Pullied cobra vs LS3 vette

NA_Cobra

Established Member
even when you have a ported blower, and he has a Cam, its not going to be much of a race. Cammed LS3's run just as good if not better then stock c6 z06's..and we all know how a ported Cobra ends up against a C6 Z06 so just look at it in that perspective.

a guy locally had a H/C and a 175 shot on his 09 C6. All motor with heads and cam only it was 520rwhp.....on the spray it was 700rwhp. It was a bone stock motor and handled the spray all day long. Those LS3's are bullit proof and they are mod freaks.

LS3s aren't bullit proof. I've heard that botton end wise, LS2s are stronger, supposedly GM used higher quality casting materials.

MrMason

Established Member
Unlike LS1s, LS6s and LS2s, the LS3s don't need an aggressive cam to make big power. Mild cams in LS3s have made 480-500rwhp with supporting boltons and with new FAST 102mm out, 515rwhp out of a mild cam only LS3 is very possible. If you can't afford a KB then get a shot of gas and pray that he doesn't have gas either.

We'll see what happens! A good ported setup can trap mid 120's and from what I've been seeing that's about what a basic cammed LS3 can do. Especially if he doesn't get drag radials and stays on street tires he's just going to spin.

even when you have a ported blower, and he has a Cam, its not going to be much of a race. Cammed LS3's run just as good if not better then stock c6 z06's..and we all know how a ported Cobra ends up against a C6 Z06 so just look at it in that perspective.

a guy locally had a H/C and a 175 shot on his 09 C6. All motor with heads and cam only it was 520rwhp.....on the spray it was 700rwhp. It was a bone stock motor and handled the spray all day long. Those LS3's are bullit proof and they are mod freaks.

I've seen on this site ported cobra's beating c6z's so it's not impossible.

Nice kill op, must be a sick driver.

lol thanks, I didn't think I was that great of a driver, maybe he just sucked :shrug:

Just race him and find out man, bench racing is useless. Just look at all the people who said you wouldn't hang with an LS3 in your other thread. :banana:

People will tell you all day how this car did that and that car did this, or it's capable of 9034897234rwhp all day, blah blah.. It's a never ending shit storm of biased arguments/claims from both parties. :beer:

Good point man, in the end, it really just depends on the cars and the drivers, so we'll see what happens.

pics of 100lb girlfriend??

good kill

lol sorry I don't have any pics of her, she's cute though.

SSmokinn SS

Established Member
We'll see what happens! A good ported setup can trap mid 120's and from what I've been seeing that's about what a basic cammed LS3 can do. Especially if he doesn't get drag radials and stays on street tires he's just going to spin.

I've seen on this site ported cobra's beating c6z's so it's not impossible.

lol thanks, I didn't think I was that great of a driver, maybe he just sucked :shrug:

Good point man, in the end, it really just depends on the cars and the drivers, so we'll see what happens.

lol sorry I don't have any pics of her, she's cute though.

No, you have seen ported/pullied Cobra's beating The C6 Z06 driver....not the car ;)

Bone stock C6 Z06's trap anywhere from 126-129. From what I have seen ported Cobra's max trap 125 and thats on the high side.

MrMason

Established Member
No, you have seen ported/pullied Cobra's beating The C6 Z06 driver....not the car ;)

Bone stock C6 Z06's trap anywhere from 126-129. From what I have seen ported Cobra's max trap 125 and thats on the high side.

Checking out dragtimes I see most of the c6z's are trapping low-mid 120's. There are a few ported eatons trapping over 130, one even at 135! Granted that's with weight reduction, SRA, and an auto trans but still. Either way it will still be a good race and win or lose I'll post up the results. I think it's going to be closer than you think. You thought I was going to lose this race as well!

Last edited:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member

Case and point.. The fact is they BOTH trap 126-129mph+ on the HIGH SIDE. Pullied & Ported Cobras CAN run 10s@127mph+ just like C6Zs can.

