Pullied Cobra vs SS Camaro 100shot

JerseyGT

Jerseys Finest Ttop
Established Member
Alls I have to say while I tear comes from the eye out of happiness is "I love the 03 Cobras!" He only had a pullie and the camaro had all that juice. :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :coolman: the 03s' got me speechless. I can't wait to show this to my camaro friend. Nice car man. l8r Jeff

tigerwoods

Established Member
what gear did you start the race in? the motor wasnt revving at all when you took off. if you would have dropped a gear i bet the camaro would have been behind the whole way.

Gary Tawney

I think it will be who ever gets in front first will win the race, sounds like there pretty evenly matched, I just hope there both on tire?:burnout:

jleews6

Established Member
That ss has got something wrong.I see most cobras with exhaust,pulley'intake'and a tune run around 120 mph.My WS6 with just a lid,shorty headers,(stock exhaust) and a K&N ran 115 mph on motor and with a TNT 100hp wet shot would run high 120s all day long. It just goes to show that you just dont bolt on parts .
you bolt on parts and then make them work.

I raced many of bolton 03 cobras with my Ws6 and from a roll have never had a problem. Now I have a cobra so it will be different now.:beer:

Im going to get my fire jacket now.:lol:

Since 1964

Established Member
I say the camaro won. I don't agree with having to get to 125+MPH just to get the kill. After 110MPH they were at typical 1/4 mile speeds and the Camaro had him till then as far as I could see.

I watched it three times guy's, after the camaro takes the lead they go way into fourth.....for what...so the Cobra has a chance?

I'll look again, but I don't a Cobra getting a "great kill" here.

time2train

Established Member
I believe we started in second when this happened. I just had the pully/tune done the day before, so it was still a bit new to me.

I posted this, not to say that I killed a camaro, I like camaro's and have respect for the LS1 motor. The video was just to show the outcome and contribute to this forum, since I usually just take.. :)

I suspect there will be a rematch in the future. I will probably still be on F1's, but I will post the rematch as well, no matter the outcome.

Since 1964

Established Member
I bet from a start you win easily, but in that video the SS ran well.

I chased what I thought was a stock SS in traffic and couldn't get that son of a bitch for nothing on three tries....but then we got to a light together and I told him "I hope you enjoyed that cause now I'm gonna roast your ass" and I did, he was shocked at how I had him buy 5 cars by the time we hit fourth. At the next light he said "No way that's stock" and I said "CAI & Cat Back, no chip, no pulley" and he said "I got a CAI & Cat Back also but man you killed me".

I LLLOOOVVVEEE IT. You should see how mad the C5's get...Oh it's awesome.

Unusual T/A

Established Member
Originally posted by 2kss#116
good kill ... ss driver can't drive.....put me on lol

For your mods your car is slow as shit. 11.6@117? WTF I ran faster than with stock heads and cam. You have a blown motor and you're talking shit about the ss driver? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gary Tawney

It sounded to me, and I watched the Vid several times myself, that the guys bottle was low on the juice, because if it wasn't the Cobra would have to run 130 to be able to go around hin like that. My SS A4 on the juice would trap at 122, on a full bottle.:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread