.
Would I daily my terminator again? Absolutely, but only in my small town I live in now. These cars are 19-20 years old and will need TLC for major systems such as A/C, even at low miles. They are getting old and if you don’t want to spend the money to update the interior it will feel dated. Not sure if any other owner noticed this but the footwells get unbelievably hot in traffic over 100+ degrees ambient even with A/C on; maybe it was only my car maybe not. But my feet would be roasting.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

efnfast

Established Member
I've been DD'ing my 04 cobra since 2007ish. 250k+ miles; in the winter I throw on some blizzaks and away I go, even when it's -50* outside and snow up to your knees

The only non-consumables maintenance I've had to do is throwout bearingx6 (may as well as be consumable), pinion sealsx2, replace roll pin in transmission that wallowed out, fuel tank grommet, fuel tank filler neck that rusted out, rear spindle when I let the axle nut get/stay loose for 1000 miles and coolant crossover tube that rusted out.

My rear fenders rusted through (damn Canadian winters) so I replaced front/rear fenders and doors and windshield moulding with carbon fiber pieces so they can never rust on me again

Believe it or not I'm still on the original clutch that came with the car. Looks like it can go another 200k miles.

Ignoring consumables, mods and the carbon fiber body pieces (which were completely optional and only because I didn't want to do a cut/weld job on the panels and have them rusting again in a few years) I don't think i've spent anymore than like $2000 on maintenance in 250k+ miles.

An 03/04 is a fun/easy/cheap car to daily drive. Most people see it as just another mustang so you stay under the radar most of the time, but enthusiasts know what it is

Users who are viewing this thread