Proud new owner of a 03 Vert

QuikHD

Established Member
Picked up my new 03 vert today.

Its a 2003 with 2k miles on it!

This car was my stepdads car, he has a few classics and a couple newer cars as well. This car was stored in heated garage since new. Only driven to and from cruise nights on rare occasions.

I think I paid a good price for it since I know its history and have every document for it since new. It set me back $26k

I want to do a few basic mods to it, but mostly keep it stock. Its got a borla exhaust and K&N on it, he said he has a pulley for the SC that he never installed.

Here is pic just after I picked it up.

215957d6.jpg

c801ba75.jpg

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Super low miles congrats!

kingjoey

Boost is in my blood
Established Member
Nice Cobra and super low miles, that's a great deal. It looks familiar, I've seen that look before :D

zeusha

Established Member
Damn good price ma man. Damn clean car too. Congrats ... for small mods just do the things that will keep er rollin like: When you install that lower pulley get a snub idler so you dont get belt slip (PM me I have a steeda one for sale like new $110shipped), do equal head cooling mod, PPRV delete (ruined MANY races for me) and CHANGE THAT STUPID STOCK SHIFTER!!!!!! best mod you will ever do HANDS DOWN! IRS brace to keep wheel hop in check and she will give you long happy life.

QuikHD

Established Member
Damn good price ma man. Damn clean car too. Congrats ... for small mods just do the things that will keep er rollin like: When you install that lower pulley get a snub idler so you dont get belt slip (PM me I have a steeda one for sale like new $110shipped), do equal head cooling mod, PPRV delete (ruined MANY races for me) and CHANGE THAT STUPID STOCK SHIFTER!!!!!! best mod you will ever do HANDS DOWN! IRS brace to keep wheel hop in check and she will give you long happy life.

I'll have to check into those mods. I need to learn a little more about the little odds and ends stuff that should get done.

It does have a Pro 5.0 shifter in it.

Thanks for all the positive comments guys! The car is new, smells new, not a squeak or rattle, bottom of car is spotless. Its funny, I went out in the garage and had the top down, the garage smelled like new car scent!!

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
OMG! 2K miles! What a sweet find. You lucky dog! :)

I just talked to a guy up in Rochester who is looking at a triple black '03 Cobra convertible. I think it has 32k miles. One owner. But 2K miles is so rare. But it never ceases to amaze me that people report buying Terminators with mileage under 12K. Awesome.

dom418

Established Member
Beautiful congrats! You did good on the price. I was looking At a black 04 coupe in Rockford with 2700 miles, had the guy down to 26k so what you paid is right. Enjoy her!

10thSVT_03

Doin it!
Established Member
2k miles for 26 is a great price. There is no market for that car because its in a class of its own. There are not many at all with that low of miles. Great deal!!

QuikHD

Established Member
2k miles for 26 is a great price. There is no market for that car because its in a class of its own. There are not many at all with that low of miles. Great deal!!

Yeah, Its too bad I'm gonna drive it! My wife and I will drive it a little. less than 5k a year so It should always have really low miles. I almost think its sad to see such a car sitting like it did.

The best part about this car is that back in 03 when these came out and he (stepdad) brough it home, I was drooling over this very car! This is THE car that made me want one so bad! Kinda cool that its mine now. He wanted $30k for it, but sold it to me for what he thinks is a low price, I feel its very fair.

Users who are viewing this thread