Pullied Cobra vs SS Camaro 100shot

JMD0346

Established Member
Originally posted by time2train
I agree with you, the SS driver is the better driver. I just had the pulley/tune on just 24 hours prior. So I didn't have a lot of confidence in myself, because of the increased power/traction issues. Maybe next time I will fare better.

I understand completly. You unleashed a whole new beast. Hell in 24 hours the tune probably hadnt set in yet. We need a follow up vid!!!:rockon:

94cobra

When will it be fast enuf
Established Member
Something sounds weird in the video. At first the camaro sounded like satan took over the engine and that is all you can hear. Then you don't hear it at all, and then you blow by him with the cobra.

john

jasil

Established Member
Camaro had it the whole way till the end. You sure it was only 90mph that looked/sounded like 2nd,3rd,4th and a ways in fourth the cobra passed?

Guy at work has 2.93/CAI/EX/Chip and raced another guy at work with a Ls1,150shot, stall, and the Ls1 just walked away.

Pulled 3 cars from 40-140mph, but the Ls1 traps at 123 too.

Spud04

Established Member
Originally posted by 94cobra
Something sounds weird in the video. At first the camaro sounded like satan took over the engine and that is all you can hear. Then you don't hear it at all, and then you blow by him with the cobra.

john

I belive that's when the cam got a lil wind into the mic. Hard to here the cobra, to then you can barely here the ss again.

TRIXSNK

DAILY DRIVEN!
Established Member
Great race!

Looks to me like the SS was in it the whole way up until the Cobra started to slowly pull past.

:coolman:

73Beast351C

Established Member
awesomeness

yeah that race was good. but i have seen a 03 cobra vs. a SS and it was nothin like that the cobra stomped on it. It was my friends cobra. just some bad drivers in that video.

2KGT

Banned
Re: awesomeness

good race. did you ever pull the cobra vs. cobra from the camera?

Last edited:

fbody83

Z06 to Raped Ape
Established Member
awesome race between two sick cars, i love when they're close like that :thumbsup:

Cobra would have kept pullin top end if the camaro hadn't let off after 1/2 car. Good win. :beer:

JMHCobra

Established Member
Oklahoma represent!

Sweet kill ... and, yes, unless you're blind (or in denial), that Cobra was pulling on that SS. If you listen closely, he starts to pull at the top of third and continues as he shifts into fourth, at which point the SS backed off. Who cares if the SS had the lead till fourth gear? That's like claiming victory in a basketball game at the end of the third quarter. It aint over yet, baby!

Where was that race filmed at, by the way?

Last edited:

Interspy24

Established Member
Yeah, where was this vid filmed at?

JMHCobra, I'm with you, the cobra was pulling at the end. As others said though, the ss driver seemed like he was shifting quick, what kind of tires was he on? I think our boy in the cobra was on the f1's? I'm guessing that's why is was shifting a little slower, maybe to control wheelspin.

How is the ride treating you? OT but just wondering, I think we're both trying to pick up the same h-pipe on corral...

4CFED

Established Member
i personally like the one horn beep followed by the two quick ones as the cobra guy tried to get the jump on the ss

time2train

Established Member
Originally posted by Interspy24
Yeah, where was this vid filmed at?

JMHCobra, I'm with you, the cobra was pulling at the end. As others said though, the ss driver seemed like he was shifting quick, what kind of tires was he on? I think our boy in the cobra was on the f1's? I'm guessing that's why is was shifting a little slower, maybe to control wheelspin.

How is the ride treating you? OT but just wondering, I think we're both trying to pick up the same h-pipe on corral...

Thanks for the props fellow okies. Yeah, you have to love the good ole F1's :cryying: . Your right, I wasn't shifting as fast as I could, I still have to get used to this whole pully thing. Just a few minutes before, the SS driver raced motor, where I pulled pretty easily. Then I heard he had a 100 shot, and I was like Oh Sh** this ought to be interesting. We plan on doing it again when I get my tune/traction figured out. I believe he had some issues too.

BTW thats on NW OKC.

Later

trey193

Established Member
Great vid you were def. pulling him at the end, get a 2.80 and beat on it a little more and he'll need to up the spray!!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread