Pullied Cobra vs Supercharged SRT-8 Challenger

rattlesnake3:16

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member
I agree...1 car isn't murder but it is murder on your pockets considering it costs over 10k more. the result should be the other way around for a 10k price difference. but some people just like the dodges...they'll defend them to the death like some of us do mustangs. I understand that...but facts are facts. I agree if I paid over 40 grand for a car and got beat by a car in the same class that has a much smaller engine and costs much less I'd be mad too...

i like the challenger they are cool cars and look great but still over priced but as you said facts are facts

OneBadWS6

Established Member
5.0>srt8 a win is a win if I spent that much I'd be mad that 5.0 beat me. If you want all the bells and whistles get a gt premium which is still cheaper than a srt8

That is about the dumbest nut swinger comment I have read. :nonono:
Murder isnt 1 car length and trust me I dont know anyone that owns an SRT8 that would be mad about losing to a 5.0, the car is well respected. We dont buy SRT8's just for speed. Thats what the viper is for. A tune and an intake will put the 6.1 right with a stock 5.0, mod for mod the 6.1 cant hang until you start to build them but I dont like mustangs at all so even if I lose to one I still wouldnt drive it but thats me :lol1:

Last edited:

OneBadWS6

Established Member
i like the challenger they are cool cars and look great but still over priced but as you said facts are facts

Ok guy since you know it all. We :lol: at people like you on the Mopar forums. Price means nothing. We pay 40K+ for cars that come with more options then a mustang rather you like it or not. the 392 is still faster then the 5.0 stock for stock all while being 4200lbs and being an all around better car period and that is a fact. I would still take a pre 392 over any 5.0 or 03 Cobra. No Mopar guys are going to lose any sleep because a guy with a mustang thinks we over pay...

Last edited:

2K1 SVT

Established Member
That is about the dumbest nut swinger comment I have read. :nonono:
Murder isnt 1 car length and trust me I dont know anyone that owns an SRT8 that would be mad about losing to a 5.0, the car is well respected. We dont buy SRT8's just for speed. Thats what the viper is for. A tune and an intake will put the 6.1 right with a stock 5.0, mod for mod the 6.1 cant hang but I dont like mustangs at all so even if I lose to one I still wouldnt drive it but thats me :lol1:

So why are you here?

Ok guy since you know it all. We :lol: at people like you on the Mopar forums. Price means nothing. We pay 40K+ for cars that come with more options then a mustang rather you like it or not. the 392 is still faster then the 5.0 stock for stock all while being 4200lbs and being an all around better car period and that is a fact. I would still take a pre 392 over any 5.0 or 03 Cobra

Lol maybe if the only contest is a straight line lolz. A challenger will NOT out handle a new 5.0. The boss is closer to the price range of the 392 so why don't you compare those two :thumbsup:

2K1 SVT

Established Member
You know OneBad exaggerates a little so why knit pick? You been here long enough to know how things go around here remember? You both said the result will be the same any way you try to slice it.

You should really stop trying to prove me wrong, it's not working out for you. Read the fanboys comments below....

No exaggerating here. A properly setup boosted 6.1 should have no problem with a pullied cobra from a roll. Ive seen it enough times to know. Never a magnacharged but a KB and procharged.

OneBadWS6

Established Member
So why are you here?

Lol maybe if the only contest is a straight line lolz. A challenger will NOT out handle a new 5.0. The boss is closer to the price range of the 392 so why don't you compare those two :thumbsup:

considering the boss only runs a 12.1 (record) and the 392 runs 12.2 I would say its closer from a dig then you think :whine:

OneBadWS6

Established Member
You should really stop trying to prove me wrong, it's not working out for you. Read the fanboys comments below....

Right and what do you drive again....a bolt on 01 Cobra :lol1: and your the same guy that said you would beat me and you had less mods then the mach 1...

2K1 SVT

Established Member
considering the boss only runs a 12.1 (record) and the 392 runs 12.2 I would say its closer from a dig then you think :whine:

Yeah and then you can actually tune the Boss, it has forged internals so you can push 800whp and will run circles around the 392 at a race track. Try again sweat heart, the 392 looks nice but is outclassed by everything else in its price range because it's a pig :thumbsup:

Last edited:

2K1 SVT

Established Member
Right and what do you drive again....a bolt on 01 Cobra :lol1: and your the same guy that said you would beat me and you had less mods then the mach 1...

Again who said that I was just a bolt on cobra?

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
the challenger and charger are way more comfortable than any mustang on the ford dealership lot..... sorry but the challenger and chargers, arent designed to be nimble sports car, their designed to be MUSCLE CARS...and MUSCLE CARS are heavy powerful cars... but comfortable... if you want looks, comfort and power, without the high price tag of an import... MOPAR is where its at...

Oh and they look the best out of the BIG 3

PS: my next car is a gt500...

OneBadWS6

Established Member
Yeah and then you can actually tune the Boss, it has forged internals so you can push 800whp and will run circles around the 392 at a race track. Try again sweat heart, the 392 looks nice but is outclassed by everything else in its price range because it's a pig :thumbsup:

you can get near 800rwhp with the 6.1 im sure the 392 can do it with some work so try again fan boy

OneBadWS6

Established Member
the challenger and charger are way more comfortable than any mustang on the ford dealership lot..... sorry but the challenger and chargers, arent designed to be nimble sports car, their designed to be MUSCLE CARS...and MUSCLE CARS are heavy powerful cars... but comfortable... if you want looks, comfort and power, without the high price tag of an import... MOPAR is where its at...

This pretty much sums it up :beer:

Last edited:

2K1 SVT

Established Member
you can get near 800rwhp with the 6.1 im sure the 392 can do it with some work so try again fan boy

Getting close means pushing the limits, I'm sure that the boss could go to 1000whp if someone really wanted to push it, plus no tuning for your beloved 392, just give it up fanboy troll :nonono:

you did in a previous thread you said "I wouldn't get dragged like that and I have less mods then your mach does"

I said when I was a bolt on cobra I wouldn't have gotten dragged that bad, although you could still call me a bolt on cobra in a way :banana:

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member

Not trying to prove you wrong at all, I'm saying I believe he means the SRT8 will pull a couple cars:shrug: As you said I could be wrong though

2K1 SVT

Established Member
Not trying to prove you wrong at all, I'm saying I believe he means the SRT8 will pull a couple cars:shrug: As you said I could be wrong though

A couple cars isnt that close, I'm saying a car at most. How could you not tell the difference between what he and I were saying?

2KBlackGT

Established Member
5.0>srt8 a win is a win if I spent that much I'd be mad that 5.0 beat me. If you want all the bells and whistles get a gt premium which is still cheaper than a srt8

As said the 392SRT8 is a tad bit faster then the 5.0 and a tad bit slower than the Boss. So basically they're all a drivers race

Again who said that I was just a bolt on cobra?

So what's done to your 01 Cobra to have you so confident?

This,

I would have rather stayed with Ford but they offer nothing that compared to the SRT8 Charger

2KBlackGT

Established Member
A couple cars isnt that close, I'm saying a car at most. How could you not tell the difference between what he and I were saying?

To me a couple cars is close, it means driver error can make the difference. Now 3+ cars leaves room for error to the faster car.

2K1 SVT

Established Member
To me a couple cars is close, it means driver error can make the difference. Now 3+ cars leaves room for error to the faster car.

Fr what he said it seems like he thinks that it'll be 3+ cars and my mods are just a V6 swap ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread