Pro's and con's of a Kenny Bell -VS- F1A

VENOMIZED03

Established Member
OK guys. I did a search and all I found was KB vs Whipple. I want to know your opinions on a Procharger F1A. I basically know about the KB so I want to mainly hear whats said about a everyday driven F1A car. Whats the most boost ran being safe, what numbers they usually put down and what the quarter mile times are. I know the everyday torque wont be there but what about 1st or 2nd gear roll ons on the highway? Let me know guys.. THANKS JASON

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
Everyone here is going to tell you to go KennyBell because if the TQ factor, just spray a 75 shot and you'll be mid 10's!!

knowfreed0m

Blown Is Better
Established Member
Twin Screw>Centri. blowers IMO Especially on these cars the Procharger and all of them dont seem to work too well for street driving and things like that.

The KB of Whipple make a lot more trq. and they create instant power, as opposed to having to build up and create peak power at 5500rpm like the Centri.'s do. :beer:

03-SilverSnake

Established Member
If you are not running the juice then 19lbs is about the safest limit you'd want to push
the motor without doing any additional internal work... obviously plenty of people go
beyond that but they are taking a big risk.

jackers

Solid Axle Equipt
Established Member
F1A all the way!

Fastest 03 Cobra is running the F1A.

Now that they have the 12 rib set up, I am sure that thing will just haul the mail. All that torque that the kenne bell/whipple guys is nice, but at the track and on the highway, centi blowers are just plain faster.

tms217

Established Member
But torque means more fun on the street... Had a Centri on my 01 now a KB on my 03.. I will never go back...

VENOMIZED03

Established Member
Thats what I am thinking. Its not often that I race from a dig anyway, unless I am at the track. Mostly from a roll on. Which I would think that the F1a is a good "roll on" blower. What PSI would I be able to run on the stock bottom end? With that PSI what would my hp/tq #'s be and a estimate in the 1/4 mile time too.

blackvenom77

killer cobra
Established Member
Go to the Terminator section and do a search on Porcharger and you may be suprised on what you find. Find someone who put one and PM him on why he took it off.

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
tms217 said:
Hmm... I raced a 900 Ninja with no problems... this was a 3rd into 4th roll...

Thats like racing a new 600. It takes 500 hp from a roll and a little time to pull them back in. Or after looking at your sig, a KB haha :beer:

jackers

Solid Axle Equipt
Established Member
Most people took them off for various reasons.
1. Torque Loss compaired to the KB/Whipples.
2. Belt slip with the 6 ribs. Now they have 12 ribs though.

I would love to see some propper track times with a good 12 rib set up. Just remember, Butcher has the fastest 03 cobra with a 6 rib procharger.

To each their own I guess.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
the only way to see the diffs would be to lay a KB dyno over a F1A dyno sheet. (at the same PSI)

tms217

Established Member
Double"O" said:
the only way to see the diffs would be to lay a KB dyno over a F1A dyno sheet. (at the same PSI)

Here is the difference between just the eaton vs vortech V2SQ. Both the same 8-10psi. The KB will make a good 40+HP at the same boost level

compare.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread