Pullied Cobra vs SS Camaro 100shot

love bandit2

Established Member
Originally posted by 94cobra
Something sounds weird in the video. At first the camaro sounded like satan took over the engine and that is all you can hear. Then you don't hear it at all, and then you blow by him with the cobra.

john

yes... when the wind noise began to drown everything else out. Its evident that the camaro let up when the cobra was about a half car length ahead.... thats when the camaro falls back FAST. I'd have to say the cobra took this one.

greg92gt

fox > *
Established Member
Originally posted by 94cobra
Something sounds weird in the video. At first the camaro sounded like satan took over the engine and that is all you can hear. Then you don't hear it at all, and then you blow by him with the cobra.

john

Well, I wasn't going to make excuses cause I don't like to, but my bottle was full of air, and I thought I had some fouled plugs but they seemed to be ok, just too much air :(

I'm sure me and time2train will line 'em up again soon hopefully, then we'll have a REMATCH video going :beer:

greg92gt

fox > *
Established Member
Originally posted by PlatinumCobra
That guy was passed like any other car Cobras pass at 90+ MPH. :beer: And BTW I think he stopped spraying once he noticed he was being passed.

aww :rollseyes that's not true but think what you want, I don't spray for more than a 1/4 mile and we were flyin down the road so I gave up, sure he was about to pass me, he was already there.

talk all the shit you want :rockon: we'll get a rematch going soon. :)

greg92gt

fox > *
Established Member
Originally posted by Interspy24
what kind of tires was he on? I think our boy in the cobra was on the f1's?

sumitomo $125 dollar tires.. about the cheapest, crappiest tires you can get :)

greg92gt

fox > *
Established Member
sat night would be a good time to hook up with an all motor white ss from texas. We will even go from a roll if you want i know those things wheel hop something fierce. Hope to see you out i will be with the ones from the vid. Red ss and there will be a black and white 03 cobra running around also. hope to see you soon kiddos.

-texanss

Last edited:

Stangkillin99ss

8 UR SVT
Established Member
im gonna disagree with yall and say the winner didnt win that race...the car did. even if they both granny shifted the SS (if it was mostly stock) makes 320-330rwhp on motor and with a 100 shot (even though it dont get 100 well say it does) was making 420-430rwhp BUT probably near 500rwtq! THAT is what got him ahead to begin with. Torque wins in short burst races..HIGH HP (which is what the cobra has) is what won him that race. Bottom line is the SS was out gunned. He lost fair and square, the Cobra just had more powa.

Good race I like those kinda races. Being an F-Body owner i know a loss when i see it, and that SS lost.

Way to go Cobra driver:beer:

greg92gt

fox > *
Established Member
Originally posted by Stangkillin99ss
im gonna disagree with yall and say the winner didnt win that race...the car did. even if they both granny shifted the SS (if it was mostly stock) makes 320-330rwhp on motor and with a 100 shot (even though it dont get 100 well say it does) was making 420-430rwhp BUT probably near 500rwtq! THAT is what got him ahead to begin with. Torque wins in short burst races..HIGH HP (which is what the cobra has) is what won him that race. Bottom line is the SS was out gunned. He lost fair and square, the Cobra just had more powa.

Good race I like those kinda races. Being an F-Body owner i know a loss when i see it, and that SS lost.

Way to go Cobra driver:beer:

ya, I dyno'd 332hp 346tq with a cutout and air lid and free mods :rockon: and it's a 100 dry shot :thumbsup:

zac2003

Established Member
greg sell that junkass dry kit and put a wet kit on it :)

then rematch :)

I decided I think i'm sellin this shit ass s-trim off the Z and gettin either 150 or that turbo kit.

i hate not having any low end like i used too.

Speed

Originally posted by zac2003
greg sell that junkass dry kit and put a wet kit on it :)

then rematch :)

I decided I think i'm sellin this shit ass s-trim off the Z and gettin either 150 or that turbo kit.

i hate not having any low end like i used too.

When do you want to put on the turbo kit?

Spud04

Established Member
Originally posted by Bigbody
Well, I've beat 3 cobra's with my pos lt1 and my car has four doors.

Well I guess it's just to bad I don't have my ls1 anymore.

I'm assuming you've beat them cobra's from stops. ;-)

Gary Tawney

Man, what was wrong with the SS, it could bearly pull away with a 100 shot. There's plenty of SS's around with a couple of bolt on"s & 75 shot that are running on tire well into the 11s:shrug:

Spud04

Established Member
Originally posted by Tawney
Man, what was wrong with the SS, it could bearly pull away with a 100 shot. There's plenty of SS's around with a couple of bolt on"s & 75 shot that are running on tire well into the 11s:shrug:

I'm sure the cobra is in the 11s as well.

SynisterSnake

Established Member
Well my bestfriend has a white 03 cobra and he has a race set up with a 99 ss with full bolt-ons, cam, and a 150. I think he is gonna get his ass handed to him by that slomaro. :bash: I bet Greg will video the race for all of us to view. Right greg?

zac2003

Established Member
Originally posted by Speed
When do you want to put on the turbo kit?

well I spent all the $ I had set back for the motor swap snow skiing and snow mobiling over spring break haha

so I may just pull the s/c off and sell it

you never got me the price and pm'd me back!!

email me or pm me and i'll represent your kit :rockon:

Stangkillin99ss

8 UR SVT
Established Member
Originally posted by Tawney

ET's dont count when your running from a roll, its the MPH that tells you whos got more power. Greg knows he was out gunned with his 100shot, which is probably making about 75rwhp. So hes around 410rwhp or so (give or take a bit) He probably traps around 116-118 at the track. That Cobra just has too much top end for Greg to handle. With probably 40 or so rwhp he just walks on the top end.

Greg, you sound like an upstanding guy who isnt afraid to lose. I wish there were more people like you around here.:rockon:

greg92gt

fox > *
Established Member
Originally posted by SynisterSnake
Well my bestfriend has a white 03 cobra and he has a race set up with a 99 ss with full bolt-ons, cam, and a 150. I think he is gonna get his ass handed to him by that slomaro. :bash: I bet Greg will video the race for all of us to view. Right greg?

Hehe, pullied dave vs cammed shaun huh :)

That might happen this weekend, I can't wait! and yes, I'd video tape it for everyone to see :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread