Pullied Cobra vs Supercharged SRT-8 Challenger

04ssssvt

04ssssvt
Established Member
Hey guys,
So my friend just got his challenger back from Livernois Motorsports and he put down 513/508 with a Magnacharger. I have an 04 cobra with a pulley making 441/464 with 3.73's. What do you guys think the outcome will be? I think it will be a close race but I wanted to see what you guys thought before it went down. Any thoughts?

Defknotzero

Established Member
hmmm.. Idk, i would say it would be close with maybe a little edge to him. What's the weight on those again?

04Mach1Blurr

1st GT500 M122 Eaton Mach
Established Member
Take him from a low roll, like 30mph in 2nd or 25 in 1st and you should be able to out pull with the weight difference. Out of the hole will be hard unless you've got some good tires, and higher mph his weight isn't as much as a factor.

rrpederson

lookin 4 parts
Established Member
I don't usually post here but I thought those new challengers are very heavy. Something like 4200 lbs or so, depending on the year. I would say the OP has a pretty good shot.

04ssssvt

04ssssvt
Established Member
I just ordered a brand new set of MT's 315/35/17 and they should be on the car by Thursday! According to MotorTrend, his car weighs about 4,200 lbs.

04ssssvt

04ssssvt
Established Member
He got the car back yesterday and he took me for a ride. The power isn't as instant as an an eaton but it pulls very hard once it get's going...

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Don't know who'll win but it sounds like it will be a damn good race. Please get it on video.

ramstein

Established Member
I'd say if you both shift fast he will still pull on you a little. If he was auto i think you would be toast.

Last edited:

03cobrarocks

Established Member
What tires is srt gona be rolling on? Ever Challenger I have seen has been on street tires with tires that look about as wide as an average womans foot.

OneBadWS6

Established Member
with his setup he should pull on you pretty easily from a roll. But without knowing if he can drive you may have the edge.

04ssssvt

04ssssvt
Established Member
Will definitely get it on film. He has the factory tires on the car but it hooks in second no problem.

2K1 SVT

Established Member
with his setup he should pull on you pretty easily from a roll. But without knowing if he can drive you may have the edge.

Lol why because its an SRT8 it just makes up for the fact that it weighs a lot more?

OP it should be a good run, with equal drivers he should pull you a bit but it should be close regardless.

OneBadWS6

Established Member
Lol why because its an SRT8 it just makes up for the fact that it weighs a lot more?

OP it should be a good run, with equal drivers he should pull you a bit but it should be close regardless.

No because Ive seen SRT8's with less mods beat pullied cobras. A 100 shot can get it done and the magnacharger will be pretty much the same if not better.

For example

Ported, Pullied, 03 Cobra on 15 psi with exhaust tune and DR's
300 SRT8 (heavier then the challenger) on 100 shot with a tune and DR's
TERMINATION Cobra vs BLACKHEART Srt8 Chrysler 300! - YouTube

Users who are viewing this thread