Pro's and con's of a Kenny Bell -VS- F1A

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
Its got a solid axle. No track times, its a street car all the way.

My rwhp is good, rwtq is really shitty, but the car has shortie headers, stock heads, 8.5cr, and a conservative pump gas tune.

drohan8592

Established Member
smashedheadcat said:
There is definately a way to make the procharger car leave hard........ dump the clutch at 4-5K rpm on slicks........ there went any advantage the twinscrew had......

so the T-56 would work quite well i'm assuming, with a two step. maybe an auto is not necessary. i was told by procharger that it's not a good idea to run a cogged car on the street with a manual. they said you could get away with it if you were running an auto, but probably not a stick. i'm sure that 12 rib would work nicely on a street car though.

smashedheadcat

Established Member
The rapid reduction in rpm on a powershift can be very tough on the crankshaft keyway. With an automatic, your torque converter would soak up the harshness on shifts and make it easier on the keyway. So far though, I haven't known of anyone that's had a problem yet. I wouldn't imagine there's much if any beltslip going on in some of these 10-rib manual tensioner cars either.......

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
12 ribs with a manual tensioner-very little if any slip to 30psi

I run 18lbs with a 6 rib steel tensioner (and 8 rib pullies) and get very little slip

Users who are viewing this thread