The funny thing is only a handful of c6Zs have trapped 126mph+, yet since we are bench racing they all trap 126mph+. :lol: FYI, there are more people running 10s@126mph+ in full weight ported / pullied eaton cars, (just checkout modfords or the timeslip bar, one of the MODS on here is running 10s with a ported eaton car). ;-) However, I'm not going to post bullshit, those times are far and in-between just like C6Zs running low 11s/high 10s@126mph+ STOCK.

edit:

Here is the fastest stock C6Z list.

1----10.981 @ 128.90--1.77---jamie furman ------'06. -----Details
2----11.138 @ 127.20--1.76---Ranger------'06. -----Details
3----11.242 @ 122.38--1.68---Dr.Ron------'06. ----------Details
4----11.311 @ 122.89--1.80---BLU-BY-U------'06. -----Details
5----11.349 @ 124.97--1.75---zosix427-----'06. -------Details ******** Top 10 avg: 11.323 @ 124.99
6----11.392 @ 124.84--1.92--- C5 Frank------'06-------Details
7----11.429 @ 124.88--1.86---dgdoc------'06. -----Details
8----11.443 @ 125.93--1.95---O7zeeO6------'07----Details
9----11.458 @ 124.13--1.80--- layjzay----- '06 -------Details
10---11.488 @ 123.86--1.80---Z06kait-----'07-------Details

Corvette Forum - View Single Post - The C6 Z06 Fast List

Good luck. :beer:

Last edited:

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member

Coulda, shoulda, woulda..... bla bla bla. You recently posted up a vid of beating a ported with your 412 hp ls1. My pullied cobra(no port and full weight) ran dead even with a 463 hp h/c/i ls1. You beat the drivers of those 2 cobra's and???? Who gives 2 shits? You still won right? Anything can happen is a street race so don't blame the driver or anything else.

1Bad04Mystic

Established Member
Coulda, shoulda, woulda..... bla bla bla. You recently posted up a vid of beating a ported with your 412 hp ls1. My pullied cobra(no port and full weight) ran dead even with a 463 hp h/c/i ls1. You beat the drivers of those 2 cobra's and???? Who gives 2 shits? You still won right? Anything can happen is a street race so don't blame the driver or anything else.

Amen to that. A fast car with a crappy driver can get beat all day long with a car within 30-50 horsepower and roughly the same weight. I forgot that C6Z06's can't be beat, my bad.

NA_Cobra

Established Member
Amen to that. A fast car with a crappy driver can get beat all day long with a car within 30-50 horsepower and roughly the same weight. I forgot that C6Z06's can't be beat, my bad.

I remember there was a point in time a few years ago when I/E/P 03/04 Cobras couldn't be beat.

SSmokinn SS

Established Member
I have three local friends that trapped 127-129 on street tires at our local Drag strip in stock C6 Z06's.

I have yet to see a pullied/ported Cobra at our local strip trap anything higher then 125 without some spray.

Im just saying what I have seen observing in person.

SSmokinn SS

Established Member

or maybe the driver of your 463rwhp LS1 was bad OR those numbers are inflated...those numbers are very high for a H/C LS1 unless its a very aggressive setup......a 463rwhp LS1 should be a mid 120 trap player.

FYI I have two dyno sheets on my car......one says 471rwhp, 393rwtq and the other 412rwhp, 381rwtq.....The 471rwhp was on a brand new mustang dyno that wasnt calibrated correctly yet (my car was the first one on it)....You dont see me going around saying I have a 470rwhp LS1.....

just saying.

and also, that Ported Cobra in my video ran 12.0 @ 123. Like I said in the video, he was having traction issues on his bald/warped drag radials.....He's a good driver it just wasnt a good night for his car tire wise.

Last edited:

NA_Cobra

Established Member
or maybe the driver of your 463rwhp LS1 was bad OR those numbers are inflated...those numbers are very high for a H/C LS1 unless its a very aggressive setup......a 463rwhp LS1 should be a mid 120 trap player.

