Pullied Cobra vs Supercharged SRT-8 Challenger

OneBadWS6

Established Member
i'd buy a used one cuz then they come down to the price they should of been in the first place

Then the SRT8 is not for you thats why they make the R/T. Paddle shifters, heated and cooled cup holders and seats, 24 speaker sound system, space for 4 adults, brembo brakes, very good suspension all while running mid to low 12's stock. Some people like lightweight sports cars like mustangs and others like bigger sports cars that have some speed, style and a bunch of gadgets lol :rolling:

Last edited:

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
the only problem i have with srt8's is they are wayy over priced but its a drivers race in my opinion

I honestly want to know why you think they're over priced? What other car can you get in they're price range that offers the same thing?:beer:

Lol why because its an SRT8 it just makes up for the fact that it weighs a lot more?

OP it should be a good run, with equal drivers he should pull you a bit but it should be close regardless.

SMH........so you criticize the guy and then say the exact same thing he did:dw:

rattlesnake3:16

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member
I honestly want to know why you think they're over priced? What other car can you get in they're price range that offers the same thing?:beer:

SMH........so you criticize the guy and then say the exact same thing he did:dw:

from pre 392 challengers are over priced they are more that a 5.0 and they get murdered by them but now they have come down in price for the used one and now worth the price

according to autotrader.com

Compare Used Cars, Compare Cars Side-By-Side - AutoTrader.com

compare yourself

2011 Dodge Challenger srt 8 = $42,780 MSRP
2011 Ford Mustang gt = $29,645 MSRP
2011 Chevrolet Camaro SS = $34,420 MSRP
2011 Chevrolet Corvette = $49,045 MSRP

now keep in mind not sure if autotrader is the best place but theres where I got the info :beer:

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member
Then the SRT8 is not for you thats why they make the R/T. Paddle shifters, heated and cooled cup holders and seats, 24 speaker sound system, space for 4 adults, brembo brakes, very good suspension all while running mid to low 12's stock. Some people like lightweight sports cars like mustangs and others like bigger sports cars that have some speed, style and a bunch of gadgets lol :rolling:

That isn't it I think mustangs are better :poke:. By the time I get a srt8 off the lot I'd rather spend a lil more and get a shelby and my termi has a few gadets as well which was cheaper for me to add them verus paying for a dealer to do it. :beer:

2KBlackGT

Established Member
from pre 392 challengers are over priced they are more that a 5.0 and they get murdered by them but now they have come down in price for the used one and now worth the price

compare yourself

now keep in mind not sure if autotrader is the best place but theres where I got the info :beer:

When I was car shopping a few months ago I wanted something with four doors and that was sporty and comfortable for around 21k. Ultimately came down to the srt8 or a g8gt. I didnt cross shop it with coupes because I wanted a 4 door vehicle. I noticed you only compared it with 2door sports cars. Is that because there isn't a car to compare it to in its class?

I agree with you though they are pricey but IMO you get your moneys worth.

Last edited:

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member
When I was car shopping a few months ago I wanted something with four doors and that was sporty and comfortable for around 21k. Ultimately came down to the srt8 or a g8gt. I didnt cross shop it with coupes because I wanted a 4 door vehicle.

I agree with you though they are pricey but IMO you get your moneys worth.

I didn't say the charger I think thats too high as well but theres not a lot of sport sedans so thats different. The new one is sick I had it as a renta car it was great

2KBlackGT

Established Member
I didn't say the charger I think thats too high as well but theres not a lot of sport sedans so thats different. The new one is sick I had it as a renta car it was great

My bag, I forgot this was about a challenger. I agree about the spot sedan thing too.

2KBlackGT

Established Member
Why don't you read the part that I highlighted in red :read:

You know OneBad exaggerates a little so why knit pick? You been here long enough to know how things go around here remember? You both said the result will be the same any way you try to slice it.

OneBadWS6

Established Member

compare yourself

The 6.1 can do just fine against a 5.0 I dont know where you get "murdered" from. 1 car length isn't murder.....

You can get a 2010 6.1 for under 30K now. In which your still getting more features and more car then a base 5.0

OneBadWS6

Established Member
You know OneBad exaggerates a little so why knit pick? You been here long enough to know how things go around here remember? You both said the result will be the same any way you try to slice it.

No exaggerating here. A properly setup boosted 6.1 should have no problem with a pullied cobra from a roll. Ive seen it enough times to know. Never a magnacharged but a KB and procharged.

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member
The 6.1 can do just fine against a 5.0 I dont know where you get "murdered" from. 1 car length isn't murder.....

You can get a 2010 6.1 for under 30K now. In which your still getting more features and more car then a base 5.0

5.0>srt8 a win is a win if I spent that much I'd be mad that 5.0 beat me. If you want all the bells and whistles get a gt premium which is still cheaper than a srt8

blkvenm97

Established Member
5.0>srt8 a win is a win if I spent that much I'd be mad that 5.0 beat me. If you want all the bells and whistles get a gt premium which is still cheaper than a srt8

I agree...1 car isn't murder but it is murder on your pockets considering it costs over 10k more. the result should be the other way around for a 10k price difference. but some people just like the dodges...they'll defend them to the death like some of us do mustangs. I understand that...but facts are facts. I agree if I paid over 40 grand for a car and got beat by a car in the same class that has a much smaller engine and costs much less I'd be mad too...

Users who are viewing this thread