Pullied Cobra vs SS Camaro 100shot

time2train

Established Member
This was a chance encounter with a Camaro SS w/100 shot, and a 2.8 pullied Cobra. :rockon:

Right Click > Save As Video

Spud04

Established Member
Badass.

My friend in a 95 Trans am with headers and a 50 shot, raced a '03' cobra, with heads and cam and all bolt-ons?! From what he says at least, and was right there with him. I was like it either wasn't a 03, or wasn't h/c'd etc..

Great Vid, can't wait to prove his ass wrong tomorrow!

95snoozer

Established Member
Originally posted by Spud04
Badass.

My friend in a 95 Trans am with headers and a 50 shot, raced a '03' cobra, with heads and cam and all bolt-ons?! From what he says at least, and was right there with him. I was like it either wasn't a 03, or wasn't h/c'd etc..

Great Vid, can't wait to prove his ass wrong tomorrow!

your friend lies or is mistaken in respect to the cobras mods.

your friend barely has enough power to race a stock 03 :)

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Originally posted by BEATNGU
I think the 03 guy need to bang the gears a bit faster

That's what I was thinking, looked like the Camaro driver was wanting the win with his shifts.

Corvewhat

Established Member
Originally posted by 1969Fastback
yes the maro was quick, but another kill for the cobra

uuummm, the camaro was ahead the entire time and didnt fall back til he let off, so imma say that wasnt a kill

time2train

Established Member
Originally posted by Booyah
That's what I was thinking, looked like the Camaro driver was wanting the win with his shifts.

Yes it was a tough race. I had only had the pulley/tune on 1 day prior. I am still running stock tires, and was a bit scared that when I shift into 2nd my car is going to lose it because of traction issues. If you notice when I shift, he really puts some ground on me, because he is definitely driving the SS like he stole it.

Vanride69

west bound and down
Established Member
im gonna say the SS woulda won if he woulda kept on spraying, you can tell when he lets off the juice. he was winning on the juice and quickly lost the lead when he tried to hold it N/A. Either way, the Cobra won top end.

time2train

Established Member
Originally posted by Corvewhat
uuummm, the camaro was ahead the entire time and didnt fall back til he let off, so imma say that wasnt a kill

lol. Okay think what you want. Yes, it was a close race, but once I put a 1/2 car on him he let off.

WhiteDevil

Pushrod Power
Established Member
Originally posted by Corvewhat
Are you on crack?? The cobra passed him by like 1/2 car and then he let off. Watch the Vid man

JMD0346

Established Member
That is one of the best examples of the difference a superior driver can make. Not taking anything away from the cobra, but the ss wanted it more. He shifted it like you're supposed too. A cobra with those mods and a real good driver would leave that ss. Ive done it to cars with more mods than that. Then again maybe the ones I beat werent very good drivers either. Who knows.

I used to beat cars in my 97 that everyone said was impossible. Its all in how you drive it. The biggest advice I could ever give on any cobra Ive owned is dont let off the gas!!! hold it to the floor and rip it!LOL.

"Lean up in the seat and listen to it eat"!!!!!!!!!

time2train

Established Member
Originally posted by JMD0346
That is one of the best examples of the difference a superior driver can make. Not taking anything away from the cobra, but the ss wanted it more. He shifted it like you're supposed too. A cobra with those mods and a real good driver would leave that ss. Ive done it to cars with more mods than that. Then again maybe the ones I beat werent very good drivers either. Who knows.

I agree with you, the SS driver is the better driver. I just had the pulley/tune on just 24 hours prior. So I didn't have a lot of confidence in myself, because of the increased power/traction issues. Maybe next time I will fare better.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
That guy was passed like any other car Cobras pass at 90+ MPH. :beer: And BTW I think he stopped spraying once he noticed he was being passed.

Spud04

Established Member
Originally posted by tommyhil4_6
Heads and cam'd 03? or Trans? Doesn't make sense :confused:

He stated he raced a 2003 Cobra with h/c, headers, bolt-ons.
He has on his trans am, a 50 shot, wet, nitrous setup. Plus mid-length headers, and a shifter/clutch.

He said he was right next to him from a 60 punch on the highway.

I told him he was lying(about the cobra), he said that's what the guy said he had.

Users who are viewing this thread