FYI I have two dyno sheets on my car......one says 471rwhp, 393rwtq and the other 412rwhp, 381rwtq.....The 471rwhp was on a brand new mustang dyno that wasnt calibrated correctly yet (my car was the first one on it)....You dont see me going around saying I have a 470rwhp LS1.....

just saying.

and also, that Ported Cobra in my video ran 12.0 @ 123. Like I said in the video, he was having traction issues on his bald/warped drag radials.....He's a good driver it just wasnt a good night for his car tire wise.

463rwhp out of an LS1 isn't hard at all thanks to the R&R teams over at TFS, TEA, TSP and AFR. Budget heads and a big cam are making 440-450rwhp in LS1s through stock LS6 intakes. I also have a stock bottom C5 LS1 coupe making close to 500rwhp and it's a H/C/I setup.

Last edited:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
I have three local friends that trapped 127-129 on street tires at our local Drag strip in stock C6 Z06's.

I have yet to see a pullied/ported Cobra at our local strip trap anything higher then 125 without some spray.

Im just saying what I have seen observing in person.

Cool, I've never seen a C6Z trap even 123mph and I've personally witnessed a ported eaton Cobra trap 127mph. Let the bench racing continue. :beer:

Last edited:

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member

just saying.

I thought you said that the guy with the Cobra could drive. I've run 12.0's@121 on Sumitomo radials with 443 wheel. I guess I got lucky. In the end you still won and that is all I care about. Back to bench racing.

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member

just saying.

463 isn't hard at all. He has a 236/236 cam,prc stage 2.5 heads, a fast and all the bolt ons. Car made 463/409. Like i said before anything can happen on the street.

463rwhp out of an LS1 isn't hard at all thanks to the R&R teams over at TFS, TEA, TSP and AFR. Budget heads and a big cam are making 440-450rwhp in LS1s through stock LS6 intakes. I also have a stock bottom C5 LS1 coupe making close to 500rwhp and it's a H/C/I setup.

+1. If the guy im talking about who makes 463 had some afr's or trickflow's he would probably make close to 480.

BayareaSS

Established Member

just saying.

You must be new to LS1's :lol1:

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
Scrap the ported blower and get a 2.8 KB. Once he puts that cam in there, your ported blower won't hold a candle to it.

Correct.

Really? It's not going to be a super aggressive cam. He's only going to get a mild street cam. Can't afford a 2.8 KB, I'm going to port the blower myself so it's only going to cost me a couple hundred in materials, as opposed to 3 grand for a 2.8KB. If that's not enough I'll just go for a 100 shot or something.

He's right. A good friend of mine has a LS3 with a LG Gx cam, LG longtubes and mid pipe and a stock catback with a M2W switch and the heads have been slightly milled. The car makes 517/480 on a mild street tune and it runs like a scalded ape. Just last week he ran a club members C6 Z06 and put a beating on him. Soon to come is a A&A blower putting him 700rw on a easy pump tune.

Your car even with a twinscrew is going to have to be on it's game to beat a mod'd LS3.
Unlike LS1s, LS6s and LS2s, the LS3s don't need an aggressive cam to make big power. Mild cams in LS3s have made 480-500rwhp with supporting boltons and with new FAST 102mm out, 515rwhp out of a mild cam only LS3 is very possible. If you can't afford a KB then get a shot of gas and pray that he doesn't have gas either.

Yup.

Yup. The new LS3 is the best bang for the buck out there right now. I sold my blown 93 Cobra to get a C6 Z06, but now I will be getting a C6 LS3 Vette and spend that extra money on mods that will eat a Z06 and Cobras for breakfast. :)

MrMason

Established Member
Correct.

He's right. A good friend of mine has a LS3 with a LG Gx cam, LG longtubes and mid pipe and a stock catback with a M2W switch and the heads have been slightly milled. The car makes 517/480 on a mild street tune and it runs like a scalded ape. Just last week he ran a club members C6 Z06 and put a beating on him. Soon to come is a A&A blower putting him 700rw on a easy pump tune.

Well my friend doesn't have longtubes, a mid-pipe, an M2W switch, or a milled head. I'm not saying I'm going to win, but it's going to be close... it's not really even worth talking about it now since it won't happen until after winter.

Users who are viewing this thread