Proud new owner of a 03 Cobra

boost_aholic97

Established Member
So my wife and i finally pulled the trigger on an 03 Cobra!:banana: she totally loves the lines of the car and i love everything about it! now im new to the "muscle" scene but, by far not new to the power scene. i have been an import head for quite a few years :)burn:) and have always had a special place in my heart for the mustang, and what better platform to get other than the cobra! when we got her, and having a 700whp civic in the garage, i had to do something to it, so i slapped a bassani x pipe and exhaust, pulley, intake, clutch and shifter. now it just goes down hill from here. we were pretty lucky that we know the original owner of the car and she really didn't beat on her, which is a plus but it needs the hood repainted from rock chips, other than that its super clean! here is a pic from my black berry...... soon to be dyno'ed for some numbers then a tune from there....now its time to use the search function and do lots of homework, hopefully you guys can help out a little....:read:

IMG00033-20110220-1143.jpg

03COBRA-88

Established Member
Welcome :beer: You will find tons of information here. You will know the car inside and out in no time.

Blueline

Established Member
Welcome and Conrgats! Yes def. a tune now that you have changed the pulley on it. good luck!!

GTIZZL

Established Member
Congrats on the cobra! and welcome.. You can find most if not everything you will want to know on here!

boost_aholic97

Established Member
Thanks guys! I have been reading a lot, and the carpet mod was the first thing I did...just for good measure. Its scary to know that could happen at WOT!

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Congrats and welcome to the forum. Please don't put her in boost until shes tuned or you might be sorry. Also change the plugs out to NGK tr6 or tr6ix's. Good gap to start at is .032

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congratulations! Looks like a gorgeous Terminator. Gotta love the lines of the '03-'04 Cobra. Classic!

You mentioned that you've added some mods, including a smaller pulley, and that your next moves are to (1) dyno it, and then (2) get it tuned. Do yourself a big favor and do both at once, meaning get a dyno tune. I don't recommend taking it to the dyno first (and then tune later) because you are now running lean since you still have the stock tune with that smaller upper pulley. You do not want to grenade your engine due to detonation. Doing the dyno tune gets both things done at once, and safely.

Best of luck with it!

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Find some 315's on 10.5" replicas, cut 3/4-1 coil from your stock springs (best free mod out there), and it completely changes the look/attitude of the car! Congrats on the purchase.

boost_aholic97

Established Member
thanks for the input guys! what would be the best route for a tuner, i know i would think of running anything else than hondata on my civic, but thats a civic! lol

Welcome to the Site, I drive the same turck as my daily.:beer:
toyotatruckp.jpg
this is the rockcrawler!
DSC_7991.jpg

Very nice purchase, you wont regret it one bit. Also, wouldn't mind seeing some pics of the turbo civic you mentioned.

and the civic
front.jpg

staging.jpg

067.jpg

bayshot.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread