Proyect Unicorn (update)

luiSVT99

CoyoteFTW
Established Member
Hi guys, been like a month since i posted the poor beat up Terminator i bought, the only things done to it is a little detailing and fixing some things like the boost gauge, the exhaust, new fuel, coils, filters and now is driveable, i traded wheels with a friend and after some water and soap here is a little photoshoot with my good 'ol Sony camera (bought it like 7 years ago) hope you like'em

(pics when i first got it for reference)
BEFORE

237B6C4A-9742-4DB8-887D-ABCB604D79EB_zpsmg1m6nka.jpg

8EF78679-3D27-4B09-B762-6D1DA99612BF_zpsdhf95vvl.jpg

2D20635D-6740-48F7-A02B-E62B768D83C5_zpsww02vekx.jpg

AFTER
DSC00245_zpsbef31215.jpg

DSC00247_zps1d626bc9.jpg

DSC00252_zps0d1e0480.jpg

DSC00251_zps53a87d24.jpg

exterior is almost complete getting everything ready for paint, need some interior detailing but now i can enjoy it a little bit, the engine is fine did leak, comp test and shortblock is ok, next is to send the Eaton to stiegemeier for a check up 'cause boost gauge says 15lbs of boost but no whine... it needs bigger injectors and a good tune, hoping for 550rwhp when all is said and done, then think about a blower upgrade

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
Nice man! Glad to see you stuck with it, I'm sure the people who doubted you will love this thread.

Blk03CobraVenom

Love me some Boost
Established Member
550rwhp on an Eaton?! Not even ported will you get that unless you spray, E85, Torco, etc. Looks much better. GJ.

luiSVT99

CoyoteFTW
Established Member
Big improvement good job!

thanks
looks like a nice transformation. what is the story on this thing? Looked like it was pretty neglected before you got it.

here is some info on the first thread i made when i got the car http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?1027222-Finally-finally-finally

Nice man! Glad to see you stuck with it, I'm sure the people who doubted you will love this thread.

thanks

550rwhp on an Eaton?! Not even ported will you get that unless you spray, E85, Torco, etc. Looks much better. GJ.

it has a 5.0 stroker shortblock maybe i can get those extra 40rwhp that stock bore/stroke ported Cobras can't

Last edited:

gabe1530

Banned
nice work. you might be able to get there. you will need a 2.8 upper / 4lb lower combo or 3.0 upper / 6lb lower combo (with the ported blower). what fuel will you be running?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
its come a long way! glad the motor seems to have checked out healthy.

as for 15psi but no blower whine, are you confident the boost gauge is hooked up/working correctly (ie does it show the right amount of vacuum and such at idle)?

luiSVT99

CoyoteFTW
Established Member
Thanks guys, the vacuum harness was missing so i read the EGR delete thread and made the stock boost gauge work, obviously it only reads 10psi so i hooked the aftermarket gauge and after a short pull WOT@6,000rpm it read 15psi when the car is not under boost it reads 10-15 vacuum so i guess its working, maybe its all in the tune but right now i don't have 3-5k dllrs to make the blower upgrade (+ fuel upgrade for that kind of power) to take advantage of the extra cubic inches so like a said i'll send the blower for inspection and plans are to upgrade from stage V to VII plus venom cooler and smaller pulley, upgrade the injectors (has stock going to 60 maybe 85 for room to grow) and a take it to a shop who knows what they're doing, if i'm correct the stock injectors are good for an upper pulley hp levels imagen a stroker with ported eaton "the biggest lower" (no pun intendend that's what the shop were it was left said) stock pumps with BAP wire upgrade and 39lbs injectors...= 375rwhp@5,000rpm (cause obviuosly it was starving for fuel) and 450ft-lb.
Also i will change the CAI (has an ungly BBK peeling chrome POS, upgrading to JLT) and put a little love in the engine bay, my valve cover build tag is ruined, does anyone know if you can restore/replace them?

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
Great job. Looks like a complete 180 already. Keep up the good work. Keep us posted on progress too.

Blk03CobraVenom

Love me some Boost
Established Member
thanks

here is some info on the first thread i made when i got the car http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?1027222-Finally-finally-finally

thanks

it has a 5.0 stroker shortblock maybe i can get those extra 40rwhp that stock bore/stroke ported Cobras can't

Wasn't aware of that.

so not true. yes its easy with e85 but ive got a buddy daily driving his car making 540 on 93 right now.

Probably inflated dyno numbers, but ok if you say so. Have personal experience with my previous combo of Steg Stage 6 with 2lb lower 2.8 upper making 515. Couple of shops I know of have claimed similar low 500rwhp ranges.

luiSVT99

CoyoteFTW
Established Member
its been a while since my last post but i took the car to Edinburg Race track and here are the results, I'm very happy and I'm sure it has alot more in it

7A7C0108-F45E-4EA6-A282-B8D3093651A0_zpsbfgzu2jt.jpg

here is the pass filmed with a potato (friends Iphone)

[Youtube_browser]_wd_v5_NJsc[/Youtube_browser]

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congratulations! So that time slip was with what mods? I read your post above but not sure if you've implemented all of the mods you were planning. Did you upgrade your blower port (Stage 5) to a Stage 8? If you haven't, save your money and keep the Stage 5 until you're ready to upgrade to a VMS/Whipple/KB. JMO.

Users who are viewing this thread