2.8" pulley
315 555r's

IMG_0492.jpg

08 Vette
cat-back

IMG_0491.jpg

IMG_0517.jpg

Race 1 Dig
Got a good launch jumped out about a car, shifted to 2nd jumped out another half a car, top of 2nd I had about 2 cars on him, shift to 3rd and I put maybe another half car on him, but through the top of 3rd it was pretty even as far as I could tell in my rear view.

Race 2 Dig
Pretty much the same thing, he's on stock tires so was spinning a bit, which is why I was getting so many cars early.

Race 3 40 roll
Honked 3 times and I nailed it, I guess he was sleeping on it because I jumped out a full length or more, speed shifted into 3rd checked my mirrors and he's back 2 lengths again, by the top of third looked to be about 2.5 lengths back, shift into 4th and didn't seem to pull away anymore just kinda stayed where it was, shut it down at 120.

I had a full tank and some misc stuff in the trunk, and he had his 100lb gf in the passenger seat so weight was pretty fair. I asked if he wanted to again but he declined and said we'll do it again next time he's back from tbs. So we just cruised around some more and then parted ways. His gf got some video on her phone so I'm going to have him email it to me, not sure what she got but I'll be sure to post it up when I get it.

All in all decent runs, I'm a little disappointed our roll race didn't go better. I really wanted us to hit it at exactly the same time so we could really see what the cars could do. Oh well, probably get some more runs in a week or two and I'll post them up. Then this winter I'll port my blower and he'll get a cam and we'll be back at it again!

Last edited:

MrMason

Established Member
Good kill, what are you putting down at the wheels?

Not sure, had a dyno session set up for last wednesday, but when I got there they were running a couple hours behind and I couldn't stay, so I'll have to set up another session soon.

NA_Cobra

Established Member
The contenders:

04 Cobra
K&N Intake
SLP cat-back
2.8" pulley
315 555r's

IMG_0492.jpg

08 Vette
cat-back

IMG_0491.jpg

IMG_0517.jpg

Race 1 Dig
Got a good launch jumped out about a car, shifted to 2nd jumped out another half a car, top of 2nd I had about 2 cars on him, shift to 3rd and I put maybe another half car on him, but through the top of 3rd it was pretty even as far as I could tell in my rear view.

Race 2 Dig
Pretty much the same thing, he's on stock tires so was spinning a bit, which is why I was getting so many cars early.

Race 3 40 roll
Honked 3 times and I nailed it, I guess he was sleeping on it because I jumped out a full length or more, speed shifted into 3rd checked my mirrors and he's back 2 lengths again, by the top of third looked to be about 2.5 lengths back, shift into 4th and didn't seem to pull away anymore just kinda stayed where it was, shut it down at 120.

I had a full tank and some misc stuff in the trunk, and he had his 100lb gf in the passenger seat so weight was pretty fair. I asked if he wanted to again but he declined and said we'll do it again next time he's back from tbs. So we just cruised around some more and then parted ways. His gf got some video on her phone so I'm going to have him email it to me, not sure what she got but I'll be sure to post it up when I get it.

All in all decent runs, I'm a little disappointed our roll race didn't go better. I really wanted us to hit it at exactly the same time so we could really see what the cars could do. Oh well, probably get some more runs in a week or two and I'll post them up. Then this winter I'll port my blower and he'll get a cam and we'll be back at it again!

Scrap the ported blower and get a 2.8 KB. Once he puts that cam in there, your ported blower won't hold a candle to it.

MrMason

Established Member
Scrap the ported blower and get a 2.8 KB. Once he puts that cam in there, your ported blower won't hold a candle to it.

Really? It's not going to be a super aggressive cam. He's only going to get a mild street cam. Can't afford a 2.8 KB, I'm going to port the blower myself so it's only going to cost me a couple hundred in materials, as opposed to 3 grand for a 2.8KB. If that's not enough I'll just go for a 100 shot or something.

NA_Cobra

Established Member
Really? It's not going to be a super aggressive cam. He's only going to get a mild street cam. Can't afford a 2.8 KB, I'm going to port the blower myself so it's only going to cost me a couple hundred in materials, as opposed to 3 grand for a 2.8KB. If that's not enough I'll just go for a 100 shot or something.

Unlike LS1s, LS6s and LS2s, the LS3s don't need an aggressive cam to make big power. Mild cams in LS3s have made 480-500rwhp with supporting boltons and with new FAST 102mm out, 515rwhp out of a mild cam only LS3 is very possible. If you can't afford a KB then get a shot of gas and pray that he doesn't have gas either.

SSmokinn SS

Established Member

even when you have a ported blower, and he has a Cam, its not going to be much of a race. Cammed LS3's run just as good if not better then stock c6 z06's..and we all know how a ported Cobra ends up against a C6 Z06 so just look at it in that perspective.

a guy locally had a H/C and a 175 shot on his 09 C6. All motor with heads and cam only it was 520rwhp.....on the spray it was 700rwhp. It was a bone stock motor and handled the spray all day long. Those LS3's are bullit proof and they are mod freaks.

Last edited:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member

Just race him and find out man, bench racing is useless. Just look at all the people who said you wouldn't hang with an LS3 in your other thread. :banana:

People will tell you all day how this car did that and that car did this, or it's capable of 9034897234rwhp all day, blah blah.. It's a never ending shit storm of biased arguments/claims from both parties. